New dyno numbers!

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Well after I had a new computer put in my car Houston Performance re-tuned it and it made 458rwhp and 507rwtq!! I'm suprised it made 507 for the torque. It was a 95* day.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Thanks guys..I'm so glad I got my car fixed finally! It would keep dying and I didn't know what the problem was. Ended up being a messed up wire and the computer was bad too.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
nice they just did my tune 2-3 weeks ago and my car runs perfectly. You got me on torque from higher boost I wonder if the slightly larger pistons played in to that much also ? I got you on a few horsepower from my home ported blower. It would be interesting to see our cars race blower to blower. You have more torque I have more horsepower.:)

what happened to your motor before ?

Last edited:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Thanks again guys. I don't know if the bigger pistons made the torque higher or not but it suprised the hell out of me when I looked at the dyno sheet and it was 507 TQ!!
68 GT, I only race at baytown I don't street race. But like the old saying, horsepower sells cars, torque wins races!
To make a long story short, the previous owner did some mods to the car without getting it tuned resulting in my motor knocking. So I took it to HP and they built it. Costed me 6 grand. :nonono:

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
when you bought the car it was knocking or began after ? man that sucks....which car is yours has it been up there for awhile being built ?

Baytown is what I had in mind :) I just need some tires for the track and want to make some changes to my NOS so I can spray out there too. I have some frineds that all want to go out there too I just need to get my car ready.

Last edited:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
It started knocking about a year after I bought it..My tuner figured out that it wasn't tuned for the mods it had done to it. My car is the silver metallic cobra with chrome saleens and a saleen wing. It hasen't been there a while it was at the dealership mostly.
Send me a PM when you're ready to go but with my shitto drag radials I probably won't hook.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely some great numbers. The torque is what really caught my attention. I remember when I had my '03 Cobra (before the blower port) and with a 2.90 upper it made 457rwhp and 480rwtq. The torque number was a higher than normal and thrilled me. But I'd be even MORE thrilled if it had been 507! Sweet!

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Blake I saw your saleen there! Looks great as always!
Yep my jaw dropped when I seen the TQ number! I was sooo happy.
If yall don't believe me I can take a pic of the dyno sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread