Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No new pics but another update, found big time signs of valve float.. So that explains a lot. Going with new valves, and Coyote big boy valve springs in the 04 heads.

Headers came in.. Holley EGT setup will be ordered on Friday for more data

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What signs did you see? What boost and RPM do you see? How aggressive are the cams?
Don’t know how I missed this. Springs and retainers were smashed together. Custom mihovetz cams. Nothing to crazy but typical 475 and 230 duration. 29psi and converter flashing to to 7300 immediately. Springs we’re worn out pretty good. We had Livernois springs in it. So now we’re doing custom stuff

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
These came out awesome!
C6117C1F-1735-43F2-9BFF-4A84DC5CD7B9_1_105_c.jpeg
8ECF3DF9-906F-48C1-BFFE-FE8F1139AF49_1_105_c.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good!
I need to have EGT bungs welded on these. How was the kit? I’m going to mock it up and find best angle but it shouldn’t be too bad for my fab guy.
-J
650BB060-C151-41C9-AA2A-2F3B148FC8FD.jpeg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well got a update for my motor.. wrist pins should have been in on Friday. Most of the machine work is done already.. Hopefully another month or so and the motor will be done. Really excited to get this thing back in action. It's gonna be pretty damn stout now that I'll have the valve float under control, and top fuel hoops on the heads and receiver groove on the block.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well got an update for my motor.. wrist pins should have been in on Friday. Most of the machine work is done already.. Hopefully another month or so and the motor will be done. Really excited to get this thing back in action. It's gonna be pretty damn stout now that I'll have the valve float under control, and top fuel hoops on the heads and receiver groove on the block.
Who’s building it? Looking forward to hearing about the updates. Current mod motor tech is out there but it’s cool to see how hard these combos can run with big boost.
-J

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Good lord, I go away for a few years and this thread is still going. Glad to know somethings don't change. lol
Lol nah I just keep this shit updated. Easier than starting another thread. Everything all in one long story hahahaha. Just keep changing things to make it what I want. Cheaper than selling it

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
when is the new v13 head unit going on this? lol
Lol funny I’ve talked about that. Vortech would have to give me one at an extreme discount for me to do that. I would love one though.

I did end up switching injectors with my buddy. My id1700s for his id2600xds. So fueling is really not gonna be a problem. Next will be if I out power the pump lol

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I was waiting for this. I felt without going crank mounted, you were at about the limits of a belt driven setup. You showed what could be done and you built a hell of a centri car.

Good luck with the turbo build. I will definitely follow the build.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I was waiting for this. I felt without going crank mounted, you were at about the limits of a belt driven setup. You showed what could be done and you built a hell of a centri car.

Good luck with the turbo build. I will definitely follow the build.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks man. Found a hairline crack in the snout of the blower that's it for me. Not chancing anything else. I tried to get a billet crank and would have kept riding it out but a 20wk wait isn't happening.

Users who are viewing this thread