My BBQ Tick Story - with a Happy Ending!

1FastFord

Established Member
Yes it took a while, good thing I have something as I am now pushing a month. Hopefully today is the day. How are you making out so far?

1FastFord

Established Member
Heard from ford and the engineer said there is nothing wrong, he heard the noise and an engine replacement is not necessary. It's a characteristic of the engine. Enjoy the car and don't worry about it.

Established Member
Heard from ford and the engineer said there is nothing wrong, he heard the noise and an engine replacement is not necessary. It's a characteristic of the engine. Enjoy the car and don't worry about it.

'Characteristic of the engine' is verbatim the phrase the dealership used when they tried to blow me off after doing no work to ascertain the problem.

That sounds like a cop out. Means those whose cars had scarring on the cylinder walls got the noise incidentally? (Also did they at least use a borescope? Pretty easy thing to rule out and definitely seemed to find damage for mine). It means everyone got the noise incidentally. Well if it's nothing wrong with the engine it means you can sell it with no complaint from your moral compass. Mine is due for its first oil change around now. I have 1500 miles on it. I'm sorry it turned out this way. I ask myself why these cases turn out differently for different people with seemingly the same circumstances, and it seems to me the first thing that comes to mind is Ford has different people in charge regionally for their warranty and customer service operations. It might be worth a shot to go to the contact us section on Ford's corporate site and find the section about maintenance problems. Shoot them an email that way with video documention. It cannot hurt. You can also ask the engineer, if this is characteristic of the engine, why has no other car any of us has ever heard made this noise characteristically? More specifically, WHAT IS IT?

1FastFord

Established Member
I am going to sell it or trade in. I am done with this bs and it's sad because I have always been a mustang guy but this turned me off. I knew they were looking for a way out and saying it is normal is it. Oh well, on to something different and hopefully better.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
its terrible they tickled your balls for a month then come back with that bullshit. I have gone thru this song and dance with another vehicle and did basically the same thing (severe oil consumption) traded the car in right away when I got it back (reman motor)

1FastFord

Established Member
Yeah the way they handled it is just awful which is another huge turn off for me

Established Member
I have an appointment to get the oil changed tomorrow. I'd rather do it myself but I'm not going to give them a chance to blame this on me. If it happens I too will be getting rid of it. And I will not waste my time on a GT350, no matter how strong the pull. I will get a corvette instead.

Famine

Established Member
I am going to sell it or trade in. I am done with this bs and it's sad because I have always been a mustang guy but this turned me off. I knew they were looking for a way out and saying it is normal is it. Oh well, on to something different and hopefully better.

Where's that ford representative ****er that's in other threads from Deerborn, MI claiming to be here to help the people on this forum be happy with Ford? This bullshit needs to be remedied. I wish stuff like this would result in a class action lawsuit (idc for the legal rhetoric mumbojumbo from some cynic lawyer out there, there should be a legal leg to stand on). It's the same thing with Subaru and their shitty ringlands.

1FastFord

Established Member
Yeah it is sad, the only way to stop it unfortunately it is to not buy the cars. Honestly, wish it didn't come to this but don't have a choice now. The dealer says not our fault, engineer says not their fault so I guess it is ours

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Yeah it is sad, the only way to stop it unfortunately it is to not buy the cars. Honestly, wish it didn't come to this but don't have a choice now. The dealer says not our fault, engineer says not their fault so I guess it is ours

Damn dude this is scaring the shit out of me since I picked my car up two weeks ago..... its got me paranoid about anything about my car...and I bought all the stupid extended warranties and maintenance shit since I normally don't get that stuff. Makes me wonder if its useless.

Established Member
Brought it back to the dealership. Service tech acknowledged makes the noise. It was right before closing so there was no noise pollution to dilute the sample. He wants to perform the stretchy belt TSB. I believe it unlikely to help, but I appreciate the dealership's receptivity to helping me out here. This is why it was a good idea to change the oil first time at a dealer. I got to the dealership with 59,998 miles as well so I won't have to cover the tsb work.

Last edited:

1FastFord

Established Member
Amazing, wish we could drive together to the idiot engineer and say here, go enjoy the car because it's normal.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think this tick must be a fairly wide spread "Characteristic of the Engine" on other mod motors as well...briefly had an 09 GT500 that did the same thing when hot, at the time I dismissed it as the car ran just fine. I can't precisely recall how frequently it happened, but it only popped up when the car was good and warmed up.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
mine does it, honestly doesnt concern me one bit, burns no oil and made over 400 to the wheels :shrugs:

Users who are viewing this thread