Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
These are gonna look good
D512BEB3-715E-4438-9E10-A939D0DC82E7.jpeg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Nice redline coils, they're local to me. Good dudes. Just had a tune finished up there a few weeks ago.

Where did the brackets come from?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nice redline coils, they're local to me. Good dudes. Just had a tune finished up there a few weeks ago.

Where did the brackets come from?
Yea they’re great guys for sure. Jake Conant had these built up. They’re fantastic

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Yea it's been a busy last few years.. Crazy to think on like July 6th it'll be 3yrs since I last drove her lol

Needless to say you can only imagine what I would have done to the SOB that "salvaged" this car if something happened to Rachel or Brayden if I got in a car accident expecting airbags to deploy and they didn't.. I'd be going AWOL that's for starters.. Then going hunting.. Probably with you for the SOB..lol :beer:

Also after the deployments the car will be going back under for a full cage.. 8sec cert cage to make up for the lack of airbags.
I just saw this thread today and read through it all... hell of a journey man!

As for the hidden damage at least you knew your car had a salvage title and could expect some level of messed up crap. My car didn't have the details on it's history, it was all off the books crap and the hidden damage was WAY worse than yours. My builder and I have the same idea though that we'd love to find the clown that molested my car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I just saw this thread today and read through it all... hell of a journey man!

As for the hidden damage at least you knew your car had a salvage title and could expect some level of messed up crap. My car didn't have the details on it's history, it was all off the books crap and the hidden damage was WAY worse than yours. My builder and I have the same idea though that we'd love to find the clown that molested my car.
Thanks man. Yea been a journey for sure lol. That’s true I did know the damage.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Head gaskets have a issue. Wednesday before mods I’ll be ripping into it for gaskets. Assembling at the track. Then trying to run some 7.8s lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bummer especially before the race but glad you’re still going and see you there. You’ll get it done!
-J

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Sucks about the gaskets but at least you know before Mod Nationals.

What's the age/mileage on the coils?
Oh yea. Sucks for the thrash session but that’s ok.

Coils are a few year old. 100 passes on them. And maybe 150 street miles. They’re yours if you want them
Bummer especially before the race but glad you’re still going and see you there. You’ll get it done!
-J
Oh yea we’ll be there rebuilding it in the pits Thursday hahaha

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well nothing good to report here.. Did head gaskets in the car and got to Modnationals.. still chasing a misfire and it torched the new set of head gaskets in less than 3 passes.. Head and block has damage now.. The YSI-B blower made 29psi in .6 seconds off the brake though.. so i'll have a runner here soon. Pretty bummed though. Good news is the 10rib belt is holding perfectly

Lots of lessons learned here I need to pass to anyone who carrs.

1. The YSI-B blower at this power level is nuts.. It has bent 2 different crank keys. Even with the crank bolt tqed to 125ftlbs. So at this power level you 100% have to have a double key'd crank

2. Highly recommend you stud the crank like the 03/04 cobra's do.

The Fix and upcoming mods to be planned:

Double Key the Crank
Stud the Crank
Repair block and heads
O ring heads and block
Copper head gaskets
(Prepare the motor to hold 40-50psi)
Refreshed the engine, bearings, rings etc
Kooks 1-7/8" headers with 3.5" collector and custom 3.5" exhaust
Holley EGT bungs in every primary
Coolant pressure sensor
crank case pressure sensor

I was going to sell the blower setup but my builder and tuner wants to see this through. This thing is gonna fly when it's all figured out.

Kooks 1-3/4" with 3" collectors and EGR provision will be forsale soon if anyone is interested.

Motor is already out of the car etc. I have lots of pics on my phone I'll try post up..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Well nothing good to report here.. Did head gaskets in the car and got to Modnationals.. still chasing a misfire and it torched the new set of head gaskets in less than 3 passes.. Head and block has damage now.. The YSI-B blower made 29psi in .6 seconds off the brake though.. so i'll have a runner here soon. Pretty bummed though. Good news is the 10rib belt is holding perfectly

1. The YSI-B blower at this power level is nuts.. It has bent 2 different crank keys. Even with the crank bolt tqed to 125ftlbs. So at this power level you 100% have to have a double key'd crank

Double Key the Crank
Stud the Crank
Repair block and heads
O ring heads and block
Copper head gaskets
Coolant pressure sensor

I was going to sell the blower setup but my builder and tuner wants to see this through. This thing is gonna fly when it's all figured out.

Kooks 1-3/4" with 3" collectors and EGR provision will be forsale soon if anyone is interested.

Motor is already out of the car etc. I have lots of pics on my phone I'll try post up..

damn, sorry to hear about the carnage but look forward to what it'll do once sorted!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
damn, sorry to hear about the carnage but look forward to what it'll do once sorted!
It's ok man thank you though. I knew we were on the edge of the gaskets to begin with, then misfiring they take a beating. The 2 people that did this back in 2011 or so are no where to be found and nothing documented. SO I'm trying to keep this up to date for the next person who try to go really fast with a belt driven Vortech.

Adower

Established Member

Double Key the Crank
Stud the Crank
Repair block and heads
O ring heads and block
Copper head gaskets
Coolant pressure sensor

How much for the Kooks?

Users who are viewing this thread