New dyno numbers... Not happy??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's probably just the Eaton and the fact you were on a dynodynamics (which reads similar to a mustang dyno). your numbers are fine. My ported eaton did 432/420 On a mustang dyno and I put it on a dynojet and made 494/488 on a 2.76 upper only with no changes.

Only think that might be an issue is if the engine builder didn't degree the cams properly that could be a loss of power right there.

There dyno is within 1% of a Dynojet.. IT's not the dyno reading low

gabe1530

Banned
like others have said, the stock eaton is holding you back. either get it ported or upgrade to a bigger blower. your going to have to stay upper only as the guys at AED are opposed to using aftermarket lower pulleys. with that considered i would just move to a bigger blower. now, are you worried about emissions? (i dont think you are since you dont have cats) that will limit your blower choice.

cobracide

Established Member
So you have this built motor, where do you want to be? HP wise? 500, 600, 700..? That will decide what blower size to go with. To be redundant, open it up.. you should see the numbers.

For now with an Eaton, intake (SBTB, port) and exhaust (headers). If you want to bother.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
very nice. what are your fuel options in sf? i think there are only a couple e85 stations. if you have to stay with 91 i recommend staying with the standard inlet 2.9.

SVTwnaRUN

Boost-N-Sided
Established Member
I'm going with the e85 but I will also have a tune for 91oct ofcorse I won't see anywhere close to 800 on 91 but e85 I will..lol I just wanted to hear someone options. Of what u think.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
An ported blower would help but a twin screw would better even better

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm going with the e85 but I will also have a tune for 91oct ofcorse I won't see anywhere close to 800 on 91 but e85 I will..lol I just wanted to hear someone options. Of what u think.

Your gonna need a fuel system if you dont have one yet to run E85 at the power you want. But yes E85 is the way to go for power in ca.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
If is a upper only eaton then those numbers are about right even with the motor upgrades. Your A/F is on the rich side and you you could use 2* more timing and you would be closer to 470rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread