My completley stock 04 Comp Orange Cobra 6K miles :)

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I'll always have a soft spot for terminators. I've contemplated selling my boss for a KB or TVS

idhitit

Established Member
Congrats again and enjoy it. If you ever choose to sell it, PM me or let Chris know.

:beer:

I will. :beer:

The only mods I think I am going to do are Tint, maybe lower, 18" replicas, K&N FIPK, and a Borla Cat back. I don’t want to ruin this thing... lol

I wont pulley the car I do know that. only cosmetics and Very basic bolt ons. :rockon:

idhitit

Established Member
+1 On this.

Is this the one that was in Washington State?

I would like to keep it very close to original only very tasteful additions. I wish ford wouldn’t have installed lift kits on these cars and would have put a better sounding unneutered exhaust on it so it was more possible to leave it alone.

Yes it was. The person that owned it was very sad :( to let it go.

He preserved it perfectly for me though :-D :beer:

99BlownVert

Established Member
I would probably lower it and put an exhaust on it thats it. I would love to have that car, definitely hard to come by thats for sure!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I will. :beer:

The only mods I think I am going to do are Tint, maybe lower, 18" replicas, K&N FIPK, and a Borla Cat back. I don’t want to ruin this thing... lol

I wont pulley the car I do know that. only cosmetics and Very basic bolt ons. :rockon:

Good choices. While the 18's are nice, the 17 x 10.5's are a great option with 315's.

Believe me when I tell you that stock springs with 3/4 to 1 coil cut off with all ISO's in place is a great look. Just find a set of stock coupe springs so you don't have to cut your own (as I did). The catback is an absolute must, as the car is way too quiet stock. When mine showed up, it had the FRPP M58 catback that had the X after the mufflers and was whisper quiet.

I'll give you a little motivation to get moving.:D

26804300138_large.jpg

26804300135_large.jpg

26804300137_large.jpg

26804300139_large.jpg

26804300137_large.jpg

26804300140_large.jpg

26804300075_large.jpg

onebad68

Established Member
Yea Nice, keep it stock. I want a stock one as well, and I will keep it that way. Everyone has modded the hell out of all the others, it is rare to find a bone stock that way, and in my opinion, make the value go up. You definitely have a rare one there.

idhitit

Established Member
Justin that is exactly how I want this one to look. That to me is perfect. These cars should have had that stance from the factory. What cat back did you go with?

I can get the borla for just a little more than a magnaflow so I figured F it borla it is.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yea Nice, keep it stock. I want a stock one as well, and I will keep it that way. Everyone has modded the hell out of all the others, it is rare to find a bone stock that way, and in my opinion, make the value go up. You definitely have a rare one there.

Nothing that he is going to do would take away from its value. I could change out the springs in less than 90min and the catback/intake are easily removable as well.

Before. Nice but completely different.

26804300007_large.jpg

26804300005_large.jpg

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
1271348_10153211780870237_211899303_o.jpg

WOW, Impressive but how can you have a car so beautiful without mods ?

Just do 2 basic things please !!! #1 lowering #2 8" black short antenna

She sure is mint, Your a better man than me I would atleast do a CAI, o/r X and Magnaflow Catback.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Justin that is exactly how I want this one to look. That to me is perfect. These cars should have had that stance from the factory. What cat back did you go with?

I can get the borla for just a little more than a magnaflow so I figured F it borla it is.

It is pretty difficult to acheive this look with spring kits, without removing one or both of the ISO's. While most are against cutting stock spings, they are one of the best ways to accomplish this while retaining the ISO's and relatively stock ride.

The catback was the Steeda kit, which is the same as the quiet borla. IMO, it is too quiet while retaining the stock mid pipe so I added the MRT catted H. BTW, polishing is a must!!

FWIW, I was completely content with the minimal mods that I had done to my CO. I was originally skeptical about installing the 2.93 pulley, but after the plethora of data on this site figured it was relatively harmless as long as it had a good tune. Dan (dyno dan) tuned mine and was basically flawless. At multiple dyno days/events over the years, the tuners hosting the events would always say "well that is spot on, and just about perfect".

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Jealous........Do want. Still kind of regret selling mine.

These cars are beautiful stock, no need to do much...

IMG_0326.jpg

idhitit

Established Member
It is pretty difficult to acheive this look with spring kits, without removing one or both of the ISO's. While most are against cutting stock spings, they are one of the best ways to accomplish this while retaining the ISO's and relatively stock ride.

The catback was the Steeda kit, which is the same as the quiet borla. IMO, it is too quiet while retaining the stock mid pipe so I added the MRT catted H. BTW, polishing is a must!!

FWIW, I was completely content with the minimal mods that I had done to my CO. I was originally skeptical about installing the 2.93 pulley, but after the plethora of data on this site figured it was relatively harmless as long as it had a good tune. Dan (dyno dan) tuned mine and was basically flawless. At multiple dyno days/events over the years, the tuners hosting the events would always say "well that is spot on, and just about perfect".

I found a set of stock springs they are on their way. Tint is going on it this weekend. I found the Black Cobra inserts I bought in 2009 in my office today. lol

Dan and Carl are the only people to touch any of my Shelbys or Cobras. They are the best in Vegas period.

I just missed a set of 18s for a great price :/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread