New Dyno number stock motor all boltons 485rwhp&420rwtq

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
LOL here you guys go, go on a dyno that you cannot change settings in. or just go to the track.

[youtube_browser]sDwjfZvmPHg[/youtube_browser]

DIB5.0

Established Member
A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him. Dynoed at one place 470/410 and then had it dynoed at another place and put down 425/390.
He had Tune, Boss IM, CAI, Full exhaust.

D.T.R

Established Member
It is not going to trap 125mph with that WHP/TQ unless he guts the crap out of that car lol
I trapped 126mph with a 100shot... making 515whp/580wtq ... i don't see how with those numbers he can trap 125mph...

Like everyone said, those numbers are just dyno numbers... the mph at the track is what tells the true story. Those numbers seem super inflated to me, TBH.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Nice numbers man.

What is the exact list of mods?

Local guy in my club just recently broke 500 rwhp NA on his build earlier this week.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You are correct, but Dynojets always read higher than other "load" bearing dynos like Mustang Dynos or Dyno Dynamics ones. There are probably small differences between each one of the same "type" but a Dynojet will always read higher than the other 2 mentioned.

I'm curious on the #s posted, especially on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, which is load bearing.

Most Dyno Dynamics I've seen usually read high. They are one of the easiest to "cheat" on.

Not saying that's the case here. But in general, it's seen a lot. Traps will tell power at the end of the day, so go burn up the strip! :)

As far as the coil packs, i'm not a huge fan of them. Me and mark @ MMR spoke a lot about these last week at the race. He said that the Accels are the only ones that have really shown him any good data showing real results.

We were thinking about trying them out on the blue car with a before and after dyno.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Most Dyno Dynamics I've seen usually read high. They are one of the easiest to "cheat" on.

Not saying that's the case here. But in general, it's seen a lot. Traps will tell power at the end of the day, so go burn up the strip! :)

As far as the coil packs, i'm not a huge fan of them. Me and mark @ MMR spoke a lot about these last week at the race. He said that the Accels are the only ones that have really shown him any good data showing real results.

We were thinking about trying them out on the blue car with a before and after dyno.
If the coils packs actually did prove to be worth it, then that would be a first.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

I would love to see a nicely done before and after.

poof100

Established Member
5th gear everytime and i will try and make it to the track with in a week or 2 max.

Sounds good. I didn't mean to come off in a bashing mode, just was curious to the numbers with corresponding mods. You might have a ringer! :burnout: Keep us posted on the track mph, definitely curious. Hope you get some solid times.

In my personal opinion, I don't see any coil packs doing much for performance, as you know they never have for the Mod motors, but that's not to say things have changed. I'm curious to see your #s if you do a back to back comparison.

2012GT/CS

Established Member
I understand what you guy's are saying and another shop i know has a dyno jet dyno I will take a run on just see if there is any difference. And yes i honestly do feel a difference with the accel packs. The main difference i feel in just in throttle responce and it's more snappy when you hit the gas. and my car weights 3560lbs with out me in it and im 195lbs. So I'll see how i do at the track very soon.

Black11gt

Established Member
I understand what you guy's are saying and another shop i know has a dyno jet dyno I will take a run on just see if there is any difference. And yes i honestly do feel a difference with the accel packs. The main difference i feel in just in throttle responce and it's more snappy when you hit the gas. and my car weights 3560lbs with out me in it and im 195lbs. So I'll see how i do at the track very soon.

I 99% sure I saw your car at raceway park in the lanes? did you run?

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
I was in lane 5 and kept getting screw over by the gamblers I only got one run in when I first got there 81 degrees outside 12.3@117 which sucked on street tires and 20" wheels. Which car was yours?

Thanks for sharing your track results. Seems fairly consistent mph for a full weight boss combo. 117 mph is around 495 hp at your weight which is closer to 420 rwhp SAE with 15% drivetrain loss. What was the DA?

mhyjek

Established Member
Thanks for sharing your track results. Seems fairly consistent mph for a full weight boss combo. 117 mph is around 495 hp at your weight which is closer to 420 rwhp SAE with 15% drivetrain loss. What was the DA?
DA was around 2000 according to Drag times so his WHP is around 420ish which is normal. OP what was your 60 foot time?

Users who are viewing this thread