More than half of all new car loans in Canada financed for 84 months

noco5.0

Established Member
It's been my experience if you don't completely blow through the miles the dealers want to make a sale or sign you up for a new lease when you turn it in so they can throw money at it to deal with the miles. If you are driving 25k miles a year or something like that than I agree a lease probably isn't a great idea. In that case I would buy a reliable beater.

I've looked into the Trackhawk leases and they aren't good. I'm hoping they will try to unload inventory at some point and offer similar deals to what they were leasing Hellcats for last year.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm very interested in a left over Focus ST or Fiesta ST, (leaning heavily towards the FoST). Is it possible to get one with 60 months or less @ 0% financing? Planning maybe to put $5k down.
Dude, get a FiST. More fun and about the same interior space (in front).

Rct851

Established Member
What time period cars are y’all talking about lasting 3-4 years? And what would fail bad enough for it to be considered time to replace instead of repair?

On another note, for the sake of argument there’s no point in listing Msrp for the truck you bought 2 years old and think what you paid vs the msrp was your actual savings compared to buying new. Sure some of these limited cars don’t get discounted but nobody is paying msrp for an f150

Coiled03

Established Member
Just depends.

As long as you know how many miles you're going to drive, you can set the lease up for that.

Well yeah, but more mileage allowance means a higher payment. At a certain point, you're approaching the payment to just buy it outright.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well yeah, but more mileage allowance means a higher payment. At a certain point, you're approaching the payment to just buy it outright.

But even if it's the exact same payment, if at the end of 3 years, you're still upside down in buying it...a lease would be smarter because you can wash your hands of it.

Coiled03

Established Member
But even if it's the exact same payment, if at the end of 3 years, you're still upside down in buying it...a lease would be smarter because you can wash your hands of it.

True....good point.

Users who are viewing this thread