Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Alright so here we go..

Decided that I didn't want to risk bending the tq arm and breaking my rear LCA's.. I needed to pull my fuel pump to get it looked at by Weldon so I figured it would be a good time to try to sell it. Turns out it sold in less than 2days.. So I went and bought:

Racecraft rear LCA's
Racecraft Anti-Rollbar setup
Chassis Works Solid DA uppers (had these at AED)
Mensars custom Afco rear coilovers
Ford Racing Diff Cover.

I installed all that pretty easily. Got the fuel pump back all checked out.. Well from a log I posted I was out of injector.. Makes sense as ID1300's are rated at 1300hp with fuel give or take. Subtract 30% for E85.. That's around 1000hp.. I'm at 860rwhp so about 1000hp at the crank.. Lucked out as the shop racecar maxed out the 1700's first time out on the new setup.. 4 1/8th mi passes and they got pulled. So I snagged those and sold my 1300's to another shop race car that is upgrading from 1000's.. Lucked out only came out of pocket $200..

As I was about to get the car up to AED to have have the watts link and tq arm brackets cut out and the ARB installed I decided to just say F-it and sell the griggs front Kmember and control arms. Got those sold to the same guy who bought my rear setup. Made some good money as the racecraft is cheap compared to griggs lol.

That's about it now. Changing front spring rates to a more friendly street/strip setup. Looking at keeping the Koni D/A for now but possibly will move to the Mensars front custom AFCO setup.. But they are like $1900 so that's a big pill to swallow. Also remembered how much I effing hate working on a car on jackstands..

On to the pics :)
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1697.jpg
IMG_7220.jpg
IMG_7329.jpg
IMG_7403.jpg
IMG_7408.jpg
IMG_7409.jpg
IMG_9184.jpg
IMG_9798.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Next up for sale is my Baer Big Brake kit both front and rear setups..

Front is a Baer/Alcon type-B caliper two piece 13.5" rotors (fits 17" wheels)
Rear is a Baer two piece 13" rotors with a firebird/Vette rear caliper.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So, any chance that there's a set of ID1000's for sale, preferably for a smoking price :D
Yea there was but they sold in about 2hrs.. Shoot me a PM though. Let me know how much you're looking to spend. I might be able to work something out on another set if I can find one :)

SVTPete83

Established Member
Griggs front suspension is sold lol. Racecraft K-member and control arms ordered lol.

Also ran our of injector on the 1300's. Scored some 1700's and my buddy bought my 1300s. Only came out of pocket like 200 bucks!!

This might be the first time I had a part on my car before you lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I don't know yet. They aren't on the car.. But they'll be fine.. E85 only car and high compression

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh that was a while ago.. Yea I was gonna run the y-block with the stock radiator.. Instead I just did a totally custom setup lol. The Y-block is for sale.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am wondering what a better blower would be for a 4.6 street car, the JT-B or the YSi. I think the YSi-B would only shine if you are spinning over 7500 RPM from what I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
From everything I've been reading the order of better to best blowers is JT, YSI, JT-B, YSI-B

I believe I read that from Beefcake. Also this blower is just maxed out on my setup, for some reason. I think it's due to the way my cams are degree'd. The engine is just so damn efficient. For instance this blower made 1000+rwhp on Beefcakes car through a auto. It was a coyote engine, but it was on 20+psi.. On my setup at 6400 rpm it makes 16.4 and doesn't make .x more psi all the way to 8400.. Just stays the same. So for me it's done. My engine just wants more and more air, hence why I'm looking at a YSI-B.. Problem that I have is spending the money and then what? What if it does the same thing? I'm going to try to pull the ridiculously efficient custom power pipe that was built before I switch blowers and see if that's the issue. I don't think that it is. The Filter is good to like 2600cfm. It's a diesel air filter designed for a big twin turbo diesel. But it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
My car essentially did the same thing with the F1A-94, boost and power peaked and didn't budge after about 6800 rpm. Granted, I don't spin my motor as high as yours, but I think I've about tapped out this blower as well. I'm good with that, don't want to spend more money on a new blower and not make any appreciable power above what I'm making now. I've seriously contemplated dumping the blower and switching to a turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread