Midwest (Iowa/Nebraska) Cruise 2012

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
Hey now, I enjoy living cheap. My monthly bills are little to nothing. That leaves more money for my damn expensive hobbies.

Also, lets do the 5 lug swap at your shop and you can roll with me on the cruise.

you guys need help let me know, even if its just supervising....

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I'm really cutting this close if I make it. I got the car together, but I'm waiting on some parts to solve some fitment issues on my wheels/tires. Hoping I can make it!

03snkvert

Established Member
Looking forward to getting the Car out on the Road for a cruise with the top down!

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
Im cutting it close too! I got a tune set up at excessive in Sioux Falls on June 14th lol.

milhous

Established Member
5-lug swap is done. The wheels I wanted are on back-order, so I am rocking my brother-in-law's Cobra R's right now.

I found some used wheels for a decent price in Moline, so I am trying to work out a quick deal this weekend. If not I will buy some better tires for the Cobra R's and use them to make the cruise.

03snkvert

Established Member
5-lug swap is done. The wheels I wanted are on back-order, so I am rocking my brother-in-law's Cobra R's right now.

I found some used wheels for a decent price in Moline, so I am trying to work out a quick deal this weekend. If not I will buy some better tires for the Cobra R's and use them to make the cruise.

Sounds Good, Cant wait to see the Car!

03snkvert

Established Member
Cruise is one week from today!

Remember, if you are meeting in Des Moines, we are meeting at the Best Buy at Jordan Creek Mall (across from Costco) between 8-8:30 and leaving no later than 8:45. If you are running late please give me a call and we will either wait for you or get a slow start so you can meet up.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Cant wait. Omaha peps dont forget we are meeting at Praxair on 82nd and Fst at 1030 if you want to cruise over together to CB.

milhous

Established Member
gonna change the trans fluid monday, and ill be ready to roll.

Might just be me, or maybe +1

Ken, what time are you heading to Des Moines? Maybe we can meet up in M'Town and head down together?? I will probably gas up at Kwik Star by the softball complex and grab some Monster and donuts as well.

Also, are the Larson boys still going??

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
Not going to be able to make it anymore.. Trans is ****ed, planning on doing T56 swap but i will not have it finished in time since funds aren't quite their yet. Very disappointed since i had work taken off and everything. Post plenty of pictures of the event please! everyone have a safe and fun time!

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I don't think I'm going to get my parts in for the SHO in time, so I thought I'd bring the STi... Decided to see what was squeaking in the right-rear of the car and behold, a 900 mile KW coilover strut is blown. No evidence of leaking, but I can easily compress it by hand it does not rebound. :(

Did some reading and it seems common for issues on the rears of the KW Impreza coilovers. Now I'll see how well KW's customer service is. I'm going to try and get 2 new rears to swap and then send the old back (supposedly there was a revalving fix back in 2006... I bought these in 2010). I don't want to be down a month for this crap. I just installed new tubular trailing arms and replaced all the bushings in the car for poly last week. I might as well install the injectors, rails, regulator and new lines for E85 while I'm waiting...

521362_2227871912936_50303253_n.jpg

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Ken, what time are you heading to Des Moines? Maybe we can meet up in M'Town and head down together?? I will probably gas up at Kwik Star by the softball complex and grab some Monster and donuts as well.

I think aaron and brian are taking the lightning last i knew. I unfortunately wont be able to make it :nonono: My stepbrother who only makes it back a few times a year decided to fly back for fathers day to surprise his dad. So naturally i have to be there as well......

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
I think aaron and brian are taking the lightning last i knew. I unfortunately wont be able to make it :nonono: My stepbrother who only makes it back a few times a year decided to fly back for fathers day to surprise his dad. So naturally i have to be there as well......

sorry havnt checked in, in about a week.

Im heading down around 7:15 or so, maybe 7.

I might be a lone ranger on this one again. We'll see.

Understandable about family showing up.

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member

Yeah if you wana meet up there at the kwik star at say 7 that'll work.

You got a phone yet? or facebook?

Users who are viewing this thread