My Twin Turbo Viper Powered Mustang BUILD.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Something quick about me....
31 yrs old
Been in construction for 12 years
General Contractor since 2007, my own company now.
Career firefighter with the city
Everything I've learned about cars came from one mistake on my 2001 Lightning.. It "forced" me to either build the motor or find a stock used one, that was a pretty obvious decision haha.. Bought a used KB for that new motor. From there it was just a search for more power and the road down the line of blowers didn't really do it for me. I looked into turbos for that, and everything lead to "you must read" Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. After reading that I was hooked... Bought a cheap welder from homedepot and a couple welding books and taught myself how to mig weld. I then hired an older gentleman to tig my first turbo kit for that lightning and he let me use his extra machine while he was working to learn how to tig. He is a local teacher at a vocation school here in the welding department so he gave me a few pointers and that's all she wrote... I vowed never to have to pay anyone to fab anything for my projects unless I need a CNC part or something like that. I now use metal and many custom items in my construction projects which is a major bonus. That was a little long winded sorry.

Awesome man, thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing WTF you plan on doing with the primaries!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
The last time we had someone start a TT Viper V10 into a SN95 chassis mustang build, they never finished it.

Please, please finish this one.

OP, you're my new hero, this build is awesome already. I guess I never realized you could put a Viper V10 in a SN95. I'm officially peanut butter and jealous.

So sick....I remember when NITMARE did his and I subbed that thread too. Awesome!

Awesome man, thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing WTF you plan on doing with the primaries!

I'm glad someone is doing this project. Still in a sn95 but a more updated one haha. Major respect and props to you!!!! Subbed.

1002166yu2.jpg

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome build! Thanks for sharing!

Would love to have seen the Ford V10 used in something cool like this, but yours is an awesome project too!

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
The NITMARE project was a partial inspiration for mine, just knowing that it was somewhat possible was all that it took to pull the trigger on buying the motor.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
So sick .
I'll be going to Home Depot in the morning lol
I have family in Espinola NM , Ima have to stop by when I am out there

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Wow..this is wild lol. Love the fab work on the rear spoiler. Def following this one

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Made a little progress on the passenger (easy side) manifold.

I don't have the attachments necessary to back purge my welds so I use this stuff. You mix it with acetone and brush it on the backside of the weld area and it does pretty good job keeping the oxygen from affecting the weld.. (Stainless is so finicky!) it's not as good as back purging but much better than nothing...

A6564B6C-AFC4-44CE-BB34-F374A725B17B_6.jpg

Started off with the most difficult one first, and then got a second one done. After that I tacked the collector onto those two finished primaries so I could pull the manifold off and build the rest on my bench..then to get the next primary to fit without interfering with others I had to make a small notch, not ideal but I'm not after all out performance and this is a wicked tigh space I'm dealing with..

image.jpg

0BA5D82D-2EB1-421F-BEC6-434BAB219271.jpg

F368F034-9B8A-45D8-8405-05AAF8DF1E66.jpg

As you can see the second primary I built was real close to the frame and so was the last one, I ended up having to cut small flat spots in each of those to give enough clearance for engine movement.. Again not ideal but not bad either..

I ran out of stainless filler rod so I had to stop for the evening.. I mocked it up one last time to get the collector in the right spot before welding it on all the way and it does fit!! Haha

image_3.gif
[/URL]-BB48-9AD34CE1E014_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

image_3.jpg

D2C605D4-740B-4FA5-B1A9-C093877D327E_5.jpg
[/URL]

Will post more mañana..

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This is ridiculous.

Old v6 Mustang sitting around, screw it, Viper swap.

It's like watching a low budget movie where a guy just starts throwing random electronics together and all of the sudden he's built a nuclear bomb.

I have trouble taking shit apart and putting it back together properly, forget all the fab work.

Good luck, , going to be unique.

Users who are viewing this thread