Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

Helomech74

Established Member
How are you overheating your power steering fluid? I just looped my line and ditched the cooling tube with no ill effects at all.

Car sounds good by the way :D

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks man! I'm not to sure how. That cooling tube is sitting in between my huge A/A and the radiator.. So at low speeds is when there is a issue. Stop and go traffic the steering will go away and brakes will as well.. As soon as I'm moving and air goes over it, it's good. As the engine gets hot and heat soaks that's when the issue occurs. The hydroboost lines are to hot to touch as well.

SVTPete83

Established Member
So happy to check into this thread and see what’s going on !! Congrats Chris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks Pete!!

Went ahead and bought a cooler.. Gonna install it when it comes in from Summit on Thursday on Thursday :). Pretty straight forward and should fix my problem :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IMG_6900 (1).jpg
Sent it for the first time tonight.. Easy 3rd gear pull. Car is stupid fast guys and very conservative. It's amazing and I love it. I wasn't expecting to do a pull but it felt right so I did.. I'll go-pro my next one.. This car at 7600rpm is music.. I'll give it more next time :)

I love this Holly Dominator ECU.. I can see everything on any pull. Internal logging at anything over 80% throttle.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
ID1300's.. But you gotta figure, base pressure, 30% for E85.. I'm making 860rwhp.. That's about 1000hp at the crank. So I'm getting close to the limit on base pressure, but I'll bump base if I need to to compensate for injector if I need to

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
More vids for sure! Shit happens fast at those power levels. I’ve been having trouble finding a spot to let it eat in 3rd, those gaps close up quick!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
We have a good stretch of road close to me for a good 3rd gear pull. I hit 4th and stayed in it a little bit.. A little to long actually I won't do that again.. I haven't done a 2nd gear pull yet.. Shift light is set at 7800, and it pulled 8k+ on the dyno.. She's a bad bitch

Stanger00

Established Member
More like 160 towards the bridge lol.. Def not a back road lol!!!

Then again my 3rd gear pulls are only good for 125-130, haha. 4R75W and 26" tire problems. Sellers isnt too bad between delta and sunset.

That's a good stretch from the bypass to Main Street exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea that's what I did.. Bypass to the last exit.. Idk what mine is.. Not 130 though.. I think like 110 I have a short 3rd.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damn thats some serious RPM, Im at the stock 7k. 3rd gear for me with the wide ratio magnum and 4.10s is around 100. Im not quite in yall's league

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
damn thats some serious RPM, Im at the stock 7k. 3rd gear for me with the wide ratio magnum and 4.10s is around 100. Im not quite in yall's league

I'm running 3.73's and the .50 Magnum.. I'm not sure if that's the wide or short ratio. :)

Dang didn't realize that bet that pull went super quick too, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't to bad.. I rolled into it softly. The datalog shows I wasn't wide open until 5400rpm.. and I started at 4k lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running 3.73's and the .50 Magnum.. I'm not sure if that's the wide or short ratio. :)

It wasn't to bad.. I rolled into it softly. The datalog shows I wasn't wide open until 5400rpm.. and I started at 4k lol

i believe thats the wide ratio as well with basically a double over drive. What size tire you running? Im still running a stock rolling diameter wheel/tire. I feel like Im probably gonna have to change gears, wasnt planning to make this much when they were picked out (car had 4.56s from previous owner)

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Any more/wider shots showing the interior? Curious to see how the digital display looks in there with everything else?

Really happy for you that you're finally getting to enjoy the car!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'll take some today for you.. Or try to I should say. I'm going to be installing the cooler today.

Users who are viewing this thread