My Max effort 2.3 TVS build

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Ok here's a little update. Car ran great for 1st outing, but the tune is off a little. Hitting rev limiter, pulling timing, & short shifting... It still managed a 9.35@148... Car has major body roll with all this torque. It needs a ARB. Last pass managed a 1.33 60' and I took an easy $50 from a turbo fox body coupe in a grudge race!

Car 60'd descent, was soft in the front half, & pulled like a freight train on the back half...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 328
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 343
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 288

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on your new addition.
Nice wheelie too! :rockon:

466roller

Established Member
Congrats on getting the car back to the track. That launch is nasty! Any pics from the front on that one. Looking forward to seeing how fast it goes next time.

Flcracker

Established Member
Bad to the bone Scott! I'm in the process of saving and deciding( like everyone here) which direction to go with my motor. I was wondering about the limits of your shortblock. I know u added billet OPG, beefed up your rotating assembly and raised the compression. What did your engine builder say about limits of your shortblock? Also, was curious about how close your 2.3 is to moving the same volume of air as the 2.9 given all the porting? Are you thinking about going to a bigger blower? Thanks

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'd say a non sleeved block will handle all the power a 2.3 or 2.9 will make. I have no reason to go to a bigger blower. Car has a lot of untapped potential. With cams & a little more boost, it could go 8's. It should go 9 teens easy as it sits. I also haven't done much weight reduction. Still has stock brakes, bumpers, seats, cheap Racestars w/ radials on the front, back seats with all the seat belts, etc.

Or I could hit the "Easy Button" and spray it into the 8's!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Can't wait to see what this is going to do once dialed in.

Here's the best 60' of the night 1.33... Unfortunately it hit the rev limiter in 1st & killed the timing curve for the rest of the run :/

It's hitting 4th gear at only 6800 to 7000.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    861.2 KB · Views: 485

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
Congrats on both the new member to the family and your PB. What does your suspension setup consist of? The car is leaving hard.

Users who are viewing this thread