Mods list come take a look

Nazman

Established Member
yellowbra said:
I bought the car built so everything was done to it before i got it so i'm just going off the research that was left with the car. so
A. I can't be lying
B. the dynoing was done before i got the car so you could be right
C. you wanna race?
I want to race!:beer:

Nazman

Established Member
Albino Snake said:
NAZMAN, your scares me:eek: That ****ing video is sick:thumbsup: Suspension list please:-D That car has nuts, big ones:mj:
Thanks brother! By the way....I call my Hoopty "The Albino" from back in the day when I purchase it new in 1999!!!!!

The suspension is more than simple.

Front:

Stock K-Member
Mach 1 Springs
Strange 10 Way Adjustable Springs

Rear:

UPR Pro-Adjustable UCAs
UPR Sperical Bushings
D&D Lower LCAs
Mach 1 Springs
Lakewook 50/50 Shocks

DOT tire, 3660LBs!

Naz

Albino Snake

Established Member
Nazman said:
Thanks brother! By the way....I call my Hoopty "The Albino" from back in the day when I purchase it new in 1999!!!!!

The suspension is more than simple.

Front:

Stock K-Member
Mach 1 Springs
Strange 10 Way Adjustable Springs

Rear:

UPR Pro-Adjustable UCAs
UPR Sperical Bushings
D&D Lower LCAs
Mach 1 Springs
Lakewook 50/50 Shocks

DOT tire, 3660LBs!

Naz
That car leaves so hard, I am very impressed:thumbsup:

BooRail85

Banned
So many disbelievers in here. I assume it's because "no one else can do that with b heads" .. I say its possible.. maybe not as likely as some setups, but possible..

Jims SVT did 382rwhp on stock short block with b heads.. this guy has all the same stuff, worked mani, worked heads, cams, etc... so why cant this guy get an extra 40rwhp from bottom end work? especially since he stated it was a 40 over bore.. and the service limit is what, 30.. makes me assume that it is a big bore with a possible stroker crank.

while I wouldnt believe every crazy someone who gets on here and says "I laid down 350rwhp with long tubes!" I will go ahead and believe this guy.. seems legit to me.

Last edited:

Nazman

Established Member
BooRail85 said:
So many disbelievers in here. I assume it's because "no one else can do that with b heads" .. I say its possible.. maybe not as likely as some setups, but possible..

Jims SVT did 382rwhp on stock short block with b heads.. this guy has all the same stuff, worked mani, worked heads, cams, etc... so why cant this guy get an extra 40rwhp from bottom end work? especially since he stated it was a 40 over bore.. and the service limit is what, 30.. makes me assume that it is a big bore with a possible stroker crank.

while I wouldnt believe every crazy someone who gets on here and says "I laid down 350rwhp with long tubes!" I will go ahead and believe this guy.. seems legit to me.
Im not here to dog anyone. Its just completly un-heard of a B-headed 400+RWHP NA motor (heck even 400+RWHP C-Cobra-FR500 combos) are very rare.

Im not saying that its imposible...Im just saying that its quite of accomplish ment....one that I have not seen very (if any) of them.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt....at least can we see some dyno sheets?

Naz

Albino Snake

Established Member
Nazman said:
Im not here to dog anyone. Its just completly un-heard of a B-headed 400+RWHP NA motor (heck even 400+RWHP C-Cobra-FR500 combos) are very rare.

Im not saying that its imposible...Im just saying that its quite of accomplish ment....one that I have not seen very (if any) of them.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt....at least can we see some dyno sheets?

Naz
He has a link with dyno sheets in this thread.

Albino Snake

Established Member
I believe this guy, just from the engine pic I can see someone obviously put some time in this motor... not only that I am not one to doubt a person, this guy could truly be putting down this kind of horsepower. Skys the limit with mod motors, these motors could never cease to amaze me because their potential is way over the top. I have seen so many great things accomplished with these motors that it wouldn't shock me to hear something like this happening with his mods list:shrug:

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Albino Snake said:
I believe this guy, just from the engine pic I can see someone obviously put some time in this motor... not only that I am not one to doubt a person, this guy could truly be putting down this kind of horsepower. Skys the limit with mod motors, these motors could never cease to amaze me because their potential is way over the top. I have seen so many great things accomplished with these motors that it wouldn't shock me to hear something like this happening with his mods list:shrug:

You can tell that because he has a polished lid and a "custom" inlet tube he has more power than any other B headed n/a motor? How many show cars are there look great but can't get out of their own way?

Sky's the limit? "Potential way over the top?" "Great things accomplished?" Please give me some hp number that lead you to believe this. I've seen 1/4 mile times that would back up your claims, but no hp numbers.

His mods are minimal at best. Those cams aren't know to produce great gains. Those headers aren't know to produce huge amounts of power. 11 to 1 (probably 10.8) is ordinary. I'm sorry, but I just am not seeing it.

Albino Snake said:
He has a link with dyno sheets in this thread.

Do you beleive everything you read on the forums? I have dyno sheets that show over 400 rwhp also..but they are from another car. BTW, he hasn't had the car dyno'd, the dyno that was posted was from the previous owner.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
BooRail85 said:

40rwhp from 1 point higher compression? I doubt that very much. Also, .040 over may be good for about 2rwhp if that. Hyland stg III cams (the most aggressive they have for n/a) are less aggressive the JIMS SVT's Comp 106500s. JIMS SVT also made his power on a very aggressive tune, with an electric water pump and turning no a/c compressor or power steering pump.

One more thing, I've seen big bore B headed, cammed engines put out less rwhp than this one.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
yellowbra said:
thats a thought when you send me some money to get on the dyno i'll be sure to let you know. PM for address.

I noticed the torque on the dyno sheet. Does that say close to 375rwtq? 350 rwtq at only 3600rpm? :bs: If so, that is more than 50rwtq more than any other B headed Cobra I've ever seen.

Have you had it to the track yet?

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
yellowbra said:
I bought the car built so everything was done to it before i got it so i'm just going off the research that was left with the car. so
A. I can't be lying
I think you are being straight with us. It's the previous owner that I don't beleive...or the tuner. I say that because it's absolutely unheard of for a B headed motor to make 350rwtq at peak let alone at only 3600rpm. Something just isn't right here.

If this is legit, I'd like to talk to the engien builder as would a host of other B headed Cobra owners. BTW, who built the engine?

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Ha, Ha, Ha. I knew it would come to this. There is NO way you can convince people you are making 400 rwhp with this car unless they see it in person, for themselves. Honestly, I think I have seen a total of TWO B headed Cobras that have been taken to this length.

The guy that made the SSR intakes, and the one from MM&FF. I think it's kind of silly to take MM&FFs car as an exmaple of what can be done with these cars since there's was not only inconsistent, but it would lose power when it was supposed to gain it. That thing was always doing something wierd. I have a buddy with an SSR intake and a .020 overbore with mild portwork and he made 340 rwhp. Another 60 or so out of cams, higher CR, a bit more bore, and maybe a better short runner intake is not inconcievable.

I would like to add that while the SSR guy made almost exactly what the guys at MM&FF did, and his had a big bore. I think theis had more aggresive cams, but they also had a PHP intake (which I have seen several dynos where that intake made less that the SSR) and some other differences, so, when you look at the end result, you have to look at what yellowbras car has, not what all these other guys have done.

Heck, my ROOMATE had a 2000 GT that made 360 rwhp at the wheels. (it supposedly made 380 at higher rpm) It had a stroker, but those aren't supposed to make as much of a power increase as they do torque. He also had a Hogan sheetmetal intake, cams, and ported heads. I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone in any forum that a PI head GT is going to make more power mod for mod than a 4 valve. B, C, A, N, P, or whatever head.

Look at the responses you got from the other thread about this. Now look at the ones in here. There is a very different mood to the people that own B headed cars o this forum. I think it has to do with the way they have been treated by the C head and Terminator guys through the years. The fact that a lot of people haven't tried to do what your car can is the reason a lot of people feel this way.

Is it unheard of? Yes. Why? Well, there aren't exactly a ton of people making parts for these cars to begin with. The price for the gains that you get is pretty high too. 4 cams instead of one? Just getting them put in is pricy. Gettting engine work done on these cars isn't cheap by any means. The main problem is that 3 years after these heads and intake were released, Ford changed just about everything about them. It was just around 99 or 2000 when people really started getting into the mod motor with mods too. Our cars had pulleys, headers, exhaust, and that's about it for "cheap" mods. The C heads of the 99/01 (and up technicaly) of the newer cars made MORE power with simple mods due to the smaller intake volume and b resulting better velocity, and the 96-98s kind of got left back.

So really, there is not even definitive modded intake for these cars. Everyone makes thier own, or the people that used to make them, don't anymore. And everyone is ultra secretive about how theirs makes gains, so it's not really common knowledge what the best route is. How long has it been since Sullivan was supposed to make one for our cars?

I will sum it up by simply repeating what I said in your other thread. Congradulations. IF, you want to prove it to yourself, go ahead. It won't convince anyone on here, but you would at least know for yourself. Run it, have fun with it, but don't come to Baton Rouge with it unless you add some spray, or you really want to find out what a Louisiana license plate looks like. ;-) Just messing with ya!

:pop:

Last edited:

Albino Snake

Established Member
na svt said:
You can tell that because he has a polished lid and a "custom" inlet tube he has more power than any other B headed n/a motor? How many show cars are there look great but can't get out of their own way?

Sky's the limit? "Potential way over the top?" "Great things accomplished?" Please give me some hp number that lead you to believe this. I've seen 1/4 mile times that would back up your claims, but no hp numbers.

His mods are minimal at best. Those cams aren't know to produce great gains. Those headers aren't know to produce huge amounts of power. 11 to 1 (probably 10.8) is ordinary. I'm sorry, but I just am not seeing it.

Do you beleive everything you read on the forums? I have dyno sheets that show over 400 rwhp also..but they are from another car. BTW, he hasn't had the car dyno'd, the dyno that was posted was from the previous owner.
Well actually he has a polished lid and valve covers, MSD DIS-4, two tach adapters, SCT BA 2400, SHM blue silicone hoses, ACCEL coil packs, custom inlet tube, and don't forget the caster camber plates!!! LOL I really could care less what people say in forums, I am just here to talk about cars, because when my friends aren't available to talk about cars you guys are. If I believed every thing I read in forums there would be a lot of things I would have done wrong. People talked bad about my intake.. so what, I am still going to use it because the dyno will do the talking for my car. People in forums tend to criticize things they have never tried, never tested and can't afford to do without ever trying them, and to me that is ignorant. A guy once critcized the fact that I had a Paxton intercooler, and said he would never run one... OK, but he will continue to blow hot ass air in his motor from his non-intercooled/aftercooled Vortech? If they could do better they would, but since they can't they beat down on the people who can. I am not directing this to anyone here, just talking about some people in forums in general. When ever you do something and talk about it there is always that one guy to say, "you should have done this instead." What would you say if this guys car really put this down to the rear... I know myself it sounds far fetched, but everybodies car responds different even if they have the exact same mods. I don't know that guy from a can of paint, but who am I to tell him he is lying? I am not here to ride anyones nuts about their car, I just said I believe the guy is all... This guy is a grown ass man I assume and why would he feel the need to lie to a bunch of strangers, to make himself feel better? If anyone comes on here and lies deliberately they have serious issues. Only thing I am sure of here is the fact that I love this site, and I am sure of the progress of my own project and thats it. I have not once riddiculed a guys car on here, regardless if I hated the thing or thought he was lying about it. There is a difference between asking a question and digging, what some people are doing right now is digging. I say let it be.. if he is lying it will come out a few posts later when he forgets what was said in the past, it never fails. I say he is innocent until proven guilty.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
.040 over on an aluminum block?

sounds like this place knew what they were doing (oh, and your suit is black)

NOT

Fourcam330

Established Member
LMAO, sorry no way in hell your B head car made 350rwtq+ @ 3600rpm, or 412rwhp corrected. That dyno is ****ed.

Fourcam330

Established Member
BooRail85 said:

Jim made that power with some non streetable mods, like a disconnected belt. You aren't going to duplicate his #s any time soon, more like ever.

Users who are viewing this thread