New dyno numbers... Not happy??

SVTwnaRUN

Boost-N-Sided
Established Member
Hello, I just got my dyno tune and Im not happy is the numbers,I thought it would be higher dyno at 440rwhp 525tq it has a 5.0 stroker motor parts from mmr with all the best goodies. And I wanted to ask whats going on or I just have to live with it.if anyone has something similar and has some tip please tell me..thank you

BBK or x
Single blade tb
Billet flow Plm
5.0 stroker
Mid port done heads
#60 pound
Mafia
Kb boost a pump

sorry guys here's more info: and car pulls hard,my tuner said i have to much motor for the lilttle eaton that once I go twin i will be surpriced. But still really only 440...

1mm over size valves
Mild port heads
8.5.1 compression
Stock lower
91 oct
Stock eaton(no port)
AED tune
11.4 A/F
19* timing
Not sure about dyno but mustang dyno?

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
who tuned it? how much timing? whats the air/fuel ratio?

nice amount of torque but the hp seems way low.

matt87

Established Member
ya thats a combo begging for a twin screw or at least a port.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
SF cali, so either AED/TPS/NexGen/or maybe RPM tune.. Dyno's are tuning tools. how does it feel?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ditto on what people are saying about dynos. If you're using the stock Eaton then the power isn't off by a crazy amount. Your torque is great. Are you on a 91 octane tune? Stock lower? Stock, unported Eaton?

SVTwnaRUN

Boost-N-Sided
Established Member
sorry guys here's more info: and car pulls hard,my tuner said i have to much motor for the lilttle eaton that once I go twin i will be surpriced. But still really only 440...

1mm over size valves
Mild port heads
8.5.1 compression
Stock lower
91 oct
Stock eaton(no port)
AED tune
11.4 A/F
19* timing
Not sure about dyno but mustang dyno?

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's tuned by AED it's on a dynamics dyno.. The numbers are correct and probably SAE corrected.. I wouldn't worry about the numbers, Shaun knows his stuff and that is quite the motor with a none ported Eaton.

SVTwnaRUN

Boost-N-Sided
Established Member
We saw boost at 14psi and whent down to 10psi at 6200rpm

Exhaust is stock manifolds,BBk OR X,Magnaflow exhaust
Temps he said they where good not a problem at all their.

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
beign that ur loosing boost pressure ur tuner is right ur eaton cant keep up with what the engine can consume as the rpm goes up. That is why ur power is down....u need a better blower, its maxed out!!!!!!

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
I agree, Boost is a measurement of restriction. The 10psi your seeing at 6200 rpm just goes to show you that motor is breathing and begging for more. You need a bigger blower now....

mustang john

Established Member
You have a nice 5.0 stroker and your corking it on both ends with stock manifolds and a stock unported eaton. Get some LTs and at least a ported blower with a #4 lower pulley and watch the numbers jump 80-100rwhp.

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It's probably just the Eaton and the fact you were on a dynodynamics (which reads similar to a mustang dyno). your numbers are fine. My ported eaton did 432/420 On a mustang dyno and I put it on a dynojet and made 494/488 on a 2.76 upper only with no changes.

Only think that might be an issue is if the engine builder didn't degree the cams properly that could be a loss of power right there.

Users who are viewing this thread