Mission Accomplished 9 Sec Timeslips Today!

D.T.R

Established Member
Nice dude, that's not a lot of timing for the fuel you're running, and that AFR is pretty safe to say the least.

BMR Tech

Congrats!

We are going to be shooting for our 9-second pass soon, as well. We are planning on doing it on a 275 Drag Radial.

Good job!

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Congrats!

We are going to be shooting for our 9-second pass soon, as well. We are planning on doing it on a 275 Drag Radial.

Good job!
Ive heard nothing but good things about the new 275/60/15 M/T Competition DR....im prolly gonna grab a set aswell...a few people have suggested i may go a bit faster on those as they bite just as hard as the slicks and have less rolling resistance...

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Yeah, we have similar results on both. We have both the new 275's, and the older 275's.

Typically, these automatic cars will do just as well with a DR, if not better, simply because they do not need all the absorption that a slick has to offer.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^hahahaha...3C going in on Saturday, ill see how that works out and then possibly go to the 3.33 pulley for a lb or 2 extra boost....:)))

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
That pass was a stock converter?
currently running a 2C but imo aswell as a few others its a bit tight...i tried many different launch rpm and the 2C atleast in my car loves 1700rpm...3C should give me atleast another 300 or so rpm if not 500 allowing me to leave harder and have improved 60's.....im not complaining about the pair of 1.46 60's i was able to cut but ive heard of low 1.40 and high 1.30's being possible with the 3C/centri combo so im going for it....

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
currently running a 2C but imo aswell as a few others its a bit tight...i tried many different launch rpm and the 2C atleast in my car loves 1700rpm...3C should give me atleast another 300 or so rpm if not 500 allowing me to leave harder and have improved 60's.....im not complaining about the pair of 1.46 60's i was able to cut but ive heard of low 1.40 and high 1.30's being possible with the 3C/centri combo so im going for it....

That 3c will be a beast!! :beer:

so are you coming to MIR this fall to run that thing?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Heinz, what's tire setup do you have? Are you running uca/LCA etc...
im currently running the SVE drag wheel setup( i got a set the day they went for sale) 15"x3.5 front with 26x4.5 tire and 15x10 rear with 28x10.5 Hoosier Stiff Sidewall Slick...no upper or lower control arms and no shocks either....only changes to rear are swaybar relocation brackets to run the 15's...the panhard bar to center the wheels...front has 05-10 gt rotor and caliper bracket to run 15's....ohhh and a set of eibach pro lowering springs which aren't necessarily great drag race springs...

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glad to see the kit working out so great for you!!!! :)

Another 9 second 5.0!!

Ive heard nothing but good things about the new 275/60/15 M/T Competition DR....im prolly gonna grab a set aswell...a few people have suggested i may go a bit faster on those as they bite just as hard as the slicks and have less rolling resistance...

I'd go for the 275's before stepping up the converter. The 275's do very well on these cars. It was good for bringing us from 9.2's ot 9.0's last year.

With the higher hp cars, I think the 2c will hold up to the power better over the long hall, but if you don't mind reworking it every so often you'll be ok.

nordy racer

Established Member
congrats man, great numbers... looking forward to see the car if you make it down to MIR..

Users who are viewing this thread