New Dyno number stock motor all boltons 485rwhp&420rwtq

poof100

Established Member
Gotcha. No dyno is the same. Numbers for OP's car do seem very high. Track times will tell the tell.

-Thomas

You are correct, but Dynojets always read higher than other "load" bearing dynos like Mustang Dynos or Dyno Dynamics ones. There are probably small differences between each one of the same "type" but a Dynojet will always read higher than the other 2 mentioned.

I'm curious on the #s posted, especially on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, which is load bearing.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You are correct, but Dynojets always read higher than other "load" bearing dynos like Mustang Dynos or Dyno Dynamics ones. There are probably small differences between each one of the same "type" but a Dynojet will always read higher than the other 2 mentioned.

I'm curious on the #s posted, especially on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, which is load bearing.

So your saying the numbers should be pretty accurate?

poof100

Established Member
So your saying the numbers should be pretty accurate?

Well I'm stumped, as I'm not sure what is going on, since it was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I would like to see the mph trap speed at the track to see how much power it's really making. :shrug:

What gear was the pull done in?

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Well I'm stumped, as I'm not sure what is going on, since it was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I would like to see the mph trap speed at the track to see how much power it's really making. :shrug:

What gear was the pull done in?

Im stumped also. If those numbers are true then this car is a factory freak.

With those numbers If the car doesn't trap at least 125mph I would be disappointed.

The sheet says dyno'd in 5th gear.

-Thomas

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Im stumped also. If those numbers are true then this car is a factory freak.

With those numbers If the car doesn't trap at least 125mph I would be disappointed.

The sheet says dyno'd in 5th gear.

-Thomas

125 trap would be sweet NA

Phil DoWork

Established Member
Hate to be a nut buster but a dyno is used as a tuning device. Every flipping dyno will read different. Alot of people go by mustang dyno's because they are the butt hurt of the car world. If you can turn good numbers on it you are doing great things. Some shop's will even have a higher reading dyno just so the numbers sound good. Who doesn't like being told that your car is making 40+ more hp than you thought?

Not saying that's what we have here but Jesus Christ, give the man some credit he's on E85 also!

sean04

Established Member
I never have understood why people get so excited or upset over dyno numbers. They mean nothing. The dyno is a tuning tool, nothing else.

Last time at the track there was a mustang that made "47x rwhp" trapping 115-117 mph. My car made 430 last time on the dyno and I was trapping 5-7mph higher all night long.

clean92lx

Established Member
holy shit! Boss intake and coils, here I come! LOL:lol:

Cant wait to see track results, because this isn't adding up.

Shaun@AED

I never have understood why people get so excited or upset over dyno numbers. They mean nothing. The dyno is a tuning tool, nothing else.

Last time at the track there was a mustang that made "47x rwhp" trapping 115-117 mph. My car made 430 last time on the dyno and I was trapping 5-7mph higher all night long.

Same Dyno as well.
There is a LOT to be said about the mod between the drivers seat and steering wheel. ;)

SCalla1384

Established Member
Nice numbers. Curious to see what it traps.

Some people like dyno numbers I don't understand why people get butt hurt and say "dyno is just a tuning tool" who cares... Not everyone races there cars.

Users who are viewing this thread