New Cobra and Need Mod Suggestions

greensvtcobra99

Established Member
Just purchased my 2003 TR 10th anniversary cobra 100% stock 38k miles. I have about 2500.00 to spend. Here's some of my thoughts...

Ported Blower
CAI/RAI
2.8/2.76 Pulley....idler pulleys maybe?
X-Cal 3/Dyno Tune
IRS Brace
Subframe Connectors
Mac O/R Prochamber with Mac/Borla catback
LFP Heat Exchanger

Car is strictly a DD/Weekend Cruiser. Just looking for initial 500rwhp setup with suggestions:shrug:

Last edited:

Baby J

Established Member
first thing i did was CAI, 95 MAF, 2.80 pulley, 100mm idler, magnaflow X w/ high flow cats, and magna cat back and got new tires and tuned it. made 460/472 and some new NGK plugs, which are a must if you change the pulley.

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

Yes with 2.76 upper need an Idler pulley, notch the tensioner and make sure belt is Tight. With that set up over 500 rwhp, nice Daily driver.
My computer is slow right now I will post up graph with same set up for you as soon as I can.:shrug:
Call us if you have any questions or concerns, we have a very knowledgeable staff or you can ask to speak with Bob direct.
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
We do have a Sale going on at this time pricing on Front page of our Web site are NOT the sale prices,
I will also post those when my computer stops having a mind of it's own.
Thanks

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Your list looks pretty good,don`t rule out the possibility of needing supporting fuel mods(maf,injectors and a bap).For sure do the sub-frames and brace first.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I see you have owned a couple Cobra's before so you know the biggest issue with these cars, the rear end. Don't even think about a ported blower or smaller pulley untill you can get your current power to the ground. I curse myself for not modding the car properly. From the ground up!. Here is a list of mods I would get If I were you.

-AC 427 Cobra's IRS and diferential bushing kit or Mamimum Mortorsport or Steeda. Somthing reputable
-14mm IRS bolts. Ford used 12mm which are to small.
-The rounded IRS bolt so larger tires won't rub
-A high quality lowering spring or coil over if you so chose
-Full length subframe connectors
-Billetflow IRS brace or upgrade the cover all together
-A decent set of tires.

And, if you are going to the track get a tire with a soft side wall and some skinnies upfront. It's more money but a helluva lot more fun and less frustrating.

After you have all that done then think about going for the big horsepower mods.However, I wouldn't blame you if got the cai and catback first. Remerber all that power is useless if you can't put it to the ground.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While those drivetrain mods are great, if he isn't going to be racing the car they aren't really needed. With 504rwhp and a 100% stock drivetrain I never had a problem. Now if we're talking the occasional track visit and your budget is fatter then, yes, invest in those mods. JMO.

greensvtcobra99

Established Member
I see you have owned a couple Cobra's before so you know the biggest issue with these cars, the rear end. Don't even think about a ported blower or smaller pulley untill you can get your current power to the ground. I curse myself for not modding the car properly. From the ground up!. Here is a list of mods I would get If I were you.

-AC 427 Cobra's IRS and diferential bushing kit or Mamimum Mortorsport or Steeda. Somthing reputable
-14mm IRS bolts. Ford used 12mm which are to small.
-The rounded IRS bolt so larger tires won't rub
-A high quality lowering spring or coil over if you so chose
-Full length subframe connectors
-Billetflow IRS brace or upgrade the cover all together
-A decent set of tires.

And, if you are going to the track get a tire with a soft side wall and some skinnies upfront. It's more money but a helluva lot more fun and less frustrating.

After you have all that done then think about going for the big horsepower mods.However, I wouldn't blame you if got the cai and catback first. Remerber all that power is useless if you can't put it to the ground.

Great information. Yeah It will strictly be street usage only and will look into purchasing some of the upgraded components mentioned from you guys. Thanks for the info!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Congrats & good luck with the mods!! ....My car I'd do a pulley, CAI, Tune, Hi-flow X & Catback for starters! ...Good rubber for the streets!

dynobobstieg

2.76 upper Stiegemeier ported blower tb pl tune straight shot CAI Ngk plugs 14.5 lbs boost
graphken.jpg

Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
[email protected]

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Just purchased my 2003 TR 10th anniversary cobra 100% stock 38k miles. I have about 2500.00 to spend. Here's some of my thoughts...

Ported Blower
CAI/RAI
X-Cal 3/Dyno Tune
IRS Brace
Subframe Connectors
LFP Heat Exchanger

Car is strictly a DD/Weekend Cruiser. Just looking for initial 500rwhp setup with suggestions:shrug:

Congrats on your new Cobra.
Your parts list looks good and you have been given some good advice from other members.
If your looking for a great tuner give Justin at VMP Tuning a call.
He has been tuning my car for years as I have added mods with great results.
His shop is a short drive down to Debary.
Best of luck with your car!

-

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Ported Blower
CAI/RAI
X-Cal 3/Dyno Tune
IRS Brace
Subframe Connectors
LFP Heat Exchanger

Drop me a line I've got some ideas for you. I am not too far from daytona beach. [email protected]

Freakingstang

Established Member
agreed, on the pulley, X and catback. Get a good CAI like JLT and definately the bushings in the IRS. I'd skip the ported eaton and go for a whipple or KB down the road.

I'm only 474/495 with no portwork, but I can't get on it til 3rd cause the wheel hop is so bad. and 3rd is iffy sometimes.

Mine is basic, but I'm almost pegged on the air meter. Injectors and pump are close too, so amy more mods are going to require a lot of dollars in supporting parts first....

Also, put a set of good idlers and snub idler on the list of must do's. I owned mine a week when the right upper idler peeled back and took out the p/s resevoir and bracket.....

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
1) Air - K&N or JTL
2) Catback - midpipe
3) Subframes
4) Pulleys - idlers w/ tune
5) Ported Eaton or Twin screw Whipple/Kenne-Bell with supporting mods.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member

Ported Blower
CAI/RAI
2.8/2.76 Pulley....idler pulleys A MUST !!!
X-Cal 3/Dyno Tune
IRS Brace
Subframe Connectors
LFP Heat Exchanger

good list there :beer:

yea like somebody said get a bap & a mafia too

i have the steggy port with plenuim & tb combo also i made 530/485

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread