My Comp Orange Gt build 2v 4.6 to 5.0 Coyote Swap

JAA55

Established Member
Why the need for the K member swap if you dont mind me asking? Doesnt the 5.0 have the same motor mount location as the 4.6?

TClark22

Established Member
Why the need for the K member swap if you dont mind me asking? Doesnt the 5.0 have the same motor mount location as the 4.6?

might as well go tubular to save some weight

I sold mmr long block and kb for 6k so that help, and when everything said and done i had to rebuild my 3650 to handle the rpms and rebuilt the rear with 456s to help with get 5.0 up and going

holy shit 4.56? I'm putting 4.10s in mine this or next weekend which will most likely be the gear i have when i do this swap.

Do you even have a 1st gear with those 4.56 gears with the 3650?

tj4891

Established Member
might as well go tubular to save some weight

holy shit 4.56? I'm putting 4.10s in mine this or next weekend which will most likely be the gear i have when i do this swap.

Do you even have a 1st gear with those 4.56 gears with the 3650?

Yea it not bad at all, you got to remember it likes the high rpms and so 5grand shift is noThing for it and i think 410s won't be enough. i had 373 and crossed the line in third and was really sluggish, 456s actually feels the same as a 2v with a blower and373s. it took me 2weeks to figure out a gear I thought456s were to much to but it prefect

It is the same mounts but oil pan and long tubes won't fit

Last edited:

tj4891

Established Member
True and you forgot the red one. But I hear it doesnt stand a chance against the '13 Blue Blur! Lol

I wasn't sure if you did anything to that red one yet and it still has a motor. i know the other 2 don't have motors so I knew I was good lol. i will just let that 13' blue blur comment go lol

TClark22

Established Member
Yea it not bad at all, you got to remember it likes the high rpms and so 5grand shift is noThing for it and i think 410s won't be enough. i had 373 and crossed the line in third and was really sluggish, 456s actually feels the same as a 2v with a blower and373s. it took me 2weeks to figure out a gear I thought456s were to much to but it prefect

It is the same mounts but oil pan and long tubes won't fit

damn, luckily gears are relatively cheap so i can change them if need be!

tj4891

Established Member
new pb

new pb!!!

[youtube_browser]Yfw6_jhOZdw[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]ZTEoaD8JDQo[/youtube_browser]

Prototype007

Established Member
Congrats on your new pb!

Glad I took the time to give this thread a look. Awesome build with killer results! Good job on making it all come together.

TClark22

Established Member
inspiring!! mines going to be a street car build but good to know it will be faster than my procharged 2v!!

tj4891

Established Member
inspiring!! mines going to be a street car build but good to know it will be faster than my procharged 2v!!

mine still a street car i drive it to track, and get 20+mpg i just drive around on welds , im really kind pissed off cause i have to put a cage in the car i really dont want to but i like running at the track

TClark22

Established Member
mine still a street car i drive it to track, and get 20+mpg i just drive around on welds , im really kind pissed off cause i have to put a cage in the car i really dont want to but i like running at the track

Yea thats the problem with going fast!! you need a cage for 10s?? or the 11.0s your runnig now?

Does it need a full cage?

Users who are viewing this thread