Mustang Week 2009

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I will be down for the whole week . Didnt make it last year as i was getting the car worked on . Im staying at N.M.B. at Ocean Lakes . This will be my 3rd tour . I sure hope they dont mess with sound issues ill be in Big Trouble . I wont be street racing or goofing off , ive seen 1st hand what happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the crap happens right outside of Hooters/Mall parking lot. There is usually 20-30 people standing there cheering you on to "light-em-up" with video cameras...etc so it's tempting, but I too have seen a few people loose control, and drive across the median and hit someone...so be careful guys.

Just imagine all the fun you're having with your shiny car, and then you're forced to take it home in a box, spend time in jail for reckless driving, or even worse kill someone.
:fm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56TvEl2tZ3U"]YouTube - Dumb Driver[/ame]

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I haven't seen the list of events. What is happening on wednesday night? I am getting to MB on wednesday.

Wednesday night is track night at Mrytle Beach Speedway. Last year they had runs around the track, auto cross inside the track, and a burnout contest at the end.

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Most of the crap happens right outside of Hooters/Mall parking lot. There is usually 20-30 people standing there cheering you on to "light-em-up" with video cameras...etc so it's tempting, but I too have seen a few people loose control, and drive across the median and hit someone...so be careful guys.

Just imagine all the fun you're having with your shiny car, and then you're forced to take it home in a box, spend time in jail for reckless driving, or even worse kill someone.
:fm:

YouTube - Dumb Driver

Day...UM!!!! That has got to suck right there! I think if it was me in that SUV that got hit...I probably would have gotten out and totally lost my mind on someone...if I wasn't hurt, of course.

I plan to be there again and hope NOT to see this type of stupidity!!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
The majority of mustang week acts like civil people. But there are probably fifty or so cars than thing its cool to do some WOT runs on the street. We have two track nights for that. I keep preaching it and ill say it again I've been to places(grand rod run in Pigeon Forge, Tenn for one) that people have acted crazy until someone got hurt and then the cops have ZERO tolerance. I've been pulled over twice there for having mustangs that were "too loud" and both were catted fully legal systems. We don't need that at mustang week. Yeah there is nothing more I would have liked to have done than opened up my 91 while I was down there, hell it needed clearing out from all that idling around, but I didn't. If we respect the police and the city they will respect us.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
that sounds like fun

Wednesday night is one of my favorite events! The fun-runs around the speedway are too much fun! There will be a TON of Mustangs lined up and taking their turn on the track. If you enjoy the rumble of the exhaust note... I get amped just thinking about it!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
If we respect the police and the city they will respect us.

That is exactly how the City and County look at it. Right now, MW "flies under the radar" so to speak. Folks just need to be mindful of the traveling public.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That is exactly how the City and County look at it. Right now, MW "flies under the radar" so to speak. Folks just need to be mindful of the traveling public.

I think you just need to fly Lightning Larry in and have him stand out by the road in front of hooters with his ban stick and throw everyone out that trys to get people to do burnouts. If there was no crowd there people would leave peacefully for the most part.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Wednesday night is one of my favorite events! The fun-runs around the speedway are too much fun! There will be a TON of Mustangs lined up and taking their turn on the track. If you enjoy the rumble of the exhaust note... I get amped just thinking about it!

do you know what the cost for this is? I might have to take part.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
do you know what the cost for this is? I might have to take part.

25 bucks last year for all you could run according to what I could find on the mustangweek.com forum. But with as many cars as were there last year and assuming there will be more this year I only saw cars going twice, maybe three times at the most. The auto cross was pretty open though. A couple of guys probably went a half dozen times on it.

Head4ThaHillz

So What....It's a Six
Established Member
I will be down for the whole week . Didnt make it last year as i was getting the car worked on . Im staying at N.M.B. at Ocean Lakes . This will be my 3rd tour . I sure hope they dont mess with sound issues ill be in Big Trouble . I wont be street racing or goofing off , ive seen 1st hand what happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your staying in Ocean Lakes, down on the South End of M.B. But yeah the sound level is 89 Decibels. Which is...About the same as City traffic when your inside of your car with the windows down. "Meaning you can't have loud exhaust...which totally blows." I Love Mustangs and I own two myself. But I can't stand it when people try to show there *ss infront of the hangout and end up smashing into someone thats innocent on the other side. It gives us a Bad name. They're trying to get rid of the Bike Week down here, if we don't get things straightened up down here with the M.W. Then we will most definetly be next.

Right now M.B is under a new Remodeling type phase. They're trying to turn MB into more of a Family oriented Beach. But as I was saying earlier aslong as we can keep the "Showing out" down then it'll be ok. They'll have State Troopers and alot of Un-Marked Off Duty Copsattending the Meets and Patroling the Bass Pro-Shop/Hooters area.

I Hope this year has a Great Turn out. Be cool to actually meet some of the People from here and some of the other forums I've Been on.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
25 bucks last year for all you could run according to what I could find on the mustangweek.com forum. But with as many cars as were there last year and assuming there will be more this year I only saw cars going twice, maybe three times at the most. The auto cross was pretty open though. A couple of guys probably went a half dozen times on it.

You should give us a little more credit for thinking ahead.... LOL!

The Wednesday Speedway event will start earlier this year to accomodate the increase in participation.

One thing I would like everyone to remember/consider is that we do not make any $ off of the Speedway event or the Dragnight events. We don't "rent" the tracks so the track owners/management set prices and keep the $. This is why we can't always dictate the way things happen at the tracks. The management still has a lot to do with how things go. We do try very hard to work "with" them on how it "should" go though.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
You should give us a little more credit for thinking ahead.... LOL!

The Wednesday Speedway event will start earlier this year to accomodate the increase in participation.

One thing I would like everyone to remember/consider is that we do not make any $ off of the Speedway event or the Dragnight events. We don't "rent" the tracks so the track owners/management set prices and keep the $. This is why we can't always dictate the way things happen at the tracks. The management still has a lot to do with how things go. We do try very hard to work "with" them on how it "should" go though.

Hahahaha Mustang Week Staff wins again:rockon:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Hahahaha Mustang Week Staff wins again:rockon:

This past fall, Rodcobra and myself took a trip to MB for the day just to sit down with the manager of MB Speedway. We really would like to see the whole entry/register/waiver process go more smoothly and more efficiently. We will go back down this Spring and work out an updated process for the Wednesday event that should help folks get the most bang for their buck.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I know its hard to find people to do it but it would be nice to see more cars in the burnout contest. That IMO was the highlight of the week. Maybe if a bigger prize was offered to the winner like a specific pair of tires for there vehicle. I know its hard though in this economy to get people to step up for sponsorship.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I know its hard to find people to do it but it would be nice to see more cars in the burnout contest. That IMO was the highlight of the week. Maybe if a bigger prize was offered to the winner like a specific pair of tires for there vehicle. I know its hard though in this economy to get people to step up for sponsorship.

SVTPerformance donated a set of drag radials for the winner in 2008.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
SVT Performance donated a set of drag radials for the winner in 2008.

Yeah I remember Travis having them at the SVTP booth but I was thinking if people could get a specific set of tires for whatever there car is instead of just a generic set it might raise the number of people doing it. Just a thought.

Linthemup

Established Member

A set of tires , a detailer , and a fire extinguisher . :beer:

Mostly the detailing issue for me , the entire underside of the car and sides are literally covered in molten rubber . :cuss:

Blackness03

Established Member

thats my fav too.. seeing them all parked and on the road is one thing... but seeing them out on the speedway and getting out there yourself is great!

Users who are viewing this thread