My 04 mac vs LS1 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlebrooksmac

Established Member
Im a finance manager at a nissan dealership and we had a car show last week. A guy in a Trans Am wanted to race me before i get supercharged so he could see where we stood now and then. 2nd gear roll through top of 4th witness's says i beat him by 4 cars but he said i jumped him. Next run i let him kick first and they say i beat him by almost 2 cars. Just thought i would share.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good Kill.

But can we have some details on the T/A because you barely have any mods so was this guy close to stock like you?

BM1

Established Member
It sounds like he wasn't racing or you're running a small shot. Bolt-on / geared Machs don't pull stock LS1s 4+ cars from a roll.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
It sounds like he wasn't racing or you're running a small shot. Bolt-on / geared Machs don't pull stock LS1s 4+ cars from a roll.

So it takes a shot for a Mach1 to put four cars on a LS1 F-body?

How 'bout... no.

I'll agree that four cars is a bit much, because a race between both cars is typically closer, but I've personally put ~two cars on a LS1 F-body with my car. I have an intake, cat-back, 93 tune and a shit load of suspension improvements.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Major :bs: pulling an LS1 Trans Am. Maybe he started in 6th:banana:

Or was an auto:p

Tunedprt91

Established Member
why throw bs without knowing details??? the t/a could of been on bald tires or sucked at launching etc. good kill and very nice mach.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
haha, look at you guys hugging the LS1 tree without even any details. It's probably a stock 98 or something.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
LS1s typically trap 2-4 MPH faster than Machs stock vs stock. Cold air and exhaust doesn't make up 4 MPH plus 4 cars from a roll.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Don't Mach 1's usually trap between 105-107? I've seen plenty of LS1s in that gap. Hell even my 99 traps 105.27 on my 5th consecutive run.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Cold air and exhaust doesn't make up 4 MPH plus 4 cars from a roll.

I'm going to point out the flaws in your argument, you take the widest possible in gap in trap speed to make your point, that is unrealistic. And you talk about the 4 car length gap, which if you actually read what the OP typed you would see that he went first and pulled 4 cars. That jumps makes the race uneven and not valid.

I'm sure you Mach guys would like to pick up on this argument.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Wait aren't you that guy that cant run a good time in his Mach to save his life, even after a list of bolt ons?

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
I know you are new to the site, so let me break it down for you. Even though this is a site based on the SVT vehicles, the LS1 can NEVER lose.

Nice kill, I will not post races in here because it will be BS. The other night I "didn't" put about the same amount of cars on an auto LS1 T/A, because God himself made the LSX engine.

middlebrooksmac

Established Member
LS1s typically trap 2-4 MPH faster than Machs stock vs stock. Cold air and exhaust doesn't make up 4 MPH plus 4 cars from a roll.

Well partner, i know what i did and 4 people seen it including the guys brother. I also said the next race was right at to car lenghts. im sure my gearing helped me. His T/A is an 02 and is not an auto. He said himself that he's had some cam work...

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Nice kill, you should post this over on ls1tech and then listen to the lil girls whine over there.:banana::banana:

Ken

:beer::beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread