NBA cancels the rest of the seaeon

_Snake_

Established Member
Now, say you are a healthy individual and you have a medical emergency and need to go to the hospital. Where do you think you are going to fit? All the hospitals in the above scenario are going to be overwhelmed dealing with Covid.

We simply don't have the infrastructure to deal with something like this. It's going to strain the entire system and it will affect not just the people contracting Covid.

Please don’t buy into the media hype. My wife is a RN and most of our friends are in the medical profession. They all disagree with this type of speculation.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Please don’t buy into the media hype. My wife is a RN and most of our friends are in the medical profession. They all disagree with this type of speculation.

My wife is an RN as well. Her hospital has been steadily briefing all their staff on all their contingencies for WHEN they get overwhelmed.

Also, people exposed can be contagious up to 37 days:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext#seccestitle10

In this retrospective cohort study of adult inpatients in two hospitals in Wuhan, China, we found increasing odds of in-hospital death associated with older age (odds ratio 1·10, 95% CI 1·03–1·17; p=0·0043), higher Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score (5·65, 2·61–12·23; p<0·0001), and d-dimer levels greater than 1·0 μg/mL (18·42, 2·64–128·55; p=0·0033) on admission. Duration of viral shedding ranged between 8 and 37 days. The median duration of viral shedding was 20·0 days (IQR 17·0–24·0) in survivors, but continued until death in fatal cases.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
B357C0E4-1739-4DAF-A7D7-98C1F236EFE9.jpeg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Is that why the VA, across the entire health system, has put out a memo that all ventilators that are due for any routine maintenance within the next 90 days are to be done immediately?

Maybe where your wife works is not taking this seriously. But I can assure you, everywhere else is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The governor of CT just had a news conference. Schools are being closed. The 180 day minimum requirement in a school year is being waived. Movie theaters are closing. No assemblies of 250 or more. Social detachment is being recommended. A medical professional speaking with the governor stated that they expect 10-20% of the state of CT to be infected. A Fall wave of the virus is highly possible, and if it does occur, he said 60-70% of the state will have contracted the corona virus.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
The people that I really worry about are the gamblers and criminals, without 24-7 sports what will they do, what will organized crime do when the BILLIONS of dollars they are raking in daily dries up. They have lots of people to bribe and pay off. The poor gamblers will just have to spend that money catching up on overdue bills and taking care of their children.
This is a real problem people!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Is that why the VA, across the entire health system, has put out a memo that all ventilators that are due for any routine maintenance within the next 90 days are to be done immediately?

Maybe where your wife works is not taking this seriously. But I can assure you, everywhere else is.

My wife works for the largest hospice in the country. Yesterday the bosses met with the White House along with other healthcare providers and then called an all hands on meeting. Her group and those like her team nationally are designated as second line of defense and will be taking care of patients in home and trained medical staff will step in as medical staff fall ill. They are receiving portable respirators. Bosses would not tell them the numbers mentioned, just told them it is grim. She told me everyone sat there in stunned silence. Institutions, schools and businesses have received the same info behind closed doors.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Disneyland closed.....

So annoyed. My fiance and I were planning to go tomorrow.

Rain + Coronavirus = Zero lines

jrandy

Established Member

Not buying into the media hype. If I was, I'd be one of the morons that's hoarding TP.

However, I also like to use my brain and understand the potential risks. Apparently you and your wife are in the denial group.

1996slowbra

Established Member
Disneyland closed.....

So annoyed. My fiance and I were planning to go tomorrow.

Rain + Coronavirus = Zero lines

Just go to Hawaii instead. I just booked a round trip to Waikiki in May for $198. United is waiving all rebooking fees too so if this shit is still circulating then I can just rebook to a later date.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Just go to Hawaii instead. I just booked a round trip to Waikiki in May for $198. United is waiving all rebooking fees too so if this shit is still circulating then I can just rebook to a later date.

Disneyland is a 20-minute drive for us lol

I am not going to travel right now. The last thing I want to do is get stuck somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread