NBA cancels the rest of the seaeon

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Toilet paper is in very short supply but literally on the next shelf are tons of Bounty and Brawn paper towels?

Adapt and overcome. I've used everything from tissue paper in a dressing room, leaves, newspaper and even a burger king bag. Make it work!

Adapt, overcome and improvise!!! That's awesome! Reminded me of Gunny Sergeant Highway...…

My wife was asking me about this. When I told her that we could use her place mats, doilies and the kids Easter clothes from when they were 5 (they are 20 now) she did not like that idea LMAO!!!!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Adapt, overcome and improvise!!! That's awesome! Reminded me of Gunny Sergeant Highway...…

My wife was asking me about this. When I told her that we could use her place mats, doilies and the kids Easter clothes from when they were 5 (they are 20 now) she did not like that idea LMAO!!!!

Just use your socks, then throw in the washing machine. You can even turn them inside-out to reuse.
Crisis averted.
Lol

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Just use your socks, then throw in the washing machine. You can even turn them inside-out to reuse.
Crisis averted.
Lol

LMAO!!! True. Where there's a will there's a way :D. Don't know if my wife would let me use her washing machine to wash S#!T filled socks, but it's that or her other stuff. People might not like their choices, but they have them LMAO!!!!

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
For those that are still of half a mind to downplay this "media hyped" pandemic, these are confirmable numbers from italy:

20th February: 3 cases, 0 deaths
22nd February: 62 cases, 2 deaths
1st March: 1694 cases, 34 deaths
8th March: 5883 cases, 233 deaths
10th March: 9172 cases, 433 deaths
13th March: 17660 cases, 1266 Deaths

That's, so far, a about a 7% death rate.

A lot of that is because their hospitals got overwhelmed and doctors had to choose who gets intubated and/or placed on ventilators.

1996slowbra

Established Member
For those that are still of half a mind to downplay this "media hyped" pandemic, these are confirmable numbers from italy:

20th February: 3 cases, 0 deaths
22nd February: 62 cases, 2 deaths
1st March: 1694 cases, 34 deaths
8th March: 5883 cases, 233 deaths
10th March: 9172 cases, 433 deaths
13th March: 17660 cases, 1266 Deaths

That's, so far, a about a 7% death rate.

A lot of that is because their hospitals got overwhelmed and doctors had to choose who gets intubated and/or placed on ventilators.

Italy also has an old/ageing population, median age is 45 while here in the US it is 38. Death rate increases dramatically with age so you would expect their numbers to be higher based on that alone.

Also Italy is no longer reporting non hospitalized cases so the numbers we are getting are only showing people who needed hospitalization IIRC.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Italy also has an old/ageing population, median age is 45 while here in the US it is 38. Death rate increases dramatically with age so you would expect their numbers to be higher based on that alone.

Also Italy is no longer reporting non hospitalized cases so the numbers we are getting are only showing people who needed hospitalization IIRC.
Italy also has a ****load of smokers. Going up and down that country it was eye opening just how many people smoke. Its a significant number.

Being that your lungs get ****ed sideways by this virus, i would expect a place like italy to have those numbers.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Italy also has a ****load of smokers. Going up and down that country it was eye opening just how many people smoke. Its a significant number.

Being that your lungs get ****ed sideways by this virus, i would expect a place like italy to have those numbers.

Yeah, I read that this virus is particularly harsh to smokers.

I've never smoked, but my in mother-in-law, besides being in the high-risk age group, also smokes like a chimney.

Users who are viewing this thread