~New Air Filter For My RAI~

TVSCobra

Established Member
Got mine on monday after measuring my old filter I ended up with the same size as the op.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
who says they filter 50 times more than an S&B Powerstack? Let me guess Amsoil??
Nice product nonetheless..

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
whats the cleaning process? I just picked up a new S&B filter since I didnt want to oil my old one lol :( also on an off topic... what tune issues would I see going form a JLT in fender CAI to a RAI style like yours?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
who says they filter 50 times more than an S&B Powerstack? Let me guess Amsoil??
Nice product nonetheless..
I have actually heard this numerous times. Cotton/Gauze filters DO NOT filter out as much dirt. Period! Put a S&B filter on a big truck in that sees off highway use and I'll show you an engine with blowby in a month! I sell big off road trucks for a living and I have seen this first hand. Cotton/Gauze filters flow well, but they do not filter well.

whats the cleaning process? I just picked up a new S&B filter since I didnt want to oil my old one lol :( also on an off topic... what tune issues would I see going form a JLT in fender CAI to a RAI style like yours?
You just use an air compressor at low pressure to blow the dirt out of the filter. (20 psi)

When I went from a JLT High Boost CAI to the RAI I have now my tune actually went .5 richer. This will not always be the case though. Any time you move the MAF you have to recheck your A/F.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Thanks for that info 04 Sleeper but how about driving my car for about 15 miles a day in sunny Florida and not offroad dirt driving? I'm getting ready to do my Vortech install and haven't got the air filter yet, I have a 10" S&B with my RAI and was gonna use their 6" version, maybe I should reconsider and go with the Amsoil one?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks for that info 04 Sleeper but how about driving my car for about 15 miles a day in sunny Florida and not offroad dirt driving? I'm getting ready to do my Vortech install and haven't got the air filter yet, I have a 10" S&B with my RAI and was gonna use their 6" version, maybe I should reconsider and go with the Amsoil one?
I only drive my car on nice sunny days as well. But there is no reason to be able to have the same flow with more protection. The number one way to introduce dirt into your engine is through the air filter. The Amsoil filters filter particles less than 1 micron.

I would look into whatever size you need for your set up.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just ordered an S&B replacement for my K&N FIPK style filter that is mounted in front of my JLT RAI. I could not find a EA filter that had a large enough flange to fit the magic donut. Here are the specs on it.

6" Flange ID, 7.5" Base OD, 4.7" Power Stack Top OD, 8.25" Element Height

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered an S&B replacement for my K&N FIPK style filter that is mounted in front of my JLT RAI. I could not find a EA filter that had a large enough flange to fit the magic donut. Here are the specs on it.

6" Flange ID, 7.5" Base OD, 4.7" Power Stack Top OD, 8.25" Element Height

You should post up some pics of the finished product! I just ordered a JLT RAI, and would like to maybe get this amsoil filter as well. The JLT kits says it comes with a 4x9 filter?

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
i need to pick one up, i don't like having to oil the filter that came with my FIPK2 but i also want an open ended filter for racing......is that part number the same size for what i'd need?

+1 let me know what filter works for the fipk2 :beer: I want to get one of these filters also. :beer:

some one should start a list of what filter to use with say the k&n , & jlt rai, cai, etc... :beer:

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
+1 let me know what filter works for the fipk2 :beer: I want to get one of these filters also. :beer:

some one should start a list of what filter to use with say the k&n , & jlt rai, cai, etc... :beer:

+1 that would be a great idea!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The model number that 04 Sleeper listed is the 9 inch Replacement for the RAI, for the CAI you'd want the 7 inch. Also on the Amsoil site they cross reference with the K&N part #'s, not the actual fipk2 just the filter itself!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You should post up some pics of the finished product! I just ordered a JLT RAI, and would like to maybe get this amsoil filter as well. The JLT kits says it comes with a 4x9 filter?
Yeah it comes with the S&B Powerstack 9 inch with a 4 inch connector like this one, if your getting a brand new one in the kit use that! OK we've concluded that Amsoil filters are GREAT but S&B is no slouch either!:beer:
This pic was after about 6 months of driving, still looks clean to me?
svtcobra095.jpg

yellowgt02

Established Member
Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
old post, but need to bump it to see if anyone has a reference to which OPEN ENDED Amsoil filter would directly replace the K&N FIPK2

Users who are viewing this thread