My Comp Orange Gt build 2v 4.6 to 5.0 Coyote Swap

tj4891

Established Member
I have been a lil busy trying to get things rolling with the build. I want to update you guys on it. Over winter i decided that i want alil more power out of the 2v. It was already a built mmr900 long block with a kb 2.1 on it at pushing 14lbs at 470 hp. I was at the point were i either need to do heads and cams with a fuel system or upgrade the to the 2.8 kb. I have been amazed at the power the new 5.0 were making. So my thoughts were pick something up the i could put 5.0 in.So i was online looking around i find a 89 foxbody and had some work done to it. I picked that up for 2k. My idea was to do coyote swap in that and sell my gt. But after awhile i was driving the 89 around for a couple weeks, i missed power steering and brakes. What crossed my mind was why am i driving a 89 with no power steering and very lil stopping power and less power, when i had a 04 with leather seats and heat. So i was right back in the same boat so i seen a bullitt that did a 5.0 swap in it. I started looking around for parts and contacted Adam Browne down at revolution automotive. So we sat down and started talking and got a list of parts together and from there is was a done deal. i pulled the mmr long block and kb and sold it to make room for a new 5.0. At the same time i wanted to do some body work and alil shaving and repainting. So far the car has been down revolution for about a week and they have made a lot progress on it. the 5.0 is in the car bolted up and ready to get wired in. i got some pics hope you guys enjoy it and ill keep you updated on everything. I'm hoping to it have down ocean city for cruzin weekend. :banana::banana::banana::beer:

Update on page 3,4,5 ,.......now page 6 with pictures
Updated with Videos on page 7[/B]
The New 5.0 just delivered ...

All the good stuff bolted to it...

Its new home....

New badges ....

Shaved trunk lid...

Black roof...

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Black roof :rockon: we share similar taste. awesome build man more pics??

Bokeo

Established Member
Sick build. My favorite part is the black 5.0 emblems. It will be funny when some unsuspecting victim pulls up next to you thinking your a poser until you lay the smack down.

Users who are viewing this thread