Nasty Motorhome vs Semi accident

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Dam, they almost got the semi filming with what I imagine was the red truck they were towing or was that a car hauler the RV hit and flung it back???

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not enough driving training in the world can save you from that.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Holy S#!T. That looked like around my neck of the woods (i.e. I-10, between Tucson and El Paso). I drive that area when going back and forth to Phoenix. Normally nothing ever happens in that area except for road construction.

I tried to see if the video description had the location, but nothing.

I think the RV was towing that red truck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dam, they almost got the semi filming with what I imagine was the red truck they were towing or was that a car hauler the RV hit and flung it back???
I played it back over and over at the point of impact and you can kind of see maybe a vehicle being towed by the RV before impact. Which could be the red truck. You can also see another vehicle in the left lane in the distance, but it was moving with traffic. At the end of the video, that vehicle is nowhere to be seen. I can see in the semi's mirror that when the red truck goes by it continues in a straight line on the right shoulder. What's strange is that it is driving in a straight line and not veering off out of control. This one is a mystery to me because of the red truck going by in such a straight line.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
The red truck was being towed by the MH, I seriously doubt anyone survived that... the MH hit the truck cab dead on and it all just exploded man.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's a reason I always just got in the right lane and kept pace with the tractors when driving our diesel pusher.

It was being flat towed by the RV.

Wow! Motorhome wasn’t slowing down. Im sure the driver was unconscious or something…super sad.

Either that or he just lost a steer tire and had no idea how to control his rig.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I played it back over and over at the point of impact and you can kind of see maybe a vehicle being towed by the RV before impact. Which could be the red truck. You can also see another vehicle in the left lane in the distance, but it was moving with traffic. At the end of the video, that vehicle is nowhere to be seen. I can see in the semi's mirror that when the red truck goes by it continues in a straight line on the right shoulder. What's strange is that it is driving in a straight line and not veering off out of control. This one is a mystery to me because of the red truck going by in such a straight line.

I’ve never flat towed but do you lock the steering wheel when towing like that? Maybe that’s why the pickup was going so straight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve never flat towed but do you lock the steering wheel when towing like that? Maybe that’s why the pickup was going so straight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All I can picture is pushing a toy car with wobbly wheels. If you launch it clean and straight, straight it goes.

When you push it slow, the wheels wobble and it moves around like a knuckle ball.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The 3 strand cable catch systems they put in everywhere in MN saves lives.

Users who are viewing this thread