New Dyno number stock motor all boltons 485rwhp&420rwtq

tt54l32v

Established Member
If a dyno is nothing but a tuning tool, then what is the track? Just as many variables there as on a dyno. Head winds, traction problems, shit tracks, short trap distances, drivers, DA's and the list goes on and on. Neither is an exact science.
Everybody in here knew the numbers were high just from knowing what the combo should put down based on a combination of all the posts made in this forum. The real value in the op is now we know that wherever he got it dyno'd reads high.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If a dyno is nothing but a tuning tool, then what is the track? Just as many variables there as on a dyno. Head winds, traction problems, shit tracks, short trap distances, drivers, DA's and the list goes on and on. Neither is an exact science.
Everybody in here knew the numbers were high just from knowing what the combo should put down based on a combination of all the posts made in this forum. The real value in the op is now we know that wherever he got it dyno'd reads high.

even with crappy driving, the car will usually mph close.

it's not really the same.

the track will tell the full story on what the car is doing.

4VFTW

Established Member
even with crappy driving, the car will usually mph close.

it's not really the same.

the track will tell the full story on what the car is doing.
^this...MPH speaks the truth , as long as your foots in it from 1/8th to the finish MPH will be close.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
You can't make a dyno read what it wants. There are differences because you can't manufacture every piece of every dyno to the exact same tolerances. That's why you only use a dyno as a tuning tool. Preferrably the same dyno, same day before mods, and after mods to see the true gain in HP. All dynos will read differently within a certain range.

You can make a dyno dynamics read triple if you want. It's so easy its stupid. You press like F10 or something and a window pops up asking u to enter a correction factor. You can take a 400whp car and enter 1.5, hit enter, and BAM!! You have 600whp. You can enter 3.0 and hit enter, and BAM you made 1200whp. It's THAT simple.

Dyno Dynamic's dyno's out of the box read ROUGHLY 12%-15% less than dynojets. So most guys set their CF to 1.12-1.15 and leave it there forever. Some leave them at 0. Some set them to 1.18 and I've even seen 1.2. Some guys play around with it at will.

So the point is, you can't post up DD #'s EVER anywhere without knowing what the CF was. Cuz every dyno IS already diff in itself, and then on top of that every shop owner does diff things. The CF should be on the sheet by default if you ask me, right next to the numbers. The numbers mean absolutely nothing.

Now on mustang dynos and dynojets you can play around with roller weights, air temps, and so on to alter #'s as well. but you still have to do a little more work. It's not as simple as just pressing F10 and entering in a number on the fly. I had a boss years ago and a previous job that was trying to tune cars (horribly) and he was trying to make 500whp on a customer's car and he couldn't make more than 448whp. So he just jacked the # up right in front of the guy and he did it so fast the kid didn't even realize. Bam the car was at 503whp and the kid was happy. He just said he had to "fix" the correction factor and his car actually made more than that. Then he's like "ok, there's the real #"

Check this video out...
AMS Performance Dyno Parameter Manipulation Overview - YouTube

THIS DOES HAPPEN EVERYDAY

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can make a dyno dynamics read triple if you want. It's so easy its stupid. You press like F10 or something and a window pops up asking u to enter a correction factor. You can take a 400whp car and enter 1.5, hit enter, and BAM!! You have 600whp. You can enter 3.0 and hit enter, and BAM you made 1200whp. It's THAT simple.

Dyno Dynamic's dyno's out of the box read ROUGHLY 12%-15% less than dynojets. So most guys set their CF to 1.12-1.15 and leave it there forever. Some leave them at 0. Some set them to 1.18 and I've even seen 1.2. Some guys play around with it at will.

So the point is, you can't post up DD #'s EVER anywhere without knowing what the CF was. Cuz every dyno IS already diff in itself, and then on top of that every shop owner does diff things. The CF should be on the sheet by default if you ask me, right next to the numbers. The numbers mean absolutely nothing.

Now on mustang dynos and dynojets you can play around with roller weights, air temps, and so on to alter #'s as well. but you still have to do a little more work. It's not as simple as just pressing F10 and entering in a number on the fly. I had a boss years ago and a previous job that was trying to tune cars (horribly) and he was trying to make 500whp on a customer's car and he couldn't make more than 448whp. So he just jacked the # up right in front of the guy and he did it so fast the kid didn't even realize. Bam the car was at 503whp and the kid was happy. He just said he had to "fix" the correction factor and his car actually made more than that. Then he's like "ok, there's the real #"

Check this video out...
AMS Performance Dyno Parameter Manipulation Overview - YouTube

THIS DOES HAPPEN EVERYDAY

Quoted for truth, lol!!

I've never seen a DD that actually reads low like they supposedly do.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Quoted for truth, lol!!

I've never seen a DD that actually reads low like they supposedly do.

I've seen a few guys leave them on 0 CF but it's Rare. Because 98% of the public refuses to just be ok with a dyno being a before and after tool. They will always compare #'s to what they see online or what they hear from their buddies. And when you have a low reading dyno, people naturally just don't want to come to you. They don't care if they trap 135 but their car is only reading 530whp when on a dynojet it would read 650whp.

Dynojets are the industry standard and the #'s everyone talks about.

NOTHING tells power like Trap speed vs weight. That's IT. Trap speed vs weight = how much power your car is making.

I operated a dyno dynamics dyno for a few years and now I operate a dynojet 3-5 times a week. So trust me I know, lol.

mweigt07

Established Member
I dynoed only on a DD and bama tune with steeda intake and o/r h-pipe put down 325 rwhp then with AED E85 tune with 47# injectors I put down 360 rwhp.
Well the year before same dyno I put down 370 with the same bama mods. So I guess Im the only one with low numbers on a DD lol

Black11gt

Established Member
oh ok, Hey maybe you can help if you want lol. Have you dynoed your car yet? if so wana dyno it where i go and see if the numbers are higher? lol only $75.00 for 3 pulls half hour from you.

yea I have no problem with that, once my car gets back from the dealer with a "new" mt82. should be soon (been 2 months)

chancejat

Established Member
get some skinnies and drag radials and youll pick up at least 2 mph over some 20in wheels....then go in the fall when you have near zero DA and you be trapping over 120 easy if you have enough gear to stay out of 5th....not to mention you cant even shift at 7.5k which is necessary to take advantage of the boss IM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread