Mr. Angry Test Drives a 2010 SS Camaro

burnzilla

Established Member
Main Link:

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/04/13/2010-camaro-ss-meet-the-back-roads-brawler/

The front end is starting to look better to me... little by little, with some minor changes I think it can maintain the 'mean as hell gonna eat you look', without looking too overdone. Ladies and gentleman, this car looks great from the side as well. It really does look like a concept car on the streets, and for the first time I seen one in life... they really do look MUCH better in life then they do in pics... MUCH.

-
Power wise the Camaro does not disappoint. The all aluminum small block pumps out 422 hp and hurls it to 60 mph in under 5 seconds. Ladies and gentleman, this car is fast.

First and foremost the Camaro is a looker, and driving one around the streets of NYC on a spring day proved this in spades. Everyone was giving the Camaro looks, even if they didn’t know what the hell it was. Cab drivers, pedestrians, door men, bus drivers as well as the rest of the NYC masses loved it. In fact we didn’t get one negative comment the entire time we were in this thing. Interestingly enough, one comment that we kept getting is that people thought the Camaro was a concept car, and with it’s low profile, chopped roof and aggressive stance, I can totally see why. It just doesn’t look like a production ready car, and when viewed from the front it is a really mean looking SOB.

31313040215_large.jpg

31313040216_large.jpg

31313040207_large.jpg

31313040203_large.jpg

Last edited:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
I have a feeling that people's opinions are going to change for the better once they see these cars modified.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
440 hp and the 0-60 is just under 5 seconds. Ladies and gentlemen, this car is slow!

I mean, come on, the 3V Mustang GT with 310 hp does 0-60 in 5 seconds, that Camaro is a fat pig.

Silver95

Established Member
what an ugly car, im sorry GM. I currently own a ws6 and IMO its a much prettier car. Put it up next to a SRT8 Challenger and its no competition :poke:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I have seen a few aftermarket versions of this car and they look great!! Just remember that this car is 100% stock. Just imagine a nice drop to get rid of that 4x4 look...give it a chance.

-Mike

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I find the shape of the body very appealing.

I find the dash/interior to be the ugliest I've ever seen, bar none.

burnzilla

Established Member
Interior is digusting. What happened to the shifter guages ?

Its a part stripper model.
I didn't catch that until I read the entire article.

440 hp and the 0-60 is just under 5 seconds. Ladies and gentlemen, this car is slow!
420hp, not 440.

I mean, come on, the 3V Mustang GT with 310 hp does 0-60 in 5 seconds
Yeah maybe on a record run. A 2008 GT couldn't get any better then a 13.6 last night. They are not impressive.
This Camaro will run 12's, low 13's on average and considering its weight and top of the line suspension (unlike the Mustang), I would say its doing well. Its the aftermarket that is really going to shake things up. Im not a Mustang hater but lets be realistic here.

Last edited:

CGoeschel

Established Member
I like the side view but all that plastic and the cheesy gauges look out of place in anything but a .............................chevy! The interior looks like a cheap Dodge rental car.

Users who are viewing this thread