Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords 99/01 Cobra vs 03/04 Mach 1 Shootout!!!!!

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Thanks, everyone.

Jaime - I found several copies at WalMart.... I still don't have my subscription issue either.

Call me if you need me to send you one of mine.

Kevin

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So after all of this, there was not a shoot-out between a stock/original un-modded 99/01 Cobra and a stock/original unmodded 03/04 Mach 1???? I thought that was the whole argument/disagreement? Which of these two cars were faster, as they came from Ford, not modded. Anyone can throw money at a car and make it faster. Then the question is, "how much can you afford?" I thought it was a stock (as it came from Ford) vs. stock (as it came from Ford) that was the question to be settled?? There were no cars of this type tested, to answer this question? Or am I wrong and there is an answer that came from this shoot-out?

Even those of us who read, but do not post often on this forum, are interested in the outcome of a shoot-out of this type, stock vs. stock. These cars are similar, but also very different.

So which is faster as provided by Ford when new? The New Edge Cobra or the 03/04 Mach 1? How does the auto. trans. vs. the manual trans. Mach 1 perform in drag tests against the 99/01 Cobra

R

Last edited:

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
Nice job to the Cobra's, and great 60 foot times for the IRS. Brkntrxn, I have heard alot about you, maybe sometime when I am down there I can take a look at that beast.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
venomnous99 said:
Nice job to the Cobra's, and great 60 foot times for the IRS. Brkntrxn, I have heard alot about you, maybe sometime when I am down there I can take a look at that beast.

PM sent....

BTW, I love your car with the twins. I moved it in and out of the shop plenty of nights. I wish like hell my clutch setup felt as smooth as your setup.

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
Yah that was actually all due to Will. I wanted to go with Spec, and he convinced me to go with the Ram HD. I have been driving it on the street now for over 2 months, and I agree, I love this clutch. Thanks for the compliments.

Replied to your PM.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Thanks for the offer Kevin!! I bought the only two issues my Winn Dixie store had last night. I still have'nt received my subscription issue yet. Man can ya believe we got in there, Kevin! It's still kind of hard to believe that my car is on the cover of MM&FF magazine!!!!!!! I remeber also carding a 1.66 sixty foot, but they have me listed as a 1.68, it really does'nt matter to me though because the car got in the magazine and that's what I always hoped I could do but never thought I would get the opportunity. Hey at least they had Machnasty as having the '04 Cobra motor in his car, so really a Cobra powered Mach 1 won the shootout:-D

Jamie R.
'01 Cobra

TurboSteve

Established Member
Hey guys,

I feel bad that i've only now seen this thread. I'd like to thank everyone that made it to the event. I've been arranging our shootouts for several years now and during the last two, i've missed them all since relocating to our Tampa office. After i suggested that people interested in seeing this shootout happen should email Evan Smith our editor, i think he got something like 40 emails in one day, which seemed like a pretty positive response.

We're currently planning a Lightning versus Teminator shootout, for which there should be a post on this site already. We're still taking submissions for our Temrinator versus GT500 shootout, but there doesn't seem to be many GT500 guys that will take the roll bar with their 700rwhp.

If you guys ever have an idea for a shootout, please let one of us know. We're always open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve Baur
MM&FF
[email protected]

J

Janstang

Steve, next time(if there is a next time)do this shootout without the transmission restriction and you will probably get a better turnout for really fast cars. I was interested up till I saw stock based trannys. No biggie, it was still a fun article to read..

Nazman

Established Member
Good stuff.

Thanks for taking us into consideration and allowing this shootout to happen.

May be with some spare time to anounce the "participants" and buffer time to allow travel time/plans....specially for those in the Military that we need a bare minimum of 2-3 weeks ahead to request "leave" and what not.

I would loved to come and spank some Mach 1 ass! But did not happen. May be next time!!!

Naz

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Ideas for more shoot-outs...

New Edge Cobra vs. Mach 1 Revisited, Part II, Rides Again, Redux....maybe central location with enough time for service guys to respond. Adjust restrictions as noted herein. Definitely, Stock vs. Stock match-ups this time.

New Edge Cobra vs. Mach 1...Road Course Stock vs. Stock plus usual mods.. I sent this idea to you, Steve, back when the current shoot-out was in the formative stages. E-town has a road course just waiting to be used. Could be another location. Interesting to see how Solid would fare vs. IRS.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Ideas for more shoot-outs...

New Edge Cobra vs. Mach 1 Revisited, Part II, Rides Again, Redux....maybe central location with enough time for service guys to respond. Adjust restrictions as noted herein. Definitely, Stock vs. Stock match-ups this time.

New Edge Cobra vs. Mach 1...Road Course Stock vs. Stock plus usual mods.. I sent this idea to you, Steve, back when the current shoot-out was in the formative stages. E-town has a road course just waiting to be used. Could be another location. Interesting to see how Solid would fare vs. IRS.

cool ideas but the central location will never fly

as for the rest....have fun with it..it was a good bit work just to get the shootout to come to fruition

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Double "O"...my ideas not meant as criticism in anyway. You went far above the call-of-duty setting this up....:beer: Steve's looking for some ideas and I'm just providing some.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Double "O"...my ideas not meant as criticism in anyway. You went far above the call-of-duty setting this up....:beer: Steve's looking for some ideas and I'm just providing some.

Oh i know dude it's all good

Steve Baur???....i may have to pimp him for information next time i see him

i would like to see an All 4v shootout..96-04 Cobras, machs, and Mauraders. having broken into 2 classes...N/A and FI

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
Just my 2cents. I wasn't please with it at all. I mean, in general, them some BADASS stangs but I was hopin it to be stock vs. stock.
id have to agree.but then again i stopped wasting money on that mag along time ago.(imo)

Nazman

Established Member
Double"O" said:
i would like to see an All 4v shootout..96-04 Cobras, machs, and Mauraders. having broken into 2 classes...N/A and FI

I second that!

All 4V, NA, SC, Nitrous, Turbo, Centri, you name it!

Stock type suspension, street legal, auto or manual, MUST drive to the event!

That would be nice and attract all types of 4V fanatics! Open it up to the public!

Lastly, hold this event in SAN ANTONIO TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naz

J

Janstang

Hell I'd come play in San Antonio.. Do you have room in your driveway for my trailer Naz?(44ft. w/living quarters)Also, I would be more than happy to drive it to the track from there. Car drives great on the street..

Users who are viewing this thread