• OTHER AND WHY?

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
I yave the barton and bracket. Mgw is a very nice piece. I just dont have the patience to wait a few weeks for a shifter. I am very happy with my choice.

Benchracer

Established Member
I got my mgw Friday and installed it last night. Was a little bit of a pain to install(definately recommend getting a second hand to help). Shifts are perfect so far and my two biggest worries was that it would be too stiff or loud and it was neither. Of course I used dyno may that they provided on top and bottom. I would definately recommend this mod to everyone with an mt-82.

Defknotzero

Established Member
MGW. Best shifter I ever had. I had it in all my cobra's and now in my Z

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Def get the mgw. Thought I had a stock unit in but it had a barton bracket. I never felt sure about it. I swapped it out the same time I did my drive shaft so with that out of the way it was way easier. If you decide to do it just remove the ds and save yourself the trouble of limited space. Now Im banging gears like its supposed to be. Its not stiff either.

kingnut

Established Member
the terminology "banging gears" is all i needed to hear. :rockon:

bigriff85

Established Member
Like anything in this world you get what you pay for and instead of swapping shifters etc just do it right the first time and be done with it and you won't have to 2nd guess...mgw ftw! Between this and my McLeod clutch my car drives incredible and my cars been boosted for 2 years ...these mt82s may leave a lot to be desired but this may improve you're enjoyment of the car...did for me!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
The problem with most of the recommendations is that most people have not tried BOTH....
most people learn from others and install the recommended shifter without any research....which is fine if the initial person who recommended it has tried both shifters! (bandwagon effect)

I have tried the SR/AM shifter and it was horrible feeling. Decided to stick with teh stock for now until I get to try both the MGW & Barton in person.

anyone with JHR or UPR?
if memory serves correctly there was somebody on here that was gonna try teh JHR recently...didnt get any more reports though.

Last edited:

Mutt69

Street Racer
Established Member
Wanted a MGW, but couldn't wait 3 weeks, so I installed a Barton with the new bracket and it works excellent.

As for the steel braided line, used McLeod's with the bleeder kit, nice to be able to bleed the clutch. I'm also using McLeod's RXT clutch and billet flywheel.

Amsoil MTG in the trans, great when it's warm, a little notchy when it's below 60 degrees.

Baysixx

Established Member
I have a Barton bracket and a stock shifter. I would like to try an MGW, but in someone else's car. I don't miss shifts and can shift this as fast as I please. I really don't see the need for an aftermarket shifter, unless you just don't like the feel of the stocker and are looking for something more "mechanical" and direct. The biggest issue with the stocker was deflection, it was terrible. Barton bracket ended that, 100%.

Mike

This. Bracket fixed all the deflection and missed 1-2 and 2-3 due to lockout. I can power shift easily now and not worry about getting locked out.

jdcobra

Established Member
This. Bracket fixed all the deflection and missed 1-2 and 2-3 due to lockout. I can power shift easily now and not worry about getting locked out.

Take it you love the bracket :beer: I love my MGW and I can't wait to do the AMSoil swap and braided clutch line to see if it gets better or not.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

What about the factory knob, do you like it or are you gonna change it?

jdcobra

Established Member
What about the factory knob, do you like it or are you gonna change it?

I like this one from mgw

yga5u2ep.jpg

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
I'm going to MGW in a few weeks to let them do the install, headed that way for road trip anyway. Will report back ASAP.

jdcobra

Established Member
I'm going to MGW in a few weeks to let them do the install, headed that way for road trip anyway. Will report back ASAP.

You can do it in an hour and a half. It's not a bad install at all.

Ratchet

Established Member
I just took my MGW to the track on friday, I like it more all the time. I have the amsoil fluid here, but I haven't changed it out yet. I will at some point tho. I am getting no grinding and no locking out of any sort. :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
MGW is in the lead by 3.5 times... i ask myself why am i still buying an FRPP barton.

BossLady82

Established Member
On friday I ran with the MGW for the first time since putting it in. Didn't miss a gear once. Very clean shifts. It sometimes clicks when changing gears. Does anyone know what that is?

Ratchet

Established Member
On friday I ran with the MGW for the first time since putting it in. Didn't miss a gear once. Very clean shifts. It sometimes clicks when changing gears. Does anyone know what that is?

Is it on 1-2 shifts? I believe there is an adjustment nut/allen key set screw under the boot by the handle you can adjust to get rid of this.... if it's just a click urs might not be to far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread