Votes: 42 23.9%
  • OTHER AND WHY?

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BV600

Established Member
I have a Barton w Bracket and love it. Its a little short becuase The knob setup I have.
Kinda Clicks into gear, a little stiff at times but probablly the stock fluid? Down shifting is a little slow but probablly because how short I made it.
Since this picture I added a small washer to kick the boot up and its flush against the shift knob
DSC_0184.gif

Last edited:

atistang

Established Member
i haven't tried either so i'm not going to vote.

but from what i have seen and heard the MGW is the best shifter your going to put on a 11+

Lewis26

Established Member
I had a Barton with bracket and tried an MGW.

Sold my Barton and immediately bought an MGW. It's just that much better.

Go MGW. That shifter along with a stainless steel braided clutch line and a good shift knob made this trans one of the best I've ever driven.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have the barton bracket installed. its a nice improvement over the stock crap. I have a mgw shifter waiting for me to get home, then its getting installed.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have a Barton bracket and a stock shifter. I would like to try an MGW, but in someone else's car. I don't miss shifts and can shift this as fast as I please. I really don't see the need for an aftermarket shifter, unless you just don't like the feel of the stocker and are looking for something more "mechanical" and direct. The biggest issue with the stocker was deflection, it was terrible. Barton bracket ended that, 100%.

Mike

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
BY FAR, Go with MGW! They have developed new technology with patents. Its def worth the money!!!

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
I have a Barton bracket and a stock shifter. I would like to try an MGW, but in someone else's car. I don't miss shifts and can shift this as fast as I please. I really don't see the need for an aftermarket shifter, unless you just don't like the feel of the stocker and are looking for something more "mechanical" and direct. The biggest issue with the stocker was deflection, it was terrible. Barton bracket ended that, 100%.

Mike

i might start here. and do the same. does the mgw come with its own bracket. i wonder

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i have the steeda. barton and MGW are so much $$$$ its unreal. The MGW looks to be the best. never tried one though. Im fine with my steeda. i found it brand new for $169 from this place torque, they had the wrong price online. i love it. makes the trans very tight.

coyotestang

Established Member
im thinking about the mgw or the barton. is there a need for the bracket with the mgw or does it come with one?

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
im thinking about the mgw or the barton. is there a need for the bracket with the mgw or does it come with one?

The MGW does not need a bracket as its built in. I probably would have went with the MGW based on reviews but I couldn't pass on a used Barton shifter & bracket deal for $228 shipped off Ebay. I was at Mustang Week and Barton Industries was there with their demo stang and they let me go thru the gears with their car off and I liked it a lot. It felt real positive and I liked its firmness. I look forward to installing it and testing it out. For how much I got it for I'm sure I could sell it for the same price if some how I didn't like it, but I'm pretty sure its going to work great for me. I haven't seen any used MGW's for sale, probably because everyone likes them.

Mika

Established Member
If anyone is around the DFW metro and wants to check out the MGW shifter, lemme know. I'm happy with it. No its not cheap, but it's also not made in China.

Mika

MI GT

Established Member
Had a Barton with the support bracket and was ok, just does not compare
to the MGW.
One hot day last summer before I got the MGW, I noticed the Barton felt
real stiff, would not self center, harder to move than i remembered.
Took it off while it was still warm and could barely move it, took it in the house
and let it cool and freed right up.
Took heat gun and warmed it up and got stiff again, the derin bushings swell when hot.
The MGW has all the bushings fluted, room for expansion,and you can grease it, never had an issue with .the MGW and ain't looked back.
It is the one to have.

Jim

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
wow didn't see this thread when i posted mine, looks as if the MGW is the way to go. Where can i pick one up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread