My 04 mac vs LS1 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
bunch of lousy haters here...

Mach1 owners > LS1 owners

or from these posts, that is the drift I get. I have no problem believing a Mach pulled an LS1. I have a lot of problems believing all LS1s will pull any Mach. I haven't raced one, but I have driven a 02 SS, an 04 GTO and a C5. ain't skeeerd.

All LS1s won't pull All Mach 1s...but a lot of LS1s will.

Check the Sig.. and I am far from a great driver.

This is stock to stock of course..once you start modding it's anybodys game.

TNMACH03

Established Member
I have seen a lot of stupid crap posted on this thread. I like Camaro's and Trans-ams and even Gto's but i just hate the people that own there cars thinking they are the best or the fastest and cant be beat. The LS1 is a great engine and so is the DOHC 4.6(Supercharged or Not). Any car can be beat and will get beat eventually even if sometimes they do have the upper hand in a race. Thats why its racing. Its like football, upsets are gonna happen. Once again Good Kill. If you wasnt there to see the race, dont hate on the guy thats posting it cause it may have really happened. END OF STORY!!!!!

lilbuddy1587

Banned
I like being the "mullet" driver. Most people underestimate my car or they think its alright but its not "all that" as its been shown in this thread. I mean its just a "cammed" F-body :rolling: It can't be that fast :sleeping:

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member
bunch of lousy haters here...

Mach1 owners > LS1 owners

or from these posts, that is the drift I get. I have no problem believing a Mach pulled an LS1. I have a lot of problems believing all LS1s will pull any Mach. I haven't raced one, but I have driven a 02 SS, an 04 GTO and a C5. ain't skeeerd.

i meet alot of prick mach owners as well. :lol1:

TRXboy

Established Member

Check the Sig.. and I am far from a great driver.

This is stock to stock of course..once you start modding it's anybodys game.

are you trying to impress people with that for being a stock time? Many Stock Mach's have been on par, or better than that.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Stock for stock its a drivers race, but how do Mach's perform with internal work done? I'm curious to see if they're still a match with LS1's if they had heads and cams...

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
are you trying to impress people with that for being a stock time? Many Stock Mach's have been on par, or better than that.

There are prick Mach owners, as proved here. Why attack the guy???? All he said is that he ran that time, and is not the best driver.

S8ER01Z

Established Member

The best time ever for a stock Mach 1 was 13.0 @ 105mph.....So when you say 'many have' you mean 'a few' right? I see times posted here by mach owners all the time that are far from 'on par, or better' than what I ran.

FWIW did you run better?? (Edit: Nevermind see you've never even owned a stock Mach 1, yours was modded when you bought it...interesting)

My driving ability is far from great, so my times stand as more of a 'this is what the car can do with an ok driver' not with a 'great driver'.

FWIW I also have an 01 car...so it may or may not be stronger than other (previous) years (its been argued).

Last edited:

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member

my in-law couldnt even get his mach in the 13's without dr's.

same car fr-500 cams, fr-500 intake, boss 330 heads, FULL bolt-on's (including ewp)-378rwhp 325rwtq dynojet

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member
The best time ever for a stock Mach 1 was 13.0 @ 105mph.....So when you say 'many have' you mean 'a few' right? I see times posted here by mach owners all the time that are far from 'on par, or better' than what I ran.

FWIW did you run better??

My driving ability is far from great, so my times stand as more of a 'this is what the car can do with an ok driver' not with a 'great driver'.

he means like under 5, all with "pro" drivers. :dw:

TNMACH03

Established Member
oh god, Blake 01 WS6, Go back to LS1 Tech with that Trash. Is he a down syndrome midget that drives the car. People on here are so ignorant.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If it was a poorly driven auto Mach 1 I could see it.. a Manual Mach should have zero issues tagging a 13 (as its been said over and over again).

The99ta

Established Member
why is this an argument everytime its posted? seriously, mach1 vs ls1 will have a different outcome with every race. both are nice cars. people don't have reasons to lie on here. so just accept that cars lose. great kill to the op.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member

FWIW did you run better?? (Edit: Nevermind see you've never even owned a stock Mach 1, yours was modded when you bought it...interesting)

FWIW I also have an 01 car...so it may or may not be stronger than other (previous) years (its been argued).
Stock for stock, my car would have been a drivers race for you, assuming your car was really "stock", and not "LS1 stock", if you get my drift. And that comment about the best time ever for a stock Mach 1 being 13.0 @105 is not true. Maybe the fastest POSTED time, but I've seen stock Mach 1's hit 13.0 @107.

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member
oh god, Blake 01 WS6, Go back to LS1 Tech with that Trash. Is he a down syndrome midget that drives the car. People on here are so ignorant.

just pointing out that every car isnt always driven to its full potential, especially one with a manual tranny. he is about 6'4" 275lbs. i have also seen a m5 mach with cai and weld in flows run 12.9's on street tires. do they all, no. that guy is a great driver.

don't worry though, you are still a ls1 killer :rollseyes

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Stock for stock, my car would have been a drivers race for you, assuming your car was really "stock", and not "LS1 stock", if you get my drift. And that comment about the best time ever for a stock Mach 1 being 13.0 @105 is not true. Maybe the fastest POSTED time, but I've seen stock Mach 1's hit 13.0 @107.

You can send anyone from the Quad City area up to my place or over to E. Moline if you want to check..I have a dirty paper filter and tires sitting on the
wear bars. As for the best time.. Thanks for the correction but it doesn't help that much. That still means the fastest Mach 1s are right around my time (which isn't all that great... trust me I launched from 1K and banged the rev limiter..not to mention my awesomely pathetic shifting).. I've never said they were not drivers races (in fact if you look..I've said that they are NUMEROUS times...).. I said this...

The average trap for a Mach 1 tends to be less than that of an LS1 car... using that information I made my statement.

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member
if you guys really want a good comparison what times did evan smith run in a stock mach. he ran a 12.8 in a m6 ss, and i think a 12.7 in a m6 z28

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Pretty sure it was 12.89 @ 108 on a 2.1 60ft in the stock Z28 (great air) and 12.96 @ 107.43mph on a 2.1 60ft in a stock SS (normal air..or 'the heat' as they put it)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread