~New Air Filter For My RAI~

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn dude! Thats awsome, and they don't sell that cover anymore? I love the black valve covers as well!

Also anyone know if that filter would work for JLT RAI?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looks great Kevin, the carbon fiber shield goes well with the other wrinkle black items.
Thanks Will. I think it compliments the engine well. I wasn't really getting it for the looks though.

Looks good. I was thinking of trying an Amsoil filter for my JLT CAI.
I would recommend it.

looks great, remove the headlight and take another pic!
I'm sure I could. It is an open end filter and that would work.

What CFM does it flow in comparison to the S*B?
They flow the same as the S&B but filter 50 times more than the S&B.

I like,longevity?
Amsoil says 100,000 miles, but it really depends on conditions.

That is really cool, and it looks identical in dimensions/design to the S&B - except the media type, obviously. I just recently bought a brand new S&B too!:rollseyes:bash: I also have that Metco cover, but I am still not sure if I will run it, or not.
If you don't want to run it I'm sure you can easily sell it. I love the quality of mine.

Shame that Metco doesn't sell that any longer. I really like how it looks. And the Amsoil filter looks to be very high quality, which is what I'd expect from them. Great looking engine bay there. :thumbsup:
It is a shame that Metco doesn't sell these any more. They are great quality. Thanks Bob.

i need to pick one up, i don't like having to oil the filter that came with my FIPK2 but i also want an open ended filter for racing......is that part number the same size for what i'd need?
No Tony. It will be different.

Here are the UA Filters by size. You will have to measure your filter and match it up.
http://www.amsoil.com/products/ea_filters/EaAU_Photos_and_Specs.pdf

Where did you purchase yours from?
Directly from Amsoil.

Damn dude! Thats awsome, and they don't sell that cover anymore? I love the black valve covers as well!

Also anyone know if that filter would work for JLT RAI?
Yes, it is a direct replacement for the JLT RAI.

You could get them directly from Amsoil. I believe that's where 04Sleeper said he got it from in an earlier post.
Correct. Thanks. :beer:

Thanks for the info. Looks like a nice product.
It is a very nice product.

Like someone else said, wish they still made that Metco shield! It looks like a very nice piece.
Well maybe talk black 10th vert out of his or buy this guys heat sheild.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...25-03-04-cobra-high-boost-carbon-cai-rai.html

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
kevin do you believe the heat sheild helps?

people talk so much that once your car starts moving over 30mph the ambiant air outside is the same as inside the engine compartment. do you believe this?

what is the main reason you went with the heat shield?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
kevin do you believe the heat sheild helps?

people talk so much that once your car starts moving over 30mph the ambiant air outside is the same as inside the engine compartment. do you believe this?

what is the main reason you went with the heat shield?
I don't think it makes any difference with or without the heat sheild actually. IAT's will roughly be the same with either set up. I put it on because it looks cleaner and protects the filter.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I don't think it makes any difference with or without the heat sheild actually. IAT's will roughly be the same with either set up. I put it on because it looks cleaner and protects the filter.

Agreed, it does look good. I'm going to keep mine unshielded....that blue color and redfire might clash though. but what do i know about fashion??

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Agreed, it does look good. I'm going to keep mine unshielded....that blue color and redfire might clash though. but what do i know about fashion??
:lol:

Not much obviously. LOL... If it bothers you that much when you put it on then you could always buy the Carbon Fiber Sheild from the guy I posted for $40.

black 10th vert

Established Member

That is exactly what I was thinking. I had the K+N setup, and never really liked having the filter just sitting there in the open - especially when washing the engine bay. I usually wrap the big filter with a plastic shopping bag to protect it from getting too wet. The carbon cover definitely will help with that. Kevin, in your case, that blue filter would have definitely clashed with your scheme too. Since I have the S&B, it isn't as big of a clash without a cover, as I already have some red accents in there.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That is exactly what I was thinking. I had the K+N setup, and never really liked having the filter just sitting there in the open - especially when washing the engine bay. I usually wrap the big filter with a plastic shopping bag to protect it from getting too wet. The carbon cover definitely will help with that. Kevin, in your case, that blue filter would have definitely clashed with your scheme too. Since I have the S&B, it isn't as big of a clash without a cover, as I already have some red accents in there.
Yeah, the blue filter would make the engine look like a Taco Stand at night! :lol1: The cover helps that for sure.

Hopefully they release a few more sizes.

10" and I'd be set. :rockon:
I don't think you would make even 1 more HP between the 9" filter and 10" I would bet.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Hey Kevin, Looks like a great product. How long is the filter you ordered? I was looking to get a different filter for my car, but not sure it will fit given my turbo application. I might have to swing by if your gonna be free this weekend? EDIT: It looks like I can order various sizes so I might have to do that.

Chris

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Hey Kevin, Looks like a great product. How long is the filter you ordered? I was looking to get a different filter for my car, but not sure it will fit given my turbo application. I might have to swing by if your gonna be free this weekend? EDIT: It looks like I can order various sizes so I might have to do that.

Chris

chris, Kevin will be at my place on Saturday helpin with the MM K install.....feel free to swing by....

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
chris, Kevin will be at my place on Saturday helpin with the MM K install.....feel free to swing by....

Sounds like a Plan..the wife is doing a 5k run tomorrow so I've got nothign going on. I'll probably have to get a refresher again on how to get to your place...I'll give you a call in the morning when I'm heading over there. Maybe we can go get some lunch as well.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
My car is down in Houston, does anyone know the size of the FIPK2 filter so i can cross-reference it with the sizes Amsoil offers so i can get the filter before i make the trip back down to get my heap

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Wow that setup looks very clean. I'm typically not a huge fan of CF, however, that's a very nice and clean look. Now you got me wondering if I should considering pulling my K&N FIPK2 for a nice CF kit.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I was wanting to get one of these filters but the one that is close to the measurements I need is 1" shorter and 1/2" wider on the top.Would that kill my power much?

Users who are viewing this thread