My 08 GT500 vs Callaway Supercharged Camaro

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I don't think we need to argue about whose cars are fastest stock, comparing the speed of a 2 sweater to a 4 sweater, and diesels truck drivers are redneck here...we all have modified rides that we bought because we like. Why can't we all just appreciate that we are all car guys with a similar passion? All of your rides sound pretty nice to me considering most people drive Toyota corollas and Prius' lol.

OOOHHH fatalis you'll learn very quickly that there will be derails of dumb comments, and some productive arguments, but mostly dumb comments haha. Although there are a few trolls/uninformed guys here, there are definitely a lot of guys who know their cars. Nice kill and be safe out there.:beer:

Kiohtee

Established Member
While I do troll, and I even did so in this thread, I still stand by what I said (well some of what I said).

It's awesome that you (blackvette101) beat tune only and bolt-on 5.0s, but from what I've seen firsthand at the track, tune only 5.0s generally run a mid 12 @ 112-114mph or more. That's enough to best a stock GT500 (again, I'm talking the '07-09 models). Bolt-on and tuned 5.0s have made it well into the 11s with respectable speeds (with street tires no less).

So do you care to factually inform me of where I'm wrong? Like I said, past a CAI and exhaust, it would totally depend on the GT500's pulley combo.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
While I do troll, and I even did so in this thread, I still stand by what I said (well some of what I said).

It's awesome that you (blackvette101) beat tune only and bolt-on 5.0s, but from what I've seen firsthand at the track, tune only 5.0s generally run a mid 12 @ 112-114mph or more. That's enough to best a stock GT500 (again, I'm talking the '07-09 models). Bolt-on and tuned 5.0s have made it well into the 11s with respectable speeds (with street tires no less).

So do you care to factually inform me of where I'm wrong? Like I said, past a CAI and exhaust, it would totally depend on the GT500's pulley combo.

Wasn't referring to you but you are correct on the stats of a 5.0, BUT there is a 5.0 that hit low 12's on a tune only with a street tire but let me check before i make any rash statements lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDQgjkIC4o

Edit-found it. Tune only 5.0 does 11.8 @114mph on street tire and GT500 mufflers(adds nothing as we all know). I know its a hero run but still.......

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Wasn't referring to you but you are correct on the stats of a 5.0, BUT there is a 5.0 that hit low 12's on a tune only with a street tire but let me check before i make any rash statements lol

If I'm not mistaken there's a few tune only 5.0s to run low 12s @ a correlating speed, but that's not the norm compared to how many tune only GTs there are/were at some point.

And obviously it helps to have a M6 car with 3.73 gears, but the A6 cars with 3.15s are getting it done just as well!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken there's a few tune only 5.0s to run low 12s @ a correlating speed, but that's not the norm compared to how many tune only GTs there are/were at some point.

And obviously it helps to have a M6 car with 3.73 gears, but the A6 cars with 3.15s are getting it done just as well!

Yea thats why I typed "I know it's a hero run but still......" lol

The auto's seem to be the most popular. Slap on a paxton and boom mid 10sec capable GT.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Yea thats why I typed "I know it's a hero run but still......" lol

The auto's seem to be the most popular. Slap on a paxton and boom mid 10sec capable GT.

I want a OW '14 GT A6 with a supercharger so bad it isn't even funny. I'd have to have a set of 3.73s installed from the factory too though.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I want a OW '14 GT A6 with a supercharger so bad it isn't even funny. I'd have to have a set of 3.73s installed from the factory too though.

Why not an 11-12? You like the look of the 13+ GT better because of the vents in the hood or what? I'd take an 11+ period haha

Kiohtee

Established Member
Why not an 11-12? You like the look of the 13+ GT better because of the vents in the hood or what? I'd take an 11+ period haha

I do like the looks of the '13+ model more so than the '11-12 model, but I'm like you and would take any '11+. I've actually found a few '11-12 models that I'm interested in and can afford, I just don't know if I'm willing to have two pretty high car payments. :(

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I do like the looks of the '13+ model more so than the '11-12 model, but I'm like you and would take any '11+. I've actually found a few '11-12 models that I'm interested in and can afford, I just don't know if I'm willing to have two pretty high car payments. :(

I'm surprised the 2011 GT's arent in the low 20's high teens yet. Or at least they aren't in Cali.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Yeah you too have no idea what your talking about my GT500 with an $800 intake, pulley, tune package easily hung with or beat my Z06 when it was stock. And the Z06 is not slow stock at all.

you realize GT500's don't hook up right? You see a stock GT500 on the highway your gonna get raped. Unless you spent 10 grand on bolt ons and a giant turbo.

You realize that fast is relative correct? If I've never owned a car with less than 580 rwhp x 3100 LBS I would probably think a stock gt500 is slow. (I had my c5z for 3 months stock before it was sitting at 600rw for 4 years, then moved up to the c6z)

I realize GT500s come with 285s and you would think that Ford would have fixed that issue by now but..

If I see a stock GT500 on the highway and they want to race I'll happily race, but it won't be pretty.

You see my signature where it says "c6z stock? Nope." That means it probably isn't stock.

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
You realize that fast is relative correct? If I've never owned a car with less than 580 rwhp x 3100 LBS I would probably think a stock gt500 is slow. (I had my c5z for 3 months stock before it was sitting at 600rw for 4 years, then moved up to the c6z)

I realize GT500s come with 285s and you would think that Ford would have fixed that issue by now but..

If I see a stock GT500 on the highway and they want to race I'll happily race, but it won't be pretty.

You see my signature where it says "c6z stock? Nope." That means it probably isn't stock.

Whats your point lol is that supposed impress me. I've built and owned more single digit race cars that I can remember. Fast is fast. It's not as relative as you think. Especially at only 600 rwhp. But thats not the point you said your DURAMAX truck NOT your Z06 would pull the guys GT500. (thats why that passage was qouted)

blackvette101

Established Member

I'll try to go slow.

Exactly, not much difference other than the engine/drivetrain like I said. :lol: And FACT: Some bone stock, most tune only '11-14 GTs would outrun a bone stock '07 GT500. Full bolt-ons, a tune and tire '11-14 GT would give a good run to a bolt-on GT500. The deciding factor will be the GT500's pulley combo.

Please show me where a bolt on 5.0 beats a bolt on GT500. Where did you say a cai/exhaust only GT500. You said bolt ons. A pulley is a $150 bolt on part it is included with bolt ons. It doesn't matter what combo a GT500 runs all it needs is an upper pulley. A pulley combo would be upper/lower. I do not know what a bolt on GT500 without the pulley would run because I have never heard of one. Thats would means someone spent thousands of dollars on headers, exhaust, intake, throttle body, tune, heat exchanger, and heat exchanger tank but decided not to spend 150 bucks on a pulley. A GT500 with the above BOLT ONS along with a BOLT ON upper and lower would put down close to 580-600 rwhp so please show me where a bolt on 5.0 beats a bolt on GT500. And after that please show me (according to your examples where the GT500 is limited to stock boost and an intake while the 5.0 can have every bolt on and tires) how that makes the 5.0 the faster car when it needs every part made for it under the sun and thousands of dollars of work to hang with a GT500 with a $400 dollar intake and an exhaust that doesn't increase power. Any GT500 needs $800 worth of parts to never see the tail lights of 99% of all the NA 5.0s but it's the worse car. right. My focus is the faster car if the 5.0 is only allowed to race from a dig in 5th gear. You can get a low mile GT500's for the same price as new 5.0's so go stock for stock or bolt on for bolt on. Go on the GT500 forum and see if their is anybody that did ''bolt ons'' and kept the stock pulley.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Not sure if you knew but pulley doesn't add as much hp as you think, adds more tq but its not the game changer, the tune is. Generally, the Cobra and 5.0 are both similiar stock for stock and bolt on for bolt on, the pulley gives the Cobra the advantage. Kind of the same case for the GT500, its a faster car stock than both. Generally it needs about 50whp or so to cover the Cobra, should be the same case for the 5.0.

That 11 sec run you posted about the "tune" only 5.0 was on tires as well, wouldn't call that stock anymore and more of a hero run on top of that. Full bolt on, tune 5.0's from what i've seen are high 11 sec cars, very low 12's on avg (without Boss intake of course). They trap a hair under 120 also on avg.

One last thing, GT500's stock trapped about 114 or so, so its not enough to cover it but give it a run.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Please show me where a bolt on 5.0 beats a bolt on GT500. Where did you say a cai/exhaust only GT500. You said bolt ons. A pulley is a $150 bolt on part it is included with bolt ons. It doesn't matter what combo a GT500 runs all it needs is an upper pulley. A pulley combo would be upper/lower. I do not know what a bolt on GT500 without the pulley would run because I have never heard of one. Thats would means someone spent thousands of dollars on headers, exhaust, intake, throttle body, tune, heat exchanger, and heat exchanger tank but decided not to spend 150 bucks on a pulley. A GT500 with the above BOLT ONS along with a BOLT ON upper and lower would put down close to 580-600 rwhp so please show me where a bolt on 5.0 beats a bolt on GT500. And after that please show me (according to your examples where the GT500 is limited to stock boost and an intake while the 5.0 can have every bolt on and tires) how that makes the 5.0 the faster car when it needs every part made for it under the sun and thousands of dollars of work to hang with a GT500 with a $400 dollar intake and an exhaust that doesn't increase power. Any GT500 needs $800 worth of parts to never see the tail lights of 99% of all the NA 5.0s but it's the worse car. right. My focus is the faster car if the 5.0 is only allowed to race from a dig in 5th gear. You can get a low mile GT500's for the same price as new 5.0's so go stock for stock or bolt on for bolt on. Go on the GT500 forum and see if their is anybody that did ''bolt ons'' and kept the stock pulley.

I've tried debating with people like you before. If you can't comprehend what I'm saying and see that it's true now, you never will and that's your loss. I mean, you seem to be the only one disagreeing with me, so that probably doesn't work in your favor.

But just to be nice I'll break it down to you again:

Stock/tune only 5.0 > Stock GT500
Bolt-on 5.0 > bolt-on GT500 (you're just assuming the GT500 has full bolt-ons and a pulley, that's not always the case)

The fastest bone stock 5.0 on here: 12.22 @ 115.8mph
The fastest bone stock '07-09 GT500 on here: 12.351 @ 116.2

Yes, a full bolt-on and pullied GT500 would beat a full bolt-on 5.0. And it should with .4L more displacement and a damn supercharger to boot. :nonono: But I've seen cat-back only and CAI and cat-back only GT500s. They're not all automatically full bolt-ons with a pulley, the same as not all modded 5.0s are full bolt-ons. :bored:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not sure if you knew but pulley doesn't add as much hp as you think, adds more tq but its not the game changer, the tune is. Generally, the Cobra and 5.0 are both similiar stock for stock and bolt on for bolt on, the pulley gives the Cobra the advantage. Kind of the same case for the GT500, its a faster car stock than both. Generally it needs about 50whp or so to cover the Cobra, should be the same case for the 5.0.

That 11 sec run you posted about the "tune" only 5.0 was on tires as well, wouldn't call that stock anymore and more of a hero run on top of that. Full bolt on, tune 5.0's from what i've seen are high 11 sec cars, very low 12's on avg (without Boss intake of course). They trap a hair under 120 also on avg.

One last thing, GT500's stock trapped about 114 or so, so its not enough to cover it but give it a run.

Maybe you quoted the wrong person? I didn't post a video and you sound like you're agreeing with me. So thanks?

And that 5.0 was on street tires, whatever that means. It certainly wasn't on slicks on Racestars. :lol:

Edit: It seems Pure Stock, the user who currently holds the fastest stock time I posted, confirmed the car was tune only and on the stock Pirellis.

Last edited:

Devil_Z

Established Member
Whats your point lol is that supposed impress me. I've built and owned more single digit race cars that I can remember. Fast is fast. It's not as relative as you think. Especially at only 600 rwhp. But thats not the point you said your DURAMAX truck NOT your Z06 would pull the guys GT500. (thats why that passage was qouted)

Well, in that case... obviously with a 7000+ lb truck I would want to stick with dig racing. Something that big will obviously go slower at highway speeds due to CD.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The fastest bone stock 5.0 on here: 12.22 @ 115.8mph
The fastest bone stock '07-09 GT500 on here: 12.351 @ 116.2

Yes, a full bolt-on and pullied GT500 would beat a full bolt-on 5.0. And it should with .4L more displacement and a damn supercharger to boot. :nonono: But I've seen cat-back only and CAI and cat-back only GT500s. They're not all automatically full bolt-ons with a pulley, the same as not all modded 5.0s are full bolt-ons. :bored:
Not saying the 5.0 is a bad car at all, its an awesome car especially for being N/A :rockon: Problem with that as well is track, D/A, etc. In my track, good luck getting a 5.0 into the high 12's, those are rare. Mid 12's stock? Forget about it….

The only true way to compare is both car's side by side or same track. From my experience, stock GT500's were posting similar runs as simple bolt on's, tune 5.0's.
Just like Cobra's, seeing GT500's with the stock pullley and tune is becoming very rare. Remember, 5.0's are still new so warranty is still active as compared to the SVT car's. 5.0's are not limited quantity either, given all these factor's, you will definitely see more stock 5.0's than stock SVT car's.

Far as being a bigger engine and S/C, 5.0 is new technology. Even the 2013 GT500 falls in the same category.
Maybe you quoted the wrong person? I didn't post a video and you sound like you're agreeing with me. So thanks?

And that 5.0 was on street tires, whatever that means. It certainly wasn't on slicks on Racestars. :lol:

Edit: It seems Pure Stock, the user who currently holds the fastest stock time I posted, confirmed the car was tune only and on the stock Pirellis.
Yup quoted the wrong person, early morning :lol1: Awesome run but like I said, its a hero run and far from the norm.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

I posted that video and I said that it was a hero run just so no one would mistake me for a person that thinks ALL coyotes can do that. He was on street tires, if not then prove me wrong :beer:, also the crazy thing his 11 sec. run only trapped 114mph. I know most trap higher but hey shit happens.

Users who are viewing this thread