My 08 GT500 vs Callaway Supercharged Camaro

fatalis

Established Member
After being away from this thread for a while I just looked back on it. Some very good info guys thanks. The big debate over 5.0 vs GT500 though...both are crazy fast for a stock vehicle and both are around $30k 5.0 probably a little cheaper(07-09 gt500) I will say this, my car now makes 582rwhp and is still only a bolt on car with a pulley. I have never even come close to losing to any 5.0 I've seen on the road and I'm no stellar driver. A few have gotten me off the line but by 3rd gear they are quickly vanishing. I really don't see a 5.0 competing with a GT500 $ for $ simply due to the supercharger and cheap speed you can get out of them with a pulley or even a TVS blower. A TVS blower can be installed by a shop for about $3,000 and on my current set up would lay down up to 670rwhp. Granted, clutch and driveshaft would need to be replaced at that point.

fatalis

Established Member
I've seen 5.0s make less than a TVS GT500 with a much better blower that cost as much as the entire swap + the driveshaft and clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread