My Comp Orange Gt build 2v 4.6 to 5.0 Coyote Swap

TClark22

Established Member
I am going to need to have a talk with you!! I want to do this swap in my GT if i don't sell it! But i also want it boosted.

TClark22

Established Member
soooo do both

oh I'll be doing both, Right now i plan on starting the swap next fall/winter when its time to put it away again. Run it n/a until i can afford a boost setup

lol these 5.0s n/a have just as much if not more power than my blown 2v!

tj4891

Established Member
oh I'll be doing both, Right now i plan on starting the swap next fall/winter when its time to put it away again. Run it n/a until i can afford a boost setup

lol these 5.0s n/a have just as much if not more power than my blown 2v!

i actually have been faster with a na 5.0 then i did with a built 2v with a blower, plus 20+mpg and i couldnt be more happier with the swap, the way everything has turn out and is performing

[youtube_browser]iVIOCp-mQ00[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]IpZXL6GCDF4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
did you buy everything brand new? for 6200 i sure hope the longblock was brand new.

I need to stop visiting this thread cause i can hardly wait for next fall/winter to come so i can start this swap!

tj4891

Established Member
did you buy everything brand new? for 6200 i sure hope the longblock was brand new.

I need to stop visiting this thread cause i can hardly wait for next fall/winter to come so i can start this swap!

Yes everything was brand new from ford

TClark22

Established Member
thats why it cost you 12k+

My buddy is the one who talked me into this swap thought i was crazy when i told him i saw this thread and the total was around 12+

but i won't be having a shop do it, which is where a chunk of that 12k is correct? I may pay my buddy to do some of the work, but i couldn't stand having my car built without my hands getting dirty.

tj4891

Established Member
thats why it cost you 12k+

My buddy is the one who talked me into this swap thought i was crazy when i told him i saw this thread and the total was around 12+

but i won't be having a shop do it, which is where a chunk of that 12k is correct? I may pay my buddy to do some of the work, but i couldn't stand having my car built without my hands getting dirty.

Motor. 6000
Harness and PCM 1500
Long tubes and h pipe 800
Return fuel system 800
Jlt intake 300
I also had to buy ......
Kmember 699 upr
New clutch 400
Power streering bracket 350
Aftermarket oil pan 350 didn't need

So that's a quick run down of what I had to buy and I know i missed things but they are all the biggest things u need ....... so about 12k in parts that had to buy

TClark22

Established Member
better start saving my pennies then! selling my blower, motor and possibly tranny would only get me what 5k since it aint built

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
i actually have been faster with a na 5.0 then i did with a built 2v with a blower, plus 20+mpg and i couldnt be more happier with the swap, the way everything has turn out and is performing

That was a hell of a launch.

tj4891

Established Member
better start saving my pennies then! selling my blower, motor and possibly tranny would only get me what 5k since it aint built

I sold mmr long block and kb for 6k so that help, and when everything said and done i had to rebuild my 3650 to handle the rpms and rebuilt the rear with 456s to help with get 5.0 up and going

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member

[youtube_browser]IpZXL6GCDF4[/youtube_browser]

who was driving that adam or ronnie? i know that wasnt you behind the wheel!:beer:lol

Users who are viewing this thread