My 04 mac vs LS1 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
64k ? 52? Im talking low miles..10-20K tops
I might be wrong on mileage, I'll have to go ask again. But they both went for under 23k. And were lower mileage vehicles. I think the market is just better here. GT500's are going from the dealer for under 45k brand new.

braceyaself

Established Member
I might be wrong on mileage, I'll have to go ask again. But they both went for under 23k. And were lower mileage vehicles. I think the market is just better here. GT500's are going from the dealer for under 45k brand new.

yeah coast of living in ct is gernal is high

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
lol okay...but sorry you list is pretty crude there.

BTW....with the Eaton supercharged mach 1 you won't be putting out quite as much as the KB cobra so you end up with a slower car

BTW -- not to mention you can get an 03-04 cobra for less than 27k now as well.

Yeah, NOW you can but I haven't figured out how to time travel yet. If you got a hook up let me know.

And you're right- I won't be able to beat KB/Whipple Cobras out there. (But lets not "assume" every Cobra out there has swapped out their Eatons either.) However, I should be in the 450-475 RWHP range with that setup and no I didn't list EVERY part either- just enough for you to get the idea. The great thing about this setup is I TOO can get a KB or Whipple. Will that put me over what I would have paid over all for a Cobra + KB/Whipple? Maybe/maybe not. I was actually looking at the TT kits for my Term before I sold it (long story) so that would have been 10 give or take once you do the install and tune. Putting me in the 35 to 40 range.

Bottom line no matter what platform you go with you gotta play to pay. If you put your $ in the right places with the Mach you can make it just as reliable (if not more with a forged stroker) than a Terminator for about the same or less money by the end of the day. I love both platforms and miss my Termi a lot.....but that doesn't make a Mach a bad car or a slow car by any stretch of the imagination.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
..... You are right from the factory the Cobra motor/trans is superior to the machs but for the money you can very easily make the mach the same. More potential? Wth a built motor you would have the same car expect the mach has a 8.8 and doesnt weight in at 3700 pounds hahahaha

Exactly my point!!!! (Some people are in denial it seems.) And you can do the Mach build for less $ over all. Just like you can find Terminators for less than 22k nowadays you can also find Mach's in the teens so it's all relative.

braceyaself

Established Member
you got it my friiend,but i guess we know nothing. We should all build cobras so everyone can have the same car for the same price and not spend money any diffrent they any1 else

KazooGS-T

Established Member
NO, you need to build 5.0 Cobra's, that way you can talk shit and have not a single piece of proof to show for anything. Pay a lot of (supposed) money, so that you can be an E-Thug and talk about everyones car, calling them slow, when your own vehicle runs a high 16 from the factory. That's what you gotta do.

braceyaself

Established Member
NO, you need to build 5.0 Cobra's, that way you can talk shit and have not a single piece of proof to show for anything. Pay a lot of (supposed) money, so that you can be an E-Thug and talk about everyones car, calling them slow, when your own vehicle runs a high 16 from the factory. That's what you gotta do.

damn man im so dumb:rockon::beer::lol::pop:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
High 12s isn't much on the street, huh? Okay.. Sure, I don't know where you race at but having a 12 secong car will out run 80% of cars on the street.

And 5.0? lol.. I've had many and unless its bored/stroked all you can really get out of em is around 300rwhp. They're great cars for the price but I'd be more worried about a Mach 1 then a 5.0.

A high 12 second car won't get it done on the streets here...just depends on where you live I guess. If you roll around here with high 12s you're going to have a short kill list (me)....

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
A high 12 second car won't get it done on the streets here...just depends on where you live I guess. If you roll around here with high 12s you're going to have a short kill list (me)....

Are you sure brother? You must live in a very rich area cause all I really come across is rice. Occasionally I'll get excited when I see a LSX car cause I know they'll give me a run for my money.:beer:

Blown03_GT

Established Member
A high 12sec car won't get you shit on the streets here in DFW. My 03 GT is a low 12, high 11sec car and I end up gettin' drug about every 3rd or 4th race I find. Did beat an 03-04 cobra from a 65 punch the other day though.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Are you sure brother? You must live in a very rich area cause all I really come across is rice. Occasionally I'll get excited when I see a LSX car cause I know they'll give me a run for my money.:beer:

Far from a rich area (it's rediculously poor actually)... but the guys who run them around here don't screw around. I've only seen 1 or 2 foxbodys running slower than a mid 12, and since we have a few guys with Termis, C5s, C6s, Z06s, F360,F430, Mercielago, Gallardo, Diablo, etc... the guys know bringing out some thrown together 12 second car isn't going to cut it.

FWIW I rarely see F-body cars here... I pretty much know every one of them and I can only think of a handfull.

Basically this thread comes down to getting whatever car you want and then doing whatever you want with it. different people like idfferent things, and we willa lways disagree because these are our opinions.

But I will say that the only thing I have left to say in this thread is that if Wild Bill wants to bring his shit up here to run me he is more than welcome to. I will not BS him about what's on my car and he can be ready for what I have and I'm still down to do the runs for $5,000 that he said he would do....any time :)

Other than that I will say you guys can have your mach 1s and I hope you enjoy them. good luck with whatever builds you are doing!

As for the 12-second cars beating most street cars.....if you came around here like that you'd be highly disappointed when a couple EVOs/STIs, F-bodies, terminators, countless 5.0s, vettes, turbo hondas, etc. walk you out pretty bad. I would say to be confident you will win most races on the street you better be closer to running mid-lower 11s.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Basically this thread comes down to getting whatever car you want and then doing whatever you want with it. different people like idfferent things, and we willa lways disagree because these are our opinions.

But I will say that the only thing I have left to say in this thread is that if Wild Bill wants to bring his shit up here to run me he is more than welcome to. I will not BS him about what's on my car and he can be ready for what I have and I'm still down to do the runs for $5,000 that he said he would do....any time :)

Other than that I will say you guys can have your mach 1s and I hope you enjoy them. good luck with whatever builds you are doing!

As for the 12-second cars beating most street cars.....if you came around here like that you'd be highly disappointed when a couple EVOs/STIs, F-bodies, terminators, countless 5.0s, vettes, turbo hondas, etc. walk you out pretty bad. I would say to be confident you will win most races on the street you better be closer to running mid-lower 11s.

Who the f*ck is this??! This isn't the same turbo azzhole that we've been going at with for the last week!

Who the f*ck is this??! This isn't the same turbo azzhole that we've been going at with for the last week!

Most of the time I was ****ing around with you because it was crazy how many of you guys were going ape shit over my comments and then I finally looked back at this thread (or atleast as much of it as I could) and saw exactly where this thread was headed for quite some time now lol......nowhere.

Point is I'll respect your car if you respect mine. I'm man enough to finally admit that nothing was going to get accomplished in this thread except personal attacks on people, so if it makes you guys feel better, mach 1s are nice cars.

You guys can keep jumping on me that I don't have the car I say that I have, but you are more than welcome ot call any mechanic (mainy Spetter who tuned the car since the hp is what most of the people didn't want to believe) who has worked on it and they will tell you anything you'd like to know about it. And my offer still stands to wild bill for a moeny race whenever he gets his shit ready and brings it up here to MIR. Having a pic on the internet really doesn't prove shit anyways, but once I get some and if i post them up i'll be sure to let the non-believers see whatever they need to see. Doesn't really make a difference to me.

Later.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Most of the time I was ****ing around with you because it was crazy how many of you guys were going ape shit over my comments and then I finally looked back at this thread (or atleast as much of it as I could) and saw exactly where this thread was headed for quite some time now lol......nowhere.

Point is I'll respect your car if you respect mine. I'm man enough to finally admit that nothing was going to get accomplished in this thread except personal attacks on people, so if it makes you guys feel better, mach 1s are nice cars.

You guys can keep jumping on me that I don't have the car I say that I have, but you are more than welcome ot call any mechanic (mainy Spetter who tuned the car since the hp is what most of the people didn't want to believe) who has worked on it and they will tell you anything you'd like to know about it. And my offer still stands to wild bill for a moeny race whenever he gets his shit ready and brings it up here to MIR. Having a pic on the internet really doesn't prove shit anyways, but once I get some and if i post them up i'll be sure to let the non-believers see whatever they need to see. Doesn't really make a difference to me.

Later.

You going to Mustang week in Myrtle next July? I'd be more than happy to do a friendly run. I don't run for cash though- just bragging rights. You'll probably kill me unless I have my Whipple by then (I might be within a few lengths then)- but it's all in good fun- RIGHT? :thumbsup:

As far as your "respect" comment goes that's the only reason I jumped on you. You were showing Mach's no respect. Are Mach's and Terms in the same league? Not w/o a lot of mods they aren't- on the other hand there are plenty of Mach's out there that will hand a Terminator it's ASS. But then you had to make the amazingly idiotic comparison between Machs and CAI Honda's. That was WAY over the line- even for an overconfident and at times overbearing Terminator owner.

Glad to see you man up a little and "grudgingly" admit Mach's are decent rides:beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread