Modular Speedworx

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
TEABG said:
Sorry to jack this thread, L.L have you seen the GMP GTO Die-Cast model of your car? Same color as yours and it highly detailed with chrome wheels. Saw it today at Hobby City for $99.99 :thumbsup:

Hahaha Mine was delivered today. :pepper:

Very nice detail. But the color is way off.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
well boys as of now the track day may be postponed but I will keep eveyone up to date with the details. QuikZ06 the sooner we get the date the better that way we can get the word out and have a track day about a week after everyone has their vehicles tuned.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Dustin, im going to try and call Rick or Linn tomorrow and find out if they are available on the 18th, if they are were shooting for then. We already have 6 people in. Jonathan (Blue STI) is going to see about getting us a discount on a plane ticket for Rick, his dad works for United :)

Quik Z06

Established Member
What the hell, I'll post it here too...

Lol,...Ok its somewhat official were going to do it on the 18th so c'mon people lets get a few more and bring the price down. It will be held in the Bay Area in Campbell I belive at Jeff S's Shop and he told me its $80/Hr for the dyno. This is the same place Rick tuned at last time. So here again...

Tuner Fee $150 Mandatory

Tune $125 for the tune unless your a customers of Rick already.

Dyno $80/Hr as per Jeff S (thank you) Paid Directly to Jeff

Ricks Travel Expenses $750-800 (estimate) This would be devided by all of us.

Lastly you need to have a Tuner, XCal or Predator if you dont Linn told me $399 shipped with a base tune for your car, which is a good deal. So it looks like Nov 18th at Jeff S's in Campbell. I will call Linn on Monday to make sure its a go and set up the payment arrangements to them. I mentioned before this had to be paid up front so so I''ll find ut from Linn what everyone owes up front, then we just have to worry about the dyno and travel expenses. Sound good?

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
LL im guessing that you will dyno at no more than 350rwhp. LOL. It would be if you ahd the same guys that tuned QuikZ06's Z06 it would be but damn I can't wait to see that thing rev up. I have yet to see a Goat with an S/C on it. Have you picked it up yet? If so what is taking so long to make a little idle vid?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
cobraboy169 said:
LL im guessing that you will dyno at no more than 350rwhp. LOL. It would be if you ahd the same guys that tuned QuikZ06's Z06 it would be but damn I can't wait to see that thing rev up. I have yet to see a Goat with an S/C on it. Have you picked it up yet? If so what is taking so long to make a little idle vid?

I picked it up last Sat. It's FUN!:pepper:

No vids yet because it's not tuned.

50 shot of juice next. It will add about 60-70 horses and some nice torque.

500rwhp.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice Larry, I cant wait to see it on the dyno...Although, I was thinking of spraying my car as well, I may not :(

Quik Z06

Established Member
Ahh...for cooling...hmmm...Yeah I might take that approach as well ;) Cool my inlet air that is :) Im going to wait and see what Rick says. If my car is dialed in great which im sure it will, I'll talk to him about the nitrous.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
just do the spray QuikZ06. You know you want to and you know that if you pass it up you will kick yourself down the road. Drive it until it breaks. Go ballz to the wall.

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Haha well if I didnt have Jeff S and Rick telling my not to spray more that a 50 "dry" shot I wouldnt even be worried. I guess we'll see, I'll pick their brains while their up here and see what we get out of them, then I may try :)

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
^ Haha well if I didnt have Jeff S and Rick telling my not to spray more that a 50 "dry" shot I wouldnt even be worried. I guess we'll see, I'll pick their brains while their up here and see what we get out of them, then I may try :)

did ya get my PM about the invoice? also...my boss is in Lake Tahoe, so I'll try to get that day off...

Quik Z06

Established Member
No I didnt get a Pm about an invoice?

Heres the address to the Dyno Day

1170 Campbell Ave
San Jose 95126

Across front Santa Clara State University right off 880 Alameda exit
1150 is the shop that is visible from the street and 1170 is around back

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
OK after a talk with my father I decided that I am still going to the track on Saturday the 11th. My father and stepmother are making the trip to watch me and I don't want to bail on them. This will be the first time they have seen me at the track and I would like to spend time with them before the leave for Hawaii for Thanksgiving. Yeah that is right they are leaving me in F*ing Cali for Thanksgiving and going to Hawaii and they would not be back in time for the track day on the 25th. So anyone that wants to join me would be great. I ahve a couple of friends coming mith me from Chico but I would like some of the other guys from home.

QuikZ06 I know the Cobra isn't ready but what about the Z? What about Johnathan? A freind of mine from home Edgar with a 03 Yellow GT is going to make the trip but I would like some of the other guys there as well. What do you all say? QuikZ06 I know you and Rach could use a day out of town and away from everything. PM me and let me know what the deal is if anyone wants to go. If anything just bring a beater and hang out for a day.

CaliSS2001

Established Member
I'm, another happy MSX customer, Billy is a very laid back cool guy and A+ work and customer service. I'll be bring my SS and Cobra by the shop when I'm ready for big toys to go in.

Users who are viewing this thread