More than half of all new car loans in Canada financed for 84 months

98slowbra

Established Member
on my $70,000 truck I traded in 2 cars my 98 cobra and my 2009 envoy denali, so that gave me $26000 down but went with the 72 months so I could add more to the Raptor that I wanted and I get a little breathing room, anyhow we do pay off the cars when we can a head of time, but still my payment is $622 a month. That is still huge payment with $26,000 down, after I get it fixed I owe $13,000 on my Raptor and it is worth about $46,000 so I am not upside down.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Same buyer that is usually upside down doesn't maintain it and can't afford repairs in year 4 and 5.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Income levels of new car buyers is being outpaced by the rising prices of new cars.

Simple. That’s the only reason for longer loans.

Sucks, but ‘Mercia!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98slowbra

Established Member
Same buyer that is usually upside down doesn't maintain it and can't afford repairs in year 4 and 5.

you are correct here but I always buy the extended warranty, I know it is a extra $3200 but I am good for 7 years or 74,000 miles or something like that and only $100 I have to pay. I put mobile 1 extended 15,000 mile syn oil in my truck and change it at 7500 with same extended filter and all the rest of the fluids do not need to be changed tell like 100,000 so with only 57k on my clock I am good

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I agree. I am wanting a F150 with Nav and heated/cooled seats. Cannot bring myself to pay that much for the last vehicle I plan on purchasing in my lifetime.

Get a 15-18 used one with low miles already took the depreciation. You could also get the Flood ford esp or a certified pre-owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sono

Established Member
Bubbles will burst as soon as our man is out of office. This is another example of over confidence in an uncertain future.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea,
84 months is good for 3 things,

1. car makers to keep asking prices way over what they are actually worth.
2. People buying cars that cost more than they can afford.
3. A person who actually will keep it for 7+ years to get a affordable note because he should have never bought that over priced F250 in the first place....

This is basically what I was gonna say. There are plenty of people that don't comprehend a need vs a want or they figure they're so far in debt they no longer care. They can kinda sorta afford it on an 84 month note to whatever. A girl I knew in college borrowed like 5k from her parents to put down on her big ass, loaded Toyota SUV she had zero need for and financed the remaining 50+ for 72 months or something similarly ridiculous (dont think 84 was a thing back then).

The money you're saving at 2.9% interest could go towards paying off credit cards, mortgages, etc that are at higher interest rates.

maybe I'm wrong but I feel like most people doing this aren't taking that money and paying off bills or investing it something netting a higher return than the rate on the loan.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I did the 84 month on my Roush and my current truck.
I LOVE doing the 84 months!! I get a much lower monthly payment. The Roush was paid off in two and a half years and my truck is probably a year away from being paid off, in which I got the loan in December of 2015.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
GAP and extended warranties have their place, and a 84 month loan is one of them.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I did the 84 month on my Roush and my current truck.
I LOVE doing the 84 months!! I get a much lower monthly payment. The Roush was paid off in two and a half years and my truck is probably a year away from being paid off, in which I got the loan in December of 2015.

you are the exception bud, as far as paying them off way early. I am betting most folks either trade them upside down or go to term. I always pay a few hundred over the note, just to get the principle down, paid off early.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
you are the exception bud, as far as paying them off way early. I am betting most folks either trade them upside down or go to term. I always pay a few hundred over the note, just to get the principle down, paid off early.
Yeah,....if I couldn't pay them off early, I would definitely pay more every month. That's the way to go for sure.
Hmmmmmm,............order a Trackhawk or order a Z07?!?!? lol :D

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Problem with low interest rates through like Ford Credit, is you don’t get the huge discounts like I got on mine. At least that’s the way I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread