Mr. Angry Test Drives a 2010 SS Camaro

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
440 hp and the 0-60 is just under 5 seconds. Ladies and gentlemen, this car is slow!

I mean, come on, the 3V Mustang GT with 310 hp does 0-60 in 5 seconds, that Camaro is a fat pig.
That car will run circles around a GT.I hope it does well for GM.On the down side the interior does nothing for me.:burnout:

snakecharmer

Established Member
Car has grown on me. It looks a 1000 times better than the 2010 Abortion Stang, which is the most butt-****ing hideous thing Ford has done in a long time.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Its a part stripper model.
I didn't catch that until I read the entire article.

420hp, not 440.

Yeah maybe on a record run. A 2008 GT couldn't get any better then a 13.6 last night. They are not impressive.
This Camaro will run 12's, low 13's on average and considering its weight and top of the line suspension (unlike the Mustang), I would say its doing well. Its the aftermarket that is really going to shake things up. Im not a Mustang hater but lets be realistic here.

We're not talking about an 08, we're talking about a '10. It still won't win in a quarter mile race, but yes it does match the Camaro to 60. I wanna know where all the Camaro guys are that called the GT500 fat. This is payback to the extreme.

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
I dont like hennessey but they still do some nice cars....I think itll look badass when they and other companies get their hands on it

2010_Hennessey_Camaro_HPE700_01-800.jpg

hennessey-2010-camaro.jpg

redline360

Established Member
That looks pretty damn good along with a couple other versions.

And to think almost everyone hated the C6 headlights when it was first produced on the concept.

burnzilla

Established Member
13.0 vs. 13.5
111 vs. 104

That's a huge difference.

YouTube - Camaro is King! Mustang vs Challenger vs Camaro

Agreed.
Half a second in the 1/4 is light years, nearly 5 car lengths... and with that awesome LSX trap I don't see the Stang doing any better at highways speeds.

Motortrend did a 3 way shootout. The 2009 Mustang Gt was .5 seconds slower than the Camaro SS in the drag race. 420 hp and .5 second lead? WTF? :dw:

Yeah and the Camaro got it by 5 car lengths and a much better trap.
Once again not a Stang hater, but facts are facts.

They gotta do something with the rear of the Camaro though, thats about the only thing I'm not settling for.

And whats the color of that Stang in the motortrend video? Love that dark red.

Last edited:

dudemang2

Established Member
still looks like the entire car was slapped together from a budget parts bin.

cheap, tacky, and flashy, with a giant pushrod engine :banana:

red9450

Established Member
That car will run circles around a GT.I hope it does well for GM.On the down side the interior does nothing for me.:burnout:

It might be better in the acceleration dept, but one thing it will not do is run circles around the gt with the track pack.....lol. did you see the stats?

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
x2

the front and side might look ok... but when you see the rear you want to throw up. and then you take a peek at that interior and good lord. WTF were they thinking. hideous...

I guess you haven't taken a look at the back end of a 2010 GT500 yet, huh???

R1Lello

Established Member
GM will up the HP to 450 when that happens.

If we know what engines Ford will be launching, you know damn well GM is well aware.

Will GM be around then ?? :lol::nono:

Hurry buy it quick while you can........but don't buy the ext. warranty because it may be worth as much as Bre-x

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I have a feeling that people's opinions are going to change for the better once they see these cars modified.

me personally, i don't deny it's power/potential. i just still think it's an ugly @$$ car and i have seen one in person.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
according to who?
every dealership i visited in Ma RI and CT all had challengers flying off the lot. They cant even keep them in stock for more than a day or so.
Topor Dodge has 3 v6 models, 2 R/Ts, and up untill last week 2 SRT-8s...
the v6s and r/ts have been there for over 3 weeks. The SRT8s I'm not sure about.

Users who are viewing this thread