My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Removing the e brake cable and that bracket are a PITA.

I found a few different methods, each of which is more of a pain in the ass than it should be. The Brembo's are very well engineered. The anchoring system for the e-brake...not so much.

Thread de rail-
Always glad when I get a notification that there is activity in this thread.
You've had the lift for a few months, meet your needs and expectations?
Thanks

You have no idea. For wheel/brake/suspension/oil/exhaust work it gets the gold medal. I've slashed time and effort from most anything I do on the car now. Color me very happy with it.

Good work on the stud setup. Keep me in mind when you get the next shipment. The brake swap is easy except for the brake cable

Phosphate coated 4340 studs came this afternoon. I may be out of ARP hardened washers so give me some time and I'll get back to you (or try me back if you don't hear from me).

Here's the 4340 next to the 17-4 PH

z0822161516_HDR_resized.jpg

Keep up the good work Tob!

Back at you. I'm ecstatic about the jacking rails I got from you. Every time I lift the car it goes up on the rails and no contact is made with the pinch weld. I'll have to get a shot of it up on stands sooner or later and send it your way. If I purchase another S550 car it would be the first mod just as it was on this car. Thanks again Kelly.

cluscher

Established Member
Got my Tob patented stainless caliper bolts installed tonight. The fitment is perfect, and the quality is second to none. This is a super mod for anyone who will be changing pads with any frequency. Changing front pads will be a breeze. Thank you Professor Tob!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dude you do realize that 2005-2014 Mustangs have rear disc brakes right? With floating calipers right? I mean... what am I missing here?

I am not really sure where this derailed but when you said this:

That's interesting... so instead of using the brake caliper they're using a separate system.

I tried to clarify for you with this:

The four pot fixed Brembo caliper allows for no means of an e-brake system like other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other Mustangs.

Then you replied with this:

Well not on the 2005-2009 Mustangs. The ebrake uses the piston in the single-piston caliper to apply the e-brake.

Edit... actually I think this also applies to 2010-2014 cars if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure about the 2015-Up.

So maybe not "almost all other Mustangs"

We have to break this down in sections. I have highlighted in red for you my statement where I said: like other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other Mustangs. Just for clarification for you, this would be Mustangs from 1994-2017.

In closing you stated:

So maybe not "almost all other Mustangs"

So, then I thought you were confused or mislead and maybe you were thinking about who knows what, Gen I or Gen II Mustangs? I don't know, I'm not sure.

So then I tried to clarify for you with this:

All other Mustangs with rear disc brakes! :rollseyes

In closing I'd like to say, I've been working on Mustangs for 5 decades. When I was a Ford Tech I worked on every year Mustang from 1964-1/2 to 1974. I then left the dealership in 1974 and did few other things before I started my business. I've been a hobbyist mechanic and amateur racer ever since. I've owned more Mustangs and Cougars than I can count and currently have six Mustangs between the years of 1966-2015.

b4409

Established Member
I love this thread. Thanks to Tob and the high quality writeups here I have a list of $5,000 worth of parts I must have for a $75,000 mustang I haven't even taken delivery of yet! If I sneak a subframe order in here and a catch can there I'll be ready when the car ships and won't have to beg for too much more forgiveness from the boss. It's all about preparation. Thanks dude!

Oh - and you're also contributing to the delinquency FTBR Bruce :beer::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I love this thread. Thanks to Tob and the high quality writeups here I have a list of $5,000 worth of parts I must have for a $75,000 mustang I haven't even taken delivery of yet! If I sneak a subframe order in here and a catch can there I'll be ready when the car ships and won't have to beg for too much more forgiveness from the boss. It's all about preparation. Thanks dude!

Oh - and you're also contributing to the delinquency FTBR Bruce :beer::beer:

I know how Mustangs come from the factory and I know how they should drive. I didn't plan on a business developing out of it, it just happened that way. :-D

Imatk

Established Member
I am not really sure where this derailed but when you said this:

This was the part that I had confused:

The four pot fixed Brembo caliper allows for no means of an e-brake system like other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other Mustangs.

How I read that was:

The four pot fixed Brembo caliper allows for no means of an e-brake system (just) like other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other mustangs.

But now I see it was:

The four pot fixed Brembo caliper allows for no means of an e-brake system (unlike) other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other mustangs.

So it was basically grammar where I was confused.

I thought I was losing my mind there for a moment.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
When you think you are losing your mind you probably are. I speak from experience. Much like packet loss, I have no idea where it goes.

:)

Imatk

Established Member
When you think you are losing your mind you probably are. I speak from experience. Much like packet loss, I have no idea where it goes.

:)

Actually I think I lost it a long long time ago :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
This was the part that I had confused:

How I read that was:

The four pot fixed Brembo caliper allows for no means of an e-brake system (just) like other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other mustangs.

But now I see it was:

The four pot fixed Brembo caliper allows for no means of an e-brake system (unlike) other single piston floating rear calipers found on almost all other mustangs.

So it was basically grammar where I was confused.

I thought I was losing my mind there for a moment.

I can see where that night have been a bit confusing. I should have stated the Brembo does not have the means like the other rear calipers have.

b4409

Established Member
I know how Mustangs come from the factory and I know how they should drive. I didn't plan on a business developing out of it, it just happened that way. :-D

Oh I know. I remember laying on the floor installing your bushings in a 2000 Cobra R with its rubber mounted mess. All in the pursuit of some good laps at RA! Hope the 2017 R is a bit more sorted but I'm sure you will find a way to make it better :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Oh I know. I remember laying on the floor installing your bushings in a 2000 Cobra R with its rubber mounted mess. All in the pursuit of some good laps at RA! Hope the 2017 R is a bit more sorted but I'm sure you will find a way to make it better :)

Well we started with a 2015 GT and much like it's younger SN-95 cousin's IRS, suffered from the same issues. You have a PM. :-D

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So I noticed CV joint grease all over the wheel/suspension at the driver side rear as I was getting ready to swap the last R model caliper on. This has been an issue with a number of GT350's and surprisingly enough, seems to favor the driver side axle. I swapped the R caliper into place and then cleaned everything, including the original wheels and tires. There was no way I was going to drop the car off at the dealer with the R specs on there what with their small lug holes, etc.

zzz0825161540_HDR_resized-Edit.jpg

A real PIA getting the stuff off the barrel of the wheel. By the time I made it up to my local dealer the grease had splattered everywhere all over again. They confirmed my suspicions and ordered the entire driver side axle/CV joint assembly. Looks to be on national backorder for a little bit.:nonono:

Anyway, I snagged a crap-o-matic cell shot to at least show the overload of red.

zzz0826161004a_HDR_resized-Edit.jpg

Heading off to the Track Attack in Utah with George from MGW tomorrow morning. More when I get back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread