My Max effort 2.3 TVS build

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
I was surprised how small the ports are on a stock Roush/VMP lower intake, even on stock heads! Sambandit (Scott M) has ported heads and said he was disapointed with them, until he resently had 1320 Junkie performance port his intake & blower... On the dyno the ported lower dropped boost 1.2 psi, but made big gains on the same pulley.

I think stock motor guys could benifit from the ported lower too. Dropping boost on a smaller pulley, while making more power!

I am looking forward to see what kind of results I get form porting the lower intake. I think I will get more benefits from the intake, than the blower , so that's why I am just doing the intake for now. Maybe in the winter will do the blower too. My car is 90% a street car, but it's fun to go to the track a few times a year, I am only legal to 10.0 but once in a while on a private test day, or a street night see what I can do

It is a shame that no one can ever see the pretty heads RGR did for me

Your going to like the BMR upper, do you have a roll bar or a cage???

Attachments

• head2.JPG
    head2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 326
  • head.JPG
    head.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 389

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Wow, those heads do look Nice!

I'm primarily a street car too... I don't own a truck or trailer, I drive it to the track.
I don't have any roll bar or cage, but I probably should have... I run grudge nights & No ET nights, they let you run faster if the times aren't posted up for everyone to see.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Swap over to Hptuners, or if you already use it, update it, the hard limiter was moved up to 8200 on the automatics. Rev it up higher if you think it will keep making power.

My tuner uses SCT, so I'm limited for now... My biggest concern will be trap rpm for now. With 3.55 gears @ 150mph I will be around 7600rpm thru the traps... Id rather have more rpm capability, rather then drop down in gear. Plus I'd like cams in the future & 7800 rpm shift points would be nice.

Last edited:

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Wow, those heads do look Nice!

I'm primarily a street car too... I don't own a truck or trailer, I drive it to the track.
I don't have any roll bar or cage, but I probably should have... I run grudge nights & No ET nights, they let you run faster if the times aren't posted up for everyone to see.

I ran a 10.0 on a street night, and they nicely told me next time put a roll bar in, or don't come back

bunits19714

Established Member
So Scott you going to Milan's opening day or Norwalk's opening day on the 16th?- This weather we have been having around here and what we have coming this weekend is so unseasonable. I'm over it

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Sucky weather here. Snow flakes again last night...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 326
  • image.png
    image.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 312

vortecd

Established Member
we got 3-4" of snow last night. We have had more snow in April then November and December combined. I kept saying all winter when we were getting nice weather that would pay for it in the spring

High today around 36 then next weekend we go right into summer since they are saying 68 for next Saturday

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
we got 3-4" of snow last night. We have had more snow in April then November and December combined. I kept saying all winter when we were getting nice weather that would pay for it in the spring

High today around 36 then next weekend we go right into summer since they are saying 68 for next Saturday

I'm going to have to "one up ya!" We got 5" last night :/

Damn dog took 3 steps out the back door & took a piss... Can't say I blame him. Lol!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 283

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to have to "one up ya!" We got 5" last night :/
Damn dog took 3 steps out the back door & took a piss... Can't say I blame him. Lol!

Man,...that sucks!
Welcome to Springtime huh??! We seem to be getting worse weather now than we did in the wintertime. Crazy stuff.

vortecd

Established Member
Figured you made it to the track this weekend Scott so was looking for an update:shrug:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I was hoping to make it to the track, but my wife decided to have our baby 6 weeks early on Friday :)
Hopefully next weekend I'll have a track update...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 430

badblackhemi

Established Member
Congrats man! Mine will be here in 3 weeks! It'll be our first. He's the reason I'm selling my 2014 TT car and moving to a 2012 TVS. I hope you don't mind the MANY pm's you will be getting from me in the future. lol

Users who are viewing this thread