My 04 mac vs LS1 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I hear alot of this on this SVT forum about how Mach's & N/a Cobras cannot beat LS1's. But I can attest with you middlebrooks for I too have beaten a exhaust equipped LS1 with my 97 Cobra with just ignition, bumped timing, & a shifter. Irrevelant mods yet I pulled a car & some change on him. He told the story not me!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Well partner, i know what i did and 4 people seen it including the guys brother. I also said the next race was right at to car lenghts. im sure my gearing helped me. His T/A is an 02 and is not an auto. He said himself that he's had some cam work...

Cam work? You should have stopped with it before I need knee high boots...

Shits deep in here today!

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
Well partner, i know what i did and 4 people seen it including the guys brother. I also said the next race was right at to car lenghts. im sure my gearing helped me. His T/A is an 02 and is not an auto.
I'm not doubting the race because there are ton of variable's that could lead to that outcome, so nice kill.

middlebrooksmac said:
He said himself that he's had some cam work...
:lol: Make no mistake about it, a cammed LS1 would walk you hard.

TNMACH03

Established Member
Good Kill!
I have raced a 99 SS a couple times when i had o/r h pipe and he had a CAI and it was extremely close with him winning 2 races and me winning 2 but never by more than 1 car. Really depended on who got the jump.
Here's the story that he posted if you want to check it out:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742859&page=1

Of course he has more done to his car now and would walk me but dont doubt this story b/c Mach's and LS1's in the ss and transam is a very VERY VERY Close race in stock trim.

tpduke112

Rich Man's Cavalier
Established Member
I posted that same kill story over here, Ryan.
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402025

I'm not doubting the race because there are ton of variable's that could lead to that outcome, so nice kill.
This is what I think people fail to realize. People always take the 'ideal' numbers and a perfect race with perfect drivers. This is not practical. Lost of things can happen when actually racing to create a margin of victory.

Good kill.

Last edited:

Natec

Established Member
LOL!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aint no way in hell a cammed ls1 just lost to your barely modded mac.
A cammed ls1 can pull even pulley 03 cobras depending on the cam..

that guy is either full of sh!t or you are..
Maybe he couldnt drive either.

But you have obviously not raced a Cammed ls1 or otherwise you wouldnt have typed that :lol::lol::lol::lol::bash::kaboom:

middlebrooksmac

Established Member
LOL!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aint no way in hell a cammed ls1 just lost to your barely modded mac.
A cammed ls1 can pull even pulley 03 cobras depending on the cam..

that guy is either full of sh!t or you are..
Maybe he couldnt drive either.

But you have obviously not raced a Cammed ls1 or otherwise you wouldnt have typed that :lol::lol::lol::lol::bash::kaboom:

Guess what dude....it happend...:rolling:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Interesting thread here. At first I was gonna post good kill........until I saw the cam stuff. Something isnt right, he lied, your lying, or his car is a total POS dog. A mild and I mean mild LS1 could beat you, so a cammed one would slap you around like a b!tch. Somethings up.

middlebrooksmac

Established Member
Interesting thread here. At first I was gonna post good kill........until I saw the cam stuff. Something isnt right, he lied, your lying, or his car is a total POS dog. A mild and I mean mild LS1 could beat you, so a cammed one would slap you around like a b!tch. Somethings up.

He is the one that brought up he had cam work not me... Maybe his car is a peace of shit i dont know. I'll i know is i beat him and people saw the race... Im done with this thread...:rockon:

nighthawk355x

Banned
He is the one that brought up he had cam work not me... Maybe his car is a peace of shit i dont know. I'll i know is i beat him and people saw the race... Im done with this thread...:rockon:

Don't worry about it man. I believe you. He probably did have cam.

But without the driver mod, even a sick LS1 is worthless. :loser:

If he did have cam work and you beat him...rub it in his face. LOL

I own a WS6 too but if you can't drive your car you deserve to be beat. :kaboom:

middlebrooksmac

Established Member
Don't worry about it man. I believe you. He probably did have cam.

But without the driver mod, even a sick LS1 is worthless. :loser:

If he did have cam work and you beat him...rub it in his face. LOL

I own a WS6 too but if you can't drive your car you deserve to be beat. :kaboom:

Thanks Man. He may have hit REV every gear but he didn't mention it and if he would have that would'nt have been my problem....

The99ta

Established Member
Stock to mildly modded ls1's are rediculously overrated. With heads,cams, and such they are beastly, but not until then.

yeah I will tell that to the stock cobras I beat........

to the op. with your gears it totally beleivable. a cammed ls1 not so much. but its the streets and anything can happen. I have only lost to one mach and its been discussed here several times so I won't get into it.

Good kill!

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Stock to mildly modded ls1's are rediculously overrated. With heads,cams, and such they are beastly, but not until then.

:dw:
Very strange statement. I admit that some people make them out to be more than they are, but for every over the top LS1 fanboy, there are 10 that do the same to Mustangs. The LS1 makes awesome power and responds INCREDIBLY to mods, not "rediculously overrated" in the slightest sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread