• OTHER AND WHY?

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
Until somebody makes a shifter that mounts directly to the trans all these aftermarket shifters attached to the body are just band aids.
Nobody had shifter problems until Ford decided to mount the shifter to the body.

You can't have a rigid shifter work properly if the engine and trans are torqued over under load.

Stupid design.

yellowrubiu

Established Member
Until somebody makes a shifter that mounts directly to the trans all these aftermarket shifters attached to the body are just band aids.
Nobody had shifter problems until Ford decided to mount the shifter to the body.

You can't have a rigid shifter work properly if the engine and trans are torqued over under load.

Stupid design.

This is one of the reasons why in my opinion MGW beats everything else out there and helps the most with this issue you're pointing out. They not only replace the upper shifter assembly but the lower assembly and bushings as well, plus introduce a new double rail bracket design that none of the other aftermarket shifter makers out there offer.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Had a Barton with the support bracket and was ok, just does not compare
to the MGW.
One hot day last summer before I got the MGW, I noticed the Barton felt
real stiff, would not self center, harder to move than i remembered.
Took it off while it was still warm and could barely move it, took it in the house
and let it cool and freed right up.
Took heat gun and warmed it up and got stiff again, the derin bushings swell when hot.
The MGW has all the bushings fluted, room for expansion,and you can grease it, never had an issue with .the MGW and ain't looked back.
It is the one to have.

Jim

George does quite a bit of hot and cold testing to make sure that doesn't happen with the MGW.

dan_h

Established Member
I love my MGW but i do continually have to 'relearn' how to put it into reverse :O.

Typically i get it correct on the 3rd try unless the engine is cold...

jj6077

Established Member
I was one of the first to get the mgw, and at the beginning i hated how the springs were so tense and the rubber boot that stuck out. eventually they got broken in and now my shifter is perfect and they have a new rubber boot. MGW is well worth it.

pcarman

Established Member
MGW shifter

Lewis26 this is the first I'm reading about a stainless steel braided clutch line. Where do I get one of these? Thanks.

Lewis26

Established Member
this is what it says in their website!!!

Please Note that this shifter will NOT work on the 2011 models.

You are completely wrong. Many many people have the MGW installed on a 2011 without issues.

jake74

Established Member
I just got my mgw installed in my boss and man what a difference.I can bang gears like ronnie sox now.This shifter is well worth the money.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I got the Barton bracket but had issues with it at the track. So I sold it and bought the MGW. I don't have any problems with it since I bought it

pcarman

Established Member
Shifter Choice

MGW is absolutely great. Makes driving my car a whole new experience vs the stock shifter.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I have a Barton bracket and a stock shifter. I would like to try an MGW, but in someone else's car. I don't miss shifts and can shift this as fast as I please. I really don't see the need for an aftermarket shifter, unless you just don't like the feel of the stocker and are looking for something more "mechanical" and direct. The biggest issue with the stocker was deflection, it was terrible. Barton bracket ended that, 100%.

Mike

This is exactly what I am doing. The stock shifter is just fine IMO, I can shift faster than the car likes (scratches going into gear) so I have to purposely slow down my shifts just a tad. I dont miss shifts either so a short shifter would just be a waste of money for me. Also, I like the look of the stock shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread