My 04 mac vs LS1 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

braceyaself

Established Member
And by the time you upgrade the fuel system, rear, trans/clutch, suspension, get the supercharger and put it on, get it tuned, and everything else to make it reliably handle that power you will make with a built shortblock and a s/c you will be welllllllllll past the price of just buying an 03-04 cobra and putting on a KB with supporting mods and not to mention your car won't look like a regular old GT with a different hood and some black decals on it lol.

really no differece if you factor in the cars themselfs. Both need plenty of mods to run fast times

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
And by the time you upgrade the fuel system, rear, trans/clutch, suspension, get the supercharger and put it on, get it tuned, and everything else to make it reliably handle that power you will make with a built shortblock and a s/c you will be welllllllllll past the price of just buying an 03-04 cobra and putting on a KB with supporting mods and not to mention your car won't look like a regular old GT with a different hood and some black decals on it lol.

22k for the car (2yrs ago)
300 for the teksid block
2100 for the 5.1 stroker
900 for cams
105 for a Ford GT pump
2700 for a complete Eaton setup (3.0 upper, 6lb lower, lfp heat exchanger, C&L plenum/intake, JLT RAI)
220 for 31 spline axles
300 for gauges and twin bezel kit
250 Stg 3 Clutch
50 canned tune-
200 for dynotuning
650 SC install
175 01 Cobra Bumper/ 03 Cobra wing
100 03 Cobra side skirts

All for just over 30k

I paid 27k for my Terminator
Add a NEW KB or Whipple Setup and you're talking 4k with install and a few hun more to tune.

that's 31.5k

So I actually came out ahead with the Mach....

Granted I did get a lot of parts for the build from Craigslist and Ebay. But all of them except for the SC and body parts are new.

Last edited:
22k for the car (2yrs ago)
300 for the teksid block
2100 for the 5.1 stroker
900 for cams
105 for a Ford GT pump
2700 for a complete Eaton setup (3.0 upper, 6lb lower, lfp heat exchanger, C&L plenum/intake, JLT RAI)
220 for 31 spline axles
300 for gauges and twin bezel kit
250 Stg 3 Clutch
50 canned tune-
200 for dynotuning
650 SC install
175 01 Cobra Bumper/ 03 Cobra wing
100 03 Cobra side skirts

All for just over 30k

I paid 27k for my Terminator
Add a NEW KB or Whipple Setup and you're talking 4k with install and a few hun more to tune.

that's 31.5k

So I actually came out ahead with the Mach....

lol okay...but sorry you list is pretty crude there.

BTW....with the Eaton supercharged mach 1 you won't be putting out quite as much as the KB cobra so you end up with a slower car

BTW -- not to mention you can get an 03-04 cobra for less than 27k now as well.

braceyaself

Established Member
lol okay...but sorry you list is pretty crude there.

BTW....with the Eaton supercharged mach 1 you won't be putting out quite as much as the KB cobra so you end up with a slower car

BTW -- not to mention you can get an 03-04 cobra for less than 27k now as well.

Yeah now you can, not 2 years ago. Try finding a nice one for anything less then 25k now. I got the mach for a steal at 18k with 11k on the clock. I have 4 k with fuel blower tune ect. Nice when you can do all your own work hahahaha(prolly woudn't know what that is). Who really gives a shyt at the end of it. It takes money to go fast

Last edited:
well what i can say is,the mach does look 10 times better then the 94 body style:banana:

That's all opinion. But the fact still remains that your car is slow

Stock for stock, a mach 1 does look better...but I've seen more SN95s that are tastefully modded (talking about exterior appearance) that look much better than most mach 1s that I've seen!

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member

I don't agree.. some people can drive and some people can't.. i never gave the Mach's any credit til my buddy took a STI down on the freeway.. it was very lil but it was note worthy.. all my buddy had was a catback and a CNL tube.. thats it!!

Yeah now you can, not 2 years ago. Try finding a nice one for anything less then 25k now. I got the mach for a steal at 18k with 11k on the clock. I have 4 k with fuel blower tune ect. Nice when you can do all your own work hahahaha(prolly woudn't know what that is). Who really gives a shyt at the end of it. It takes money to go fast

Are we arguing two years ago?????? If I'm correct, we are arguing RIGHT NOW....

braceyaself

Established Member
That's all opinion. But the fact still remains that your car is slow

Stock for stock, a mach 1 does look better...but I've seen more SN95s that are tastefully modded (talking about exterior appearance) that look much better than most mach 1s that I've seen!

A 11.0 car is now slow? Shyt to me its not a bad street car. You must be laying down some e.t now man...Wait no slips better call the guy who is building ur car:shrug:

braceyaself

Established Member
Are we arguing two years ago?????? If I'm correct, we are arguing RIGHT NOW....

Right now? No Since Him or I didn't buy are cars now we bought them 2 years ago when corbas were 27-30 k and my mach in ct was 18-23k I stole mine from the retard dealer ship. If i was to get a mach now i could get it cheeper.

Right now? No Since Him or I didn't buy are cars now we bought them 2 years ago when corbas were 27-30 k and my mach in ct was 18-23k I stole mine from the retard dealer ship. If i was to get a mach now i could get it cheeper.

Okay so now we have to go by the prices from 2 years ago so it suits your argument better? lol Arguing with you is like arguing with a retard. Nobody cares that you paid that much for your pice of shit shitbox.

Point is the 03-04 cobra is a much better buy than any mach 1 is, and has much more potential than the mach1.

braceyaself

Established Member
Okay so now we have to go by the prices from 2 years ago so it suits your argument better? lol Arguing with you is like arguing with a retard. Nobody cares that you paid that much for your pice of shit shitbox.

Point is the 03-04 cobra is a much better buy than any mach 1 is, and has much more potential than the mach1.

LOL.you make no ****in sense bro,Arguing with a ignorant sob like yourself is just a waste of my time. Nobody gives a **** what you have to say about machs Period. It the fact you spew out un true, udder bull shyt facts. Your one of them people who pay to have a car built get it with 800 hp and either 1 run a shyt number,2 plow the wall. You are right from the factory the Cobra motor/trans is superior to the machs but for the money you can very easily make the mach the same. More potential? Wth a built motor you would have the same car expect the mach has a 8.8 and doesnt weight in at 3700 pounds hahahaha

KazooGS-T

Established Member

Two just locally sold. One stock'ish with 52k miles and one nicely modded with 64k miles. Both sold for under 23k.

KazooGS-T

Established Member

Wanna hear a steal? I got my Mystic Cobra for under 5k. Now that, is a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread