New Dyno number stock motor all boltons 485rwhp&420rwtq

2012GT/CS

Established Member
I'm a foxbody guy I'm use to racing on 275/60/15 et streets so leaving on 20" wheel and street tires sucks lol. I'm saving for some racestars. The other problem was I was having trouble shifting over 7k with the stock shifter so I never got to shift at 7500 rpms. I have the mgw shifter and ss clutch line, but have not installed them yet.

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
117 traps does not equal the dyno figure you posted. I have been 120 plus with more weight and stock tires and I know my car makes around 430ish

vfast

Established Member
what is all the fuzz about it's just dyno numbers for a reference. good lord people have to tear someones car down just over what a dyno says....these people need to just stick with thier desk dyno..lol

2012GT/CS

Established Member
117 traps does not equal the dyno figure you posted. I have been 120 plus with more weight and stock tires and I know my car makes around 430ish

You gota remember it's not my shop or dyno I'm just a customer that goes for dyno runs. There was a stock R32 skyline that only put down 207hp. I don't know why my car reads high they told me before my first run there not to expect much because the dyno is a heart breaker.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
id love to dyno mine just to see what it makes, you can make a dyno read about what it wants. it runs consistent 12.2-3 @116ish in about 1600 DA with 80-85 degree heat. It's been a best of 12.20@118 with a 1.86 60' in about 1500 DA. I'm tune only with some racestars and 28" ET streets. you need some tires and you'll easily be in the 11s.

Poppacapp

Established Member
id love to dyno mine just to see what it makes, you can make a dyno read about what it wants. it runs consistent 12.2-3 @116ish in about 1600 DA with 80-85 degree heat. It's been a best of 12.20@118 with a 1.86 60' in about 1500 DA. I'm tune only with some racestars and 28" ET streets. you need some tires and you'll easily be in the 11s.

You can't make a dyno read what it wants. There are differences because you can't manufacture every piece of every dyno to the exact same tolerances. That's why you only use a dyno as a tuning tool. Preferrably the same dyno, same day before mods, and after mods to see the true gain in HP. All dynos will read differently within a certain range.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Must be a very happy dyno since the time and mph both fall short big time. Biggest thing to remember is that its just a tool to tune with, just keep working your '60 down and you should see 11's no problem. For the record my car has been 11.6@117 with 395whp @ 2000 DA with minor weight reduction. My car is probably closer to what it actually should be making though as it only had a tune, cat deletes, gt500 mufflers and a ported stock manifold that had actually lost power over a stock one.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can't make a dyno read what it wants. There are differences because you can't manufacture every piece of every dyno to the exact same tolerances. That's why you only use a dyno as a tuning tool. Preferrably the same dyno, same day before mods, and after mods to see the true gain in HP. All dynos will read differently within a certain range.

No, but some you can make read quite a bit more, Dyno dynamics is one of the easiest to do this with

I've seen coyotes that dynoed over 1100 on a dd and not break 1000 somewhere else

Not saying that's the case here, but easy to do

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
No, but some you can make read quite a bit more, Dyno dynamics is one of the easiest to do this with

I've seen coyotes that dynoed over 1100 on a dd and not break 1000 somewhere else

Not saying that's the case here, but easy to do

thank you. thats what i meant. within reason, you can fudge dyno numbers.

Black11gt

Established Member
I was in lane 5 and kept getting screw over by the gamblers I only got one run in when I first got there 81 degrees outside 12.3@117 which sucked on street tires and 20" wheels. Which car was yours?

I wasn't there racing, I live 10 mins away so I usually go there for test & tune days

Users who are viewing this thread