Mr. Angry Test Drives a 2010 SS Camaro

cam346

Established Member
that not the leather , trust me it look better than that. and the guages are standard with the rs ss package. mind will be here soon.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
they won't sell, not a whole lot of people buying new cars right now.. especially american ones... and especially cars like this... unfortunately for america

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Its a part stripper model.
I didn't catch that until I read the entire article.

420hp, not 440.

Yeah maybe on a record run. A 2008 GT couldn't get any better then a 13.6 last night. They are not impressive.
This Camaro will run 12's, low 13's on average and considering its weight and top of the line suspension (unlike the Mustang), I would say its doing well. Its the aftermarket that is really going to shake things up. Im not a Mustang hater but lets be realistic here.

Motortrend did a 3 way shootout. The 2009 Mustang Gt was .5 seconds slower than the Camaro SS in the drag race. 420 hp and .5 second lead? WTF? :dw:

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You should put an astericks beside that... it all depends if GM will even be here in 2 years.

I guarantee GM will be around in 2 years. It may be a different GM, but they will survive.

Ch 11 is way different than Ch 7. A Ch11 will allow them to come back a lot stronger.

Graves

Established Member
I like the side view but all that plastic and the cheesy gauges look out of place in anything but a .............................chevy! The interior looks like a cheap Dodge rental car.

Rather, the inside of a Challenger looks like a cheap Dodge rental car.

There's actually some history behind the Camaros inside, unlike all of the Dodge line-up which could be interchangeable. :dw:

Up until a couple weeks ago, the new SS and a G8 GT were in the running to replace the Bullitt. The LS3 SS will dominate some shit once people start doing the typical LSx bolt ons/mods. Meanwhile, the mod-motor crowd in '11 with the 5.0 are going to be doing what we/they've been doing...forging and supercharging. Not that that's a bad thing...but I'd rather bolt on and cam a car and make 500hp than have to supercharge it and a bunch of other stuff to get a similar number. :shrug:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
For me, a car needs to have the entire package. Good powertrain, exterior, interior etc... That motor does it for me that's about it.

Dear GM's interior designers... What the ****?

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Rather, the inside of a Challenger looks like a cheap Dodge rental car.

There's actually some history behind the Camaros inside, unlike all of the Dodge line-up which could be interchangeable. :dw:

Up until a couple weeks ago, the new SS and a G8 GT were in the running to replace the Bullitt. The LS3 SS will dominate some shit once people start doing the typical LSx bolt ons/mods. Meanwhile, the mod-motor crowd in '11 with the 5.0 are going to be doing what we/they've been doing...forging and supercharging. Not that that's a bad thing...but I'd rather bolt on and cam a car and make 500hp than have to supercharge it and a bunch of other stuff to get a similar number. :shrug:

Good post.

A G8 GXP A6 ran a 13.0 at my local track...quick 4 doors

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Motortrend did a 3 way shootout. The 2009 Mustang Gt was .2 seconds slower than the Camaro SS in the drag race. 420 hp and .2 second lead? WTF? :dw:

13.0 vs. 13.5
111 vs. 104

That's a huge differece.

Still don't like eithers looks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g]YouTube - Camaro is King! Mustang vs Challenger vs Camaro[/ame]

Blown 89

Established Member
It has the same problem the Challenger has IMO....looks great in pictures but when you see one in person and realize it's as big as a minivan that takes a lot of the sexiness away from it and you walk away disappointed.

Graves

Established Member
Good post.

A G8 GXP A6 ran a 13.0 at my local track...quick 4 doors

Yep. Livernois has already shown us what the GXP and the L76 in the GT are capable of doing..and to think, they're upwards of 400hp n/a, in a 4-door.

If I had the money, I'd get Aussie W427. (think suped up G8 w/ ZO6 LS7 & a M6) :cryying:

redline360

Established Member
Its a sad day when I can say the new camaro interior makes the 4th gens look great...puts down the beer

Fix ugly ass rear + redo basically the entire interior then I might actually think about one. Well if I got a good deal I couldnt pass it up of course

Last edited:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
God that interior sucks, what's up with the NES controller looking radio dials. Come on GM get your heads out of your asses.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I think the interior is tolerable. Whoever says the '10 Mustang has anything on this car is nuts. This car looks alot better imo. This car will look awesome with a drop and some wheels. Ford better step the Mustang power up for '11. What's up with the V6 camaro having basically the same hp as a V8 Mustang Gt? I hope this 5.0 is for real.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Motortrend did a 3 way shootout. The 2009 Mustang Gt was .5 seconds slower than the Camaro SS in the drag race. 420 hp and .5 second lead? WTF? :dw:

.5 seconds is pretty significant in a drag race. Also remember that the Camaro weighs roughly 3800 lbs in SS guise.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
It has the same problem the Challenger has IMO....looks great in pictures but when you see one in person and realize it's as big as a minivan that takes a lot of the sexiness away from it and you walk away disappointed.
according to who?
every dealership i visited in Ma RI and CT all had challengers flying off the lot. They cant even keep them in stock for more than a day or so.

The camaro has got some great numbers but the rear end and the interior make me wana puke. I bet they will fix it up a bunch if they come out with a freshened look in a copule years.

The stang would be my second choice though still. But the car doesnt really know what its wants to be just like the camaro. They are definitely both great cars though, and I could see myself driving both. But the challenger imo still takes the cake.
They didnt get cute, they just made a 1970 challenger with as little retro bs as humanly possible. The interior is plain... but that resembles the interior of the old ones. Take it from me guys, I know its not the fastest car in the world, but its got plenty for me and its made me content with life haha. Not to mention it gets more attention than a nude chick running down the street. People like it.

oh btw if anyone is curious, my challenger weighs 3947 lbs with a full tank of gas. They can be lighter than what people say to u.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The interior is plain... but that resembles the interior of the old ones.

Did old chargers and 300C's have the same interior to?

The interior isn't only plain, its cheap! the cubby doors in my brothers 06 R/T charger take at least 5 minutes to finally latch close.

The challenger looks great from the exterior, but the inside is a let down

The camaro doesn't look terrible on the inside but 105hp over the mustang and .2 faster in the 0-60? I guess its the tall 1-2 thats responsible for that...

I like the new mustang, it does need a few minor styling changes on the outside but if it can stay on the ass end of a car in the same class with 105hp more, its not terrible...

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Did old chargers and 300C's have the same interior to?

The interior isn't only plain, its cheap! the cubby doors in my brothers 06 R/T charger take at least 5 minutes to finally latch close.

The challenger looks great from the exterior, but the inside is a let down

The camaro doesn't look terrible on the inside but 105hp over the mustang and .2 faster in the 0-60? I guess its the tall 1-2 thats responsible for that...

I like the new mustang, it does need a few minor styling changes on the outside but if it can stay on the ass end of a car in the same class with 105hp more, its not terrible...

i can post pics for a closer look, yeah its borrowed some things from existing cars, but Ive been in a 300 and when i get in my car I dont feel any kind of deja vu. Its got carbon fiber details all over the interior including all the door handles and trims. It has by far the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in. and the doors shut quick clean with no issues like u described with this 06 charger.

Its not a luxurious lincoln, believe me I like them, ive had my own, but its got an interior fit for the car. The mustang looks great but hell, even the tester had to point out the cheap interior flaws like the Window weather strip gaps. Challenger like most dodges now have that drop window feature so when u open the door, the window drops and then lifts back up after u close it. That won me over quick. Imo its certainly not cheap, and its not fugly interior like the camaro.

One thing Id like to add about the camaro, is that the back end has looked better with black accents around the square tail lights(replacing the chrome accents), ill throw up a pick when i find one for an example.

Users who are viewing this thread