My 08 GT500 vs Callaway Supercharged Camaro

Devil_Z

Established Member
I said bolt on gt500 are fast you fool. Bone stock gt500 run upper 12s. not 13s. Go back to your room and smoke some more crack idiot. You embarass z06 owners every where . Take your damn duramax truck here and race with me , stupid ass. red neck. By the way , go to chevy forum too. This is Mustang forum fool. :nono:

Bolt on 07 gt500s are slow too. :poke: What's that make it.. low 12s? maybe high 11s?

I don't embarrass z06 owners. Why is it that your fellow mustang owners are bashing you on a mustang forum?

Bring my truck to Iraq? What's a matter don't want to race my car because you know it will be a waste of my gas?

What's the redneck comment based off of? Because I own a diesel truck?

I'm on some chevy forums by the way, but I find entertainment in arguing with idiots much like yourself.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
Search around and you will find 11.0 flat or maybe upper 10s with fully bolt on 07 gt500 with drag radial. Somebody will chime in and teach you a lesson. Stop making a fool out of yourself buddy. Go to the drag strip and see how fast ur Z is and come back here tell us before keep bashing on gt500. With your driver mod , iam saying upper 12s max for your z06. If you cant go to drag strip then go on youtube and check it out.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good kill O.P! Looks like your revving problems got fixed. 2.5 cars is quite a lot especially if it was from a quarter mile.

Sick03Vert

Banned
bolt on gt500 are fast. One dude disagree with me saying gt500 is horse shit slow in another thread. He's probably on drug or something. A kill on supercharged camaro are nice. Them camaro and vette engine suck. Cheap built.

1. Bolt on GT500's are nice cars. And, IMO, they are fast. So that much, I agree with.

2. LSx engines are freaking workhorses and can go 200k+ miles without having anything but basic maintenance...you can, quite literally, beat the snot out of them and they keep going. That's why many hot rod makers still use the LS1 crate motors. They make good power and CAN sound good doing it...though they can also sound like complete ass too.

3. Camaro build quality sucks. Yes, they are cheaply built.

4. Corvette build quality suckED.....up until the C6 came out in 2005. Though it was really 2006 when quality picked up and they finally solved the dreaded "Service Column Lock" message that screwed many a C5 owner and first year C6 owners into having their cars towed to the dealership. I know, I had a 2002 C5. That car looked fantastic and was one of the most fun cars I have ever driven, and I've driven a freaking boatload. Though I like the C6 better but haven't owned one. Of course, the most fun I've ever had in a car is my 2003 Cobra...but my car is special for a few different reasons which I won't get into.

Point being, blanket statements are what really suck. Not every LSx engine is a tank, but the vast majority are. Not every Camaro is built like shit, but the vast majority are. Hell, not every Cobra or GT500 owner is happy with the build quality of their cars, but the vast majority are.

You're way defensive about your car, and I'm not bashing you for that....I'm just simply saying have an open mind.

I would disagree, however, with anyone who says a GT500 is slow...bolt-on or stock. Fast is relative, but IMO, all V8 sports cars (muscle cars for the picky ones among us) are fast...except the Challenger. :-D LOL. Just kidding..had to say it.

We should all be happy to have so much competition in the market. 10 years from now we may all be trying to decide which electric car we want to drive. :nonono::nonono:

Kiohtee

Established Member
How do you guys not realize he's either flat out ignorant and doesn't care to learn facts or that he's just a troll? I mean really. Just leave him alone! He drives a Mustang for Christ's sake! They're not built any sturdier than a damn Camaro and the only thing separating his '07 GT500 from a '07 GT Premium is the engine/drivetrain and a few badges and stripes (or maybe not). Otherwise, most of his exterior body panels are the same crap Ford used for the '07 GT (that goes for the interior as well).

I'd rather buy a very basic bolt-on '11-14 GT (base model or otherwise) and walk over stock/lightly modded (older) GT500s for a fraction of the price. :lol:

Devil_Z

Established Member
I could have bought an 06 Z06 for 35k$ but decide on gt500 for the same price you FOOL. Vette are piece of shit . No supercharger and have to spend a fortune to make it faster. Only rich asshole like you that dont know how to fix car up buying a vette and be done with. What a fool. Stay away from me old man.
Sorry, my car came faster from the factory than your car does with bolt-ons. 35k for a z06? with what... 70k miles? I don't need a supercharger on my car, it puts down 600 rwhp naturally aspirated. You're right though, I'm really old. 25 years old and I'm already over the hill.

Search around and you will find 11.0 flat or maybe upper 10s with fully bolt on 07 gt500 with drag radial. Somebody will chime in and teach you a lesson. Stop making a fool out of yourself buddy. Go to the drag strip and see how fast ur Z is and come back here tell us before keep bashing on gt500. With your driver mod , iam saying upper 12s max for your z06. If you cant go to drag strip then go on youtube and check it out.

You need to learn about the car your saying is crap before you post. 11's flat or high 10s with bolt-ons, that's cute. My car could do that bone stock with tires. Why don't you look at the bolt-on only times for z06s... high 9s, low 10s.

Look up youtube videos of people with the same setup as me? I have, they run 8.8 @ 160.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
I have a reason saying chevy are suck because i owned plenty of them. From camaros to vette. All of them have problem either oil leak , trans problems, broken headlights and side mirrors on c5 vette . Auto trans are worse in both camaro and vette. Most of them slipped. I can go on and point out problems. Not counting cheap plastics dash . I also drove mine cousin z06 and i dont think its fast at all. I dont bs or anything just posting what i think. That dude in Georgia saying gt500 runs 13s and slow like shit is not right. He think his z06 is the badass car in the world. blah blah blah . Keep living in your own world buddy ! And by the way , mine f250 can powerstroke your duramax all day long buddy.

Kiohtee

Established Member
And out of all the makes I've owned (Chevrolet, Ford and Honda), I kid you not that Chevrolet has treated me the best. And whether it's my DD or a weekend toy, they're all treated with the same respect and care.

My '98 Z28 was hands down the best car I've ever owned. I honestly don't know why I keep coming back to Ford but I do. I guess Mustangs just look and sound too good to me.

Devil_Z

Established Member
I have a reason saying chevy are suck because i owned plenty of them. From camaros to vette. All of them have problem either oil leak , trans problems, broken headlights and side mirrors on c5 vette . Auto trans are worse in both camaro and vette. Most of them slipped. I can go on and point out problems. Not counting cheap plastics dash . I also drove mine cousin z06 and i dont think its fast at all. I dont bs or anything just posting what i think. That dude in Georgia saying gt500 runs 13s and slow like shit is not right. He think his z06 is the badass car in the world. blah blah blah . Keep living in your own world buddy ! And by the way , mine f250 can powerstroke your duramax all day long buddy.

Let me use your logic for a second... You idoit redneck cause own diesel.

Anyway, it's a fact. 07 GT500s ran high 12s and low 13s from the factory. I think that is pretty slow considering every car I've ever owned is 8s-10s capable.

I know my car isn't the "badass car in the world", but you saying blah blah "someones 01 mustang is shit and my car is crap" while you drive that slow ass gt500..

At least I'm accurate (or fairly) when I state something, instead of making up bullshit and looking stupid in the process.

Devil_Z

Established Member
cousin bought a yellow 06 zo6 with 20k miles for 35k$ fool. Want to buy another one? I'll show u where to get it.

I could, but I'll pass. I just sold my other z06 because there's no point in owning two.
Good for your cousin though, if there is nothing wrong with the car he got a pretty good deal.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
How do you guys not realize he's either flat out ignorant and doesn't care to learn facts or that he's just a troll? I mean really. Just leave him alone! He drives a Mustang for Christ's sake! They're not built any sturdier than a damn Camaro and the only thing separating his '07 GT500 from a '07 GT Premium is the engine/drivetrain and a few badges and stripes (or maybe not). Otherwise, most of his exterior body panels are the same crap Ford used for the '07 GT (that goes for the interior as well).

I'd rather buy a very basic bolt-on '11-14 GT (base model or otherwise) and walk over stock/lightly modded (older) GT500s for a fraction of the price. :lol:
yeah not much difference from a GT just a 300hp and 500hp engine, hahaahaha. And yeah go buy a 11gt and try racing me. I here waiting for u.
p.s. I eat mine other cousin 13' gt alive all day long :beer: I

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
yeah not much difference from a GT just a 300hp and 500hp engine, hahaahaha. And yeah go buy a 11gt and try racing me. I here waiting for u.

My cousin has a LSX powered dumpster. It fast. It eats up GT500's all day long.

Kiohtee

Established Member

Exactly, not much difference other than the engine/drivetrain like I said. :lol: And FACT: Some bone stock, most tune only '11-14 GTs would outrun a bone stock '07 GT500. Full bolt-ons, a tune and tire '11-14 GT would give a good run to a bolt-on GT500. The deciding factor will be the GT500's pulley combo.

Kiohtee

Established Member
^^ Good brand new 2014 Gt on sale now at dealership for 28k$. Go buy one buddy. Hang up your 20 years old cobra. :)

At least you're not in denial this time.

And BTW, I don't still have my '97 Cobra, but thanks.

turd burglar

Established Member
Anybody who thinks a c6z isn't an absolute beast is smoking some serious shit. They are a 10 second capable car on tires and one of the main reasons the nhra changed the cage times.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I could, but I'll pass. I just sold my other z06 because there's no point in owning two.
Good for your cousin though, if there is nothing wrong with the car he got a pretty good deal.
There's no point "talking" to this old grandpa. Im guessing his nursing home forgot to give him pills or put him to sleep so he's a bit cranky. Im guessing he feels "young" because he owns an 07 Shelby :shrug:

Seeing the numbers, looks like the early Shelby dropped its value a bit more than the Terminators did :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread