My 08 GT500 vs Callaway Supercharged Camaro

Kiohtee

Established Member
p.s. GT mustang drop its value faster than your old lady dropping her panties. hahahahah

A 2007 GT500 coupe with one mile is only worth $32,750 according to NADA (that's Clean Retail too), which is what most banks use. And that's after a $4,875 premium for that one mile. How's that for depreciation? :lol:

The only GT500s bringing that kind of dough are the ones with big power where the seller's are losing their ass. I'd rather have a new GT personally, but especially an '03-04 Cobra.

^ do u realized DEvil Z is also an old grandpa with an 9sec. c6z?

Even if that's the case, he can make a coherent post (multiple actually) as well as speak factually. You on the other hand, you've fallen off your damn rocker!

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
There's no point "talking" to this old grandpa. Im guessing his nursing home forgot to give him pills or put him to sleep so he's a bit cranky. Im guessing he feels "young" because he owns an 07 Shelby :shrug:

Seeing the numbers, looks like the early Shelby dropped its value a bit more than the Terminators did :shrug:

ZING!

:pop:

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
A 2007 GT500 coupe with one mile is only worth $32,750 according to NADA (that's Clean Retail too), which is what most banks use. And that's after a $4,875 premium for that one mile. How's that for depreciation? :lol:

The only GT500s bringing that kind of dough are the ones with big power where the seller's are losing their ass. I'd rather have a new GT personally, but especially an '03-04 Cobra.

Even if that's the case, he can make a coherent post (multiple actually) as well as speak factually. You on the other hand, you've fallen off your damn rocker!

Your 14' Gt will worth 10 grand in 2018. You wont find any shelby for 10 grand in 2018. Bet all your money on that buddy :D

Kiohtee

Established Member
Your 14' Gt will worth 10 grand in 2018. You wont find any shelby for 10 grand in 2018. Bet all your money on that buddy :D

I don't have a '14 GT though... Hell, I don't even have a Mustang right now! :lol: But facts are facts and the fact is that in 2018 the early GT500s will still be slow crap that could easily get waxed by '11-14 GTs.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
all v6, Gt, and cobra up to year 2001 , 05-10 Gt are all junk as far as performance and value. 11-14 Gt are pretty fast but not valuable either ! Maybe 93' cobra with mint condition are nice and valuable. You need to do some home work zhisel .

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
I don't have a '14 GT though... Hell, I don't even have a Mustang right now! :lol: But facts are facts and the fact is that in 2018 the early GT500s will still be slow crap that could easily get waxed by '11-14 GTs.

Damn . I have been talking with someone without a car? :D I am out now !!!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Of course I have a car (three actually)! I said I don't have a Mustang. :nonono: You're just mad that your supercharged Shelby only runs high 12s stock. What does it actually run as-is?

Klay

Established Member
Let me use your logic for a second... You idoit redneck cause own diesel.

Anyway, it's a fact. 07 GT500s ran high 12s and low 13s from the factory. I think that is pretty slow considering every car I've ever owned is 8s-10s capable.

I know my car isn't the "badass car in the world", but you saying blah blah "someones 01 mustang is shit and my car is crap" while you drive that slow ass gt500..

At least I'm accurate (or fairly) when I state something, instead of making up bullshit and looking stupid in the process.

Just for the sake of accuracy, the 2007 gt500 did run in the mid 12's or at least some did. I believe Evan smith got a 12.2 out of it if remember correctly. Its only fair to use that hero run for the gt500 since you are using the absolute best times for the z06 ( with drag radials).

Devil_Z

Established Member
Just for the sake of accuracy, the 2007 gt500 did run in the mid 12's or at least some did. I believe Evan smith got a 12.2 out of it if remember correctly. Its only fair to use that hero run for the gt500 since you are using the absolute best times for the z06 ( with drag radials).

Fair enough.

fatalis

Established Member
Well besides that little argument, thanks for the congrats guys! I appreciate all cars I prefer fords just because it runs in the family but I love camaros, vettes, and vipers as well :)

fatalis

Established Member
I don't think we need to argue about whose cars are fastest stock, comparing the speed of a 2 sweater to a 4 sweater, and diesels truck drivers are redneck here...we all have modified rides that we bought because we like. Why can't we all just appreciate that we are all car guys with a similar passion? All of your rides sound pretty nice to me considering most people drive Toyota corollas and Prius' lol.

Devil_Z

Established Member
I don't think we need to argue about whose cars are fastest stock, comparing the speed of a 2 sweater to a 4 sweater, and diesels truck drivers are redneck here...we all have modified rides that we bought because we like. Why can't we all just appreciate that we are all car guys with a similar passion? All of your rides sound pretty nice to me considering most people drive Toyota corollas and Prius' lol.

I don't have an issue with most people to be honest, but in another thread in road kill his first post, which was irrelevant to the topic at hand was "all ls1,2,3 are crap built and slow and all vette suck." Something along those lines, so I felt the need to step in. :beer:

fatalis

Established Member
Lol I think we can all agree that ls engines are pretty beast in the grand scheme of things. A bolt on LS camaro can run low 12s for next to nothing. I'd say that's pretty legit lol. Throw it in the light body of a vette and that's a whole new monster. I can appreciate chevys. This thread wasn't to say any car was better than another, I was just posting my kill lol. I'm sure there are plenty of camaros that can who my ass haha.

blackvette101

Established Member
There is so much fail in this thread I honestly can't believe it. Alot of brand nuthuggers in here.

bolt on gt500 are fast. One dude disagree with me saying gt500 is horse shit slow in another thread. He's probably on drug or something. A kill on supercharged camaro are nice. Them camaro and vette engine suck. Cheap built.

You really have no idea what your talking about.

I dont think u can kill an 02 viper OP. I drove an 06 gts once , its pretty fast.

An 02 viper literally has one of the worst VE ratios of any engine ever. Like at the same level as a new edge GT. An 06 SRT (not GTS) is pretty fast but would lose to an op. I'm in the market for one.

I could have bought an 06 Z06 for 35k$ but decide on gt500 for the same price you FOOL. Vette are piece of shit . No supercharger and have to spend a fortune to make it faster. Only rich asshole like you that dont know how to fix car up buying a vette and be done with. What a fool. Stay away from me old man.

Why do you keep saying fool? And what the hell are you talking about spending a fortune. My Z06 is trapping 130 with bolt ons and will do 140 with heads and cam. My GT500 costs more money to make faster it's harder to hook up and I need to deal with the cooling system.

Bolt on 07 gt500s are slow too. :poke: What's that make it.. low 12s? maybe high 11s?

I don't embarrass z06 owners. Why is it that your fellow mustang owners are bashing you on a mustang forum?

Bring my truck to Iraq? What's a matter don't want to race my car because you know it will be a waste of my gas?

What's the redneck comment based off of? Because I own a diesel truck?

I'm on some chevy forums by the way, but I find entertainment in arguing with idiots much like yourself.

Yeah you too have no idea what your talking about my GT500 with an $800 intake, pulley, tune package easily hung with or beat my Z06 when it was stock. And the Z06 is not slow stock at all.

cousin bought a yellow 06 zo6 with 20k miles for 35k$ fool. Want to buy another one? I'll show u where to get it.

Yeah it was rebuilt title, rolled back miles or wrecked. Never seen one for less then 40 with those little miles.

Exactly, not much difference other than the engine/drivetrain like I said. :lol: And FACT: Some bone stock, most tune only '11-14 GTs would outrun a bone stock '07 GT500. Full bolt-ons, a tune and tire '11-14 GT would give a good run to a bolt-on GT500. The deciding factor will be the GT500's pulley combo.

Yeah I beat tune only 5.0's when my GT500 was stock. And a 5.0 with bolt ons would literally get prison raped by a bolt on GT500. Bolt ons vs Bolt ons the GT500 makes 120+ more rwhp and weights 300 extra pounds. Doesn't take a genius to do that math. You stand no chance without a power adder against a full bolt on GT500. It doesn't even need a pulley combo just upper pulley swap. If your talking true full bolt ons with an upper/lower combo then you are truly stupid. A GT500 with full bolt ons will trap near 130 mph. I've only heard of JPC's race car trapping higher all motor. It weighs 2600 pounds without driver.

all v6, Gt, and cobra up to year 2001 , 05-10 Gt are all junk as far as performance and value. 11-14 Gt are pretty fast but not valuable either ! Maybe 93' cobra with mint condition are nice and valuable. You need to do some home work zhisel .

Probably one of the only smart things you've said.

Jesus you're an idiot. Your car runs 13's there bud, that's on par with my duramax... a 7000 LB truck. Don't think he can kill an 02 viper? So you say z06s suck because they stomp you, but you dick ride a 11 year old viper? :bored:

Oh by the way... the 06 was an SRT-10, not a GTS.

you realize GT500's don't hook up right? You see a stock GT500 on the highway your gonna get raped. Unless you spent 10 grand on bolt ons and a giant turbo.

blackvette101

Established Member
1. Bolt on GT500's are nice cars. And, IMO, they are fast. So that much, I agree with.

2. LSx engines are freaking workhorses and can go 200k+ miles without having anything but basic maintenance...you can, quite literally, beat the snot out of them and they keep going. That's why many hot rod makers still use the LS1 crate motors. They make good power and CAN sound good doing it...though they can also sound like complete ass too.

3. Camaro build quality sucks. Yes, they are cheaply built.

4. Corvette build quality suckED.....up until the C6 came out in 2005. Though it was really 2006 when quality picked up and they finally solved the dreaded "Service Column Lock" message that screwed many a C5 owner and first year C6 owners into having their cars towed to the dealership. I know, I had a 2002 C5. That car looked fantastic and was one of the most fun cars I have ever driven, and I've driven a freaking boatload. Though I like the C6 better but haven't owned one. Of course, the most fun I've ever had in a car is my 2003 Cobra...but my car is special for a few different reasons which I won't get into.

Point being, blanket statements are what really suck. Not every LSx engine is a tank, but the vast majority are. Not every Camaro is built like shit, but the vast majority are. Hell, not every Cobra or GT500 owner is happy with the build quality of their cars, but the vast majority are.

You're way defensive about your car, and I'm not bashing you for that....I'm just simply saying have an open mind.

I would disagree, however, with anyone who says a GT500 is slow...bolt-on or stock. Fast is relative, but IMO, all V8 sports cars (muscle cars for the picky ones among us) are fast...except the Challenger. :-D LOL. Just kidding..had to say it.

We should all be happy to have so much competition in the market. 10 years from now we may all be trying to decide which electric car we want to drive. :nonono::nonono:

smartest comment in here

Users who are viewing this thread