Maybe this is why some S197's get so much flack...

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh, who cares? You don't own the car nor drive it nor have to look at it everyday. I could say the same thing about a car any of you drive and yet at the end of the day you wouldn't give 2 shits as to what my opinion was. Isn't their something more worthwhile to post about instead of bickering over this? What gives any sport a bad name is the useless toolbags who can't understand that hotrodding is all about vision, and if someone achieves their vision of what they wanted the car to look like then so be it. You may not like it but go cry in the corner instead of cluttering the forums with this wasted space.

03cobraFL

Established Member
I think the car looks great. Just take off the badges and it will be just fine..

BTW: Longshot your car is sick!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The black car doesn't look that bad.

Although not a S197, this "Green Machine" is a little over the top. This car was at Mustang Week. The black car has nothing to worry about. Enjoy! :beer:

hahaha i love the astroturf seats and puke green stock exhaust tip :D

Atleast its a v6!

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
Is that MaxPayne's car on S197forum? That guy is a total tool bag. I've got an s197 and they're great cars, but like every car, there's the ricers in the group.

Here's mine:

forsale001.jpg
clean.

99lightning_svt

Established Member
I cant argue against this, there are alot of horribley modded S197s. I am currently trying to sell my 07 GT and will be buying a GT500. While looking at GT500s the other day online i found an 08 Grabber Orange GT500 that the owner had put quarter window louvers on. Well the bad part was he put them on the wrong sides so they were upside down! I just had to shake my head and move on. Here's my S197...

DSC03088.jpg

Why the shaker on a gt? Its not a Mach 1.... :poke:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Why the shaker on a gt? Its not a Mach 1.... :poke:
the late model shaker hood wasn't a ford development, but an aftermarket piece. ford reverse engineered the aftermarket piece for the mach 1, so your point isn't really a good one. besides, i've never heard many people say that about the 95/00 cobra R hoods, nor do i see the issue.

i forget who i heard that from, one of the knowledgable people here a while ago.

99lightning_svt

Established Member
the late model shaker hood wasn't a ford development, but an aftermarket piece. ford reverse engineered the aftermarket piece for the mach 1, so your point isn't really a good one. besides, i've never heard many people say that about the 95/00 cobra R hoods, nor do i see the issue.

i forget who i heard that from, one of the knowledgable people here a while ago.

No, the shaker was an option on ONLY the Mach 1s!

canibus

Established Member
Meh, who cares? You don't own the car nor drive it nor have to look at it everyday. I could say the same thing about a car any of you drive and yet at the end of the day you wouldn't give 2 shits as to what my opinion was. Isn't their something more worthwhile to post about instead of bickering over this? What gives any sport a bad name is the useless toolbags who can't understand that hotrodding is all about vision, and if someone achieves their vision of what they wanted the car to look like then so be it. You may not like it but go cry in the corner instead of cluttering the forums with this wasted space.

guess we found the owner

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is that MaxPayne's car on S197forum? That guy is a total tool bag. I've got an s197 and they're great cars, but like every car, there's the ricers in the group.

Here's mine:

forsale001.jpg

Nicely done!! Nicely done!! Now you need to update your signature. ;-)

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
guess we found the owner

Actually I think that platform is hideous, and therefore elected to keep my 2000 gt. Either way it's stickers so who cares, I could say the same thing about half the toolbags who replied in this thread who have decals of parts they do have, chrome inserts, and those gigantic windshield stickers...it's just not my cup of tea but I don't spend my time whining over the ramifications it may/may not have on a hobby that the vast majority have no clue about other than what they read in a magazine or what shiny new parts they can bolt on their car.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Actually I think that platform is hideous, and therefore elected to keep my 2000 gt. Either way it's stickers so who cares, I could say the same thing about half the toolbags who replied in this thread who have decals of parts they do have, chrome inserts, and those gigantic windshield stickers...it's just not my cup of tea but I don't spend my time whining over the ramifications it may/may not have on a hobby that the vast majority have no clue about other than what they read in a magazine or what shiny new parts they can bolt on their car.

Who cares? Why be something you're not? If you clearly don't own a GT500, why put ALL the badges on the car. If you clearly don't have Brembo brakes why put on decals signifying you do?

People questioned that on his car, and he gave this defensive answer that, "they will be coming off the car later on." So my guess is that there is nothing on this braking system that is Brembo.

JMoraru

Established Member
I know what yall are saying, but there are also a TON of riced out new edges. hell, ive seen more riced new edges than s197s. it does seem like a lot of people try to make "tribute cars" out of s197s which is nothing else than an excuse to put cobra emblems and "GT###" on it.

anyways...ill goin longshot in redeeming the s197..
s3.jpg

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
that car doesnt look too bad, just need to get rid of the emblems and the brembo stickers.

s197's are just directed more towards an older crowd i think?

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Most old car guys don't have bad taste. Ricers on the other hand do.

I disagree. MOST older guys with S-197's just seem to stick a bunch of BS all over their cars, badges, snakes, those stupid stuffed kids that lean on your bumper at car shows, stickers, painting weird things ON the car, just plain weird stuff. I don't get it. I'd be willing to bet that all those goofy looking S-197's are all owned by old guys. I just don't get it.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread